Michigan -- How Does NU win?

Stickney

I'll be able to tell if Nebraska wins or losses this game based on the first Michigan series. If we don't spy Robinson, he is going to kill our defense with his feet and we lose. Hopefully Bo learned from the Northwestern loss that sometimes you have to defend against a running QB. If the past serves as a portents for the future, we are in trouble.

Well, I'll be able to tell if Nebraska wins or loses this game based on our 1st series. If our Oline get no push (like NW) we lose. If they do we win. If they at least can hold their own somewhat then I'll use your scenario.

Defensively, we just "must" send some pressure. Super D........WHERE ARE YOU?

I have said the Super D comment numerous times. Look at Super D in 2003 and see his crazy stats ie led TFL, sacks, fumbles etc..... Bo created that beast and hasn't been seen since. What bout Osborne in that role? Hits like a train, big enough and quick enough. Could use Cooper or SJB as well. Something different no team has seen from us. Great wy to generate pressure. Robinson is a great running QB and non threat at passing. Let Dennard and Green go an on receivers nd use Stafford and or Cassidy in run support. Is Thorell fast enough to spy DR. ? Have we/has Bo ever used a spy? Maybe against Pryor at VT?

I'll be able to tell if Nebraska wins or losses this game based on the first Michigan series. If we don't spy Robinson, he is going to kill our defense with his feet and we lose. Hopefully Bo learned from the Northwestern loss that sometimes you have to defend against a running QB. If the past serves as a portents for the future, we are in trouble.

Well, I'll be able to tell if Nebraska wins or loses this game based on our 1st series. If our Oline get no push (like NW) we lose. If they do we win. If they at least can hold their own somewhat then I'll use your scenario.

Defensively, we just "must" send some pressure. Super D........WHERE ARE YOU?

I have said the Super D comment numerous times. Look at Super D in 2003 and see his crazy stats ie led TFL, sacks, fumbles etc..... Bo created that beast and hasn't been seen since. What bout Osborne in that role? Hits like a train, big enough and quick enough. Could use Cooper or SJB as well. Something different no team has seen from us. Great wy to generate pressure. Robinson is a great running QB and non threat at passing. Let Dennard and Green go an on receivers nd use Stafford and or Cassidy in run support. Is Thorell fast enough to spy DR. ? Have we/has Bo ever used a spy? Maybe against Pryor at VT?

Oh, so have I. 2003's defense was a blast to watch & I really don't know why Bo has decided to stop the attacking blitzing methods we used then. They worked like a charm and would love to see it return.

GBR!!

Too lazy to google this but what I found interesting is: MI's defense ranks 17th in average yards allowed (322.2) and 7th in average points allowed (16.1)! Yo! That's impressive.

How does that compare with PSU's?

Our OL against their DL will be the X-factor IMO - more so than stopping Denard.

Too lazy to google this but what I found interesting is: MI's defense ranks 17th in average yards allowed (322.2) and 7th in average points allowed (16.1)! Yo! That's impressive.

Our OL against their DL will be the X-factor IMO - more so than stopping Denard.

Heh.....I'm also too lazy to look up current sos but Michigan's sos can't be anywhere close to ours.

Heh.....I'm also too lazy to look up current sos but Michigan's sos can't be anywhere close to ours.

DUDE! How did you rack up 3240 posts on here?

I didn't know that HP had an extradition treaty with HB... :confucius

1. Take out Fisher & Compton. They are to slow to contain D-Rod. Make David play spy on D-Rod. Play Martin at DE.

2. Run the edges. Lots of option & zone read plays. Mix in a few med pass plays to strech the field.

3. I differ to GoBlueM - not that fimilar with their special teams.

4. We have very similar teams, but we have the better Special Teams. Our Defense is better then theirs when they show up.

Michigan only plays as good as D-Rod. He is the 2nd best duel threat QB in the Nation (RG3 is the best)

Disagree about Compton. Lately Compton has been playing great and he has been flying around.

True, but I'm not sure Compton can contain DRob. David might be the only one with the skillset to matchup with him in open space as far as our linebackers are concerned.

Agreed. I would like to see David or Stafford playing spy. It is tuff to lose one of those guys to play spy, but forcing D-Rob to throw is our best way to shutdown their offense & get turnovers.

According to Sagarin, we've played the #36 SOS and Michigan has played the #39 SOS.

Here's an article talking about how similar the two teams look. Major NCAA stat categories are on the right, and they are nearly identical, with Michigan's #7 ranking in Scoring Defense the major outlier.

Playing Michigan is going to be like looking in the mirror.