You need to realize....

that you [Husker In San Diego] are wrong.

The Fiesta would get the #2 pick to replace the team it loses in the championship game (or #1 if that's where they are ranked). Then the get the first pick of the unassigned automatic teams and the at-large teams. The order for the January 2012 games is Fiesta, Sugar, Orange.

You people really need to read http://www.bcsfootba...tory?id=4819597 before making claims about the BCS bowl selection.

Sorry BRI,

I was at the Holiday bowl last year, I saw the Fresno State game, and now the NW game. If we play a lower ranked team I truly feel we will struggle with them, as usual down to the level of competition.

I do not feel we belong in a BCS game, our loss to NW took any chance of truly belonging away in my thoughts. Wisconsin healthy, showed me what we are, and the chance of meeting a true BCS calibur team is frigthning.

I am not certain under normal circumstances we would have beaten PSU or OState. I would rather a bowl that we did not back into.

Where ever we go, we need to win the Bowl. What ever level it is.

I totally agree with that, but the Miami game still gets mentioned nearly every day on some sports show. Connecticut is beaten about almost as much.

If we win out, win the CCG, then so be it, but hoping, praying we will get in because some one else loses is not the way we want to do it is my take. We had our chance, and failed the straight way in.

Do any of you think if we got the Fiesta and ended up with Cincy we would play our best effort. I have little faith in that any longer. Give us a game where we are on a level with the other team. Bo can do that, and do it it well, below our level, we play down nearly every single time. A loss to Cincy or a team of that level, would do so much damage to this program it is unthinkable.

Getting blown out by a SEC team would be nearly as bad. I do not feel we belong on the field with any of the top 5 SEC Teams.

I just say win out, see what happens and hope we are matched with someone we can play with. Not to bad not to good. Because that is what we are.

I totally agree with that, but the Miami game still gets mentioned nearly every day on some sports show. Connecticut is beaten about almost as much.

If we win out, win the CCG, then so be it, but hoping, praying we will get in because some one else loses is not the way we want to do it is my take. We had our chance, and failed the straight way in.

Do any of you think if we got the Fiesta and ended up with Cincy we would play our best effort. I have little faith in that any longer. Give us a game where we are on a level with the other team. Bo can do that, and do it it well, below our level, we play down nearly every single time. A loss to Cincy or a team of that level, would do so much damage to this program it is unthinkable.

Getting blown out by a SEC team would be nearly as bad. I do not feel we belong on the field with any of the top 5 SEC Teams.

I just say win out, see what happens and hope we are matched with someone we can play with. Not to bad not to good. Because that is what we are.

I agree with that, especially the bold part.

I think our chances at an at-large bid just got a bit better since Iowa State pulled out the upset against Oklahoma State. If they lose against Oklahoma too then I think the Big 12 is only going to get one bid instead of two like everyone assumed they would.

Agreed.

Eh... I don't know about that.

Conference perception seems like it would play in here.

10-2 Oklahoma State team, or 10-2 Nebraska team? Both with a loss to a high ranked team, and a loss to a nobody.

I would imagine most who have paid attention this season would go with OSU, but I've been wrong before. And by before, I mean roughly every time i say something.

I think our chances at an at-large bid just got a bit better since Iowa State pulled out the upset against Oklahoma State. If they lose against Oklahoma too then I think the Big 12 is only going to get one bid instead of two like everyone assumed they would.

Agreed.

Eh... I don't know about that.

Conference perception seems like it would play in here.

10-2 Oklahoma State team, or 10-2 Nebraska team? Both with a loss to a high ranked team, and a loss to a nobody.

I would imagine most who have paid attention this season would go with OSU, but I've been wrong before. And by before, I mean roughly every time i say something.

Well some of it might be when you lost to a nobody. Most of the nation didn't see the Northwestern game whereas this game was later in the season on a Friday night so people saw it and it will be fresh in their minds...also NU has a shot at redemption if they win their next two so I guess we'll see.

Agreed.
Eh... I don't know about that. Conference perception seems like it would play in here. 10-2 Oklahoma State team, or 10-2 Nebraska team? Both with a loss to a high ranked team, and a loss to a nobody. I would imagine most who have paid attention this season would go with OSU, but I've been wrong before. And by before, I mean roughly every time i say something.

Yeah, that's an extremely tough call.....we'll just hope for the best. :ohnoes