What we learned this week

walksalone

I don't follow recruiting very closely. Maybe someone can explain. Bo is known as a defensive genius-- a great playcaller and talent developer (the man that helped make Suh an all-time great) with NFL coaching experience. How on earth is this the best we can do, talent-wise, four years into the Bo era? Evans, Thorell, Cassidy and Fisher all Blackshirts? Defensive ends are far from elite (none of them will be close to the all-B1G three-deep). I grant that even the best teams often have one or two starters of questionable talent, but when 5-6 of your top 13 are players that would barely see the field on an Alabama or LSU, you have some real talent issues. Is Pelini that sub-par as a defensive recruiter?

It is very hard to convince an 18 year old kid to come to a small town in the middle of nowhere where it gets very cold when he can go to a southern school. I love my home state and want to move back there some day, but try to tell that to a five or four star from the south. We don't get the hyped talent and so have to spend a lot of time coaching them up.

1. It's just football and I love my Huskers win or lose.

2. Huskerboard meltdown round three begins now.

3. Some people get WAY to upset over a game.

4. We can still go 9-3 in the regular season. Which is good.

5. Many of us were wrong about the Big, what a slugfest.

6. No, Bo doesn't need to be fired, seriously people.

7. Did I mention its just a game and I love my Huskers win or lose.

Four years later we are the still the same type of team. No progress made.

this may be the most gut wrenching post yet.........and true.

Regressed on defense. Slightly progressed on offense, depending on who we play.

We're in a bad spot and it doesn't look good. Imagine if we didn't have Lavonte out there racking up the tackles today. Ya, that's next year, and Fonz won't be in the secondary. You think this defense is bad? Wait until next year.

On the bright side, Cassidy and Thorell will be gone.

We're in a bad spot and it doesn't look good. Imagine if we didn't have Lavonte out there racking up the tackles today. Ya, that's next year, and Fonz won't be in the secondary. You think this defense is bad? Wait until next year.

We've certainly regressed on the offensive side of the ball since year 1 of the Pelini era....those were Callahan's players too....we had Ganz, Lucky, Swift, Peterson, McNeil and Roy played well that year too.

We've certainly regressed on the offensive side of the ball since year 1 of the Pelini era....those were Callahan's players too....

Well going that far back, yes we've regressed. I was thinking like the last 2 years under Watson. We've at least come a little ways since then.

I wanna preach patience but I don't see how our situation improves next season. Most of the young guys will have little to no experience and we're losing our two best defensive players.

Yep. The player development is sickening. Down huge in the 4th and the 1st team offense is out there. Brion has got to be wondering what the hell is going on. Granted, even if he did get in, he'd probably hand it off 3 times before we punted.

I wanna preach patience but I don't see how our situation improves next season. Most of the young guys will have little to no experience and we're losing our two best defensive players.

Exactly. Like I said in another thread....the good news, we have almost everybody coming back next year, the bad news, we have almost everybody coming back next year.

Yep. The player development is sickening. Down huge in the 4th and the 1st team offense is out there. Brion has got to be wondering what the hell is going on. Granted, even if he did get in, he'd probably hand it off 3 times before we punted.

Agreed. If I were a second teamer, I would seriously consider transferring.

But is it true? NO progess made? None at all? It just seems a little extreme to me. Taylor has gone from an insecure, fairly good runner to an actual

quarterback. He has grown so much! How about Stafford? He made some nice tackles tonight. Our defense were out there all game long. Terrance Moore made some great plays despite having lost his Dad this week. I think we HAVE made progress-I think back at the beginning of the season when we were all predicting how NU would do this year in a new conference-we said we would lose 3-4 games and Michigan was one of the 'scariest' games on the schedule. Look what we've done this year! Our first year in the B1G and we have beaten the two teams that will likely play in the B1G CG. Yeah, it's crap that it's not us but I just do not agree that we have made NO PROGRESS. I look forward to beating Iowa at home and to see who we play in our bowl game. Sorry, I respectfully disagree-we have made some progress and we will continue to make progress. We have a young team and we're already seeing what they can do. It will be exciting to see how much they grow over the summer. I think next year will be our year.

I don't follow recruiting very closely. Maybe someone can explain. Bo is known as a defensive genius-- a great playcaller and talent developer (the man that helped make Suh an all-time great) with NFL coaching experience. How on earth is this the best we can do, talent-wise, four years into the Bo era? Evans, Thorell, Cassidy and Fisher all Blackshirts? Defensive ends are far from elite (none of them will be close to the all-B1G three-deep). I grant that even the best teams often have one or two starters of questionable talent, but when 5-6 of your top 13 are players that would barely see the field on an Alabama or LSU, you have some real talent issues. Is Pelini that sub-par as a defensive recruiter?

It is very hard to convince an 18 year old kid to come to a small town in the middle of nowhere where it gets very cold when he can go to a southern school. I love my home state and want to move back there some day, but try to tell that to a five or four star from the south. We don't get the hyped talent and so have to spend a lot of time coaching them up.

But don't you think that some of these kids see how Nebraska is playing and think, 'Wow, I could really make a difference there. They need a player like me in that position.' I have heard some recruits voice those very things when considering playing at Nebraska.

But is it true? NO progess made? None at all? It just seems a little extreme to me. Taylor has gone from an insecure, fairly good runner to an actual

quarterback. He has grown so much! How about Stafford? He made some nice tackles tonight. Our defense were out there all game long. Terrance Moore made some great plays despite having lost his Dad this week. I think we HAVE made progress-I think back at the beginning of the season when we were all predicting how NU would do this year in a new conference-we said we would lose 3-4 games and Michigan was one of the 'scariest' games on the schedule. Look what we've done this year! Our first year in the B1G and we have beaten the two teams that will likely play in the B1G CG. Yeah, it's crap that it's not us but I just do not agree that we have made NO PROGRESS. I look forward to beating Iowa at home and to see who we play in our bowl game. Sorry, I respectfully disagree-we have made some progress and we will continue to make progress. We have a young team and we're already seeing what they can do. It will be exciting to see how much they grow over the summer. I think next year will be our year.

Taylor's running skills have regressed incredibly. Do you remember Washington (1st meeting) or KSU from last year? We haven't seen a single run like that this year. Not one. Injury may play a role in this or possibly lack of depth, either way he is not on the same level as last year. His passing has certainly improved, although our WRs try their best to drop every ball thrown their way.

Our defense is pillow soft and it's going to get real ugly next year. Stafford made a few tackles, but he was out of position A LOT. His coverage skills leave a lot to be desired.

You're honestly telling me that this D has progressed from last years'? That's laughable. Prince/Gomes/Hagg >>>>>>> Thorell/Cassidy/Ciante/Green/Stafford

Cassidy really having a hard time in Division I football.

We refuse to bring more than a four man rush on 3rd and 3 or more. Most teams find 3rd and long as a great opportunity to blitz. I guess we just don't see it that way.

The coaches are trying to use Thorell much like they used Hagg. They are not the same guy. I know most fans will come down hard on Thorell, but I will not. I see it more as the coaches putting him in a bad situation.

Jay Guy should be seeing the field. I really don't give a damn what these coaches think they know. I have seen what the kid can do. He should be seeing the field.

When we were down so much, would it not be beneficial to get some snaps for our 2nd and 3rd string players? I don't know. I guess like most coaches, I try to look at the future of the team, not just what will happen in the next 2 to 3 minutes.

When we make a big play on offense or defense....sure seems like the guys want to run as far away from other teammates as possible.....they must want to make sure that the world sees the name on the back of the jersey...........I guess the name on the back is far more important than the "N" on the side of their f'ing' head.

Poor Aaron Green and Jamal Turner. I guess we recruit extremely talented guys so we can keep a warm bench for the guys that show something in practice. The way this team plays, I could show something in practice probably fairly easily. I'll never have the God given talent these kids have displayed.

B o's doghouse is huge. Bo's doghouse is a 630,000 dollar property in itself. Courtney Osborne and Marcus Mendoza are the butlers at the door.

Terrence Moore plays his butt off. Sorry about your dad kid. Not only for the fact that he wasn't there, but the fact that you will never have more time to work things out with him. I know the feeling.

Kenny Bell has done a lot for this team.....so for all the haters that want to come down on him for that fumble.....yep it sucked, yep it was a bad time for a fumble......and yep the kid has earned his spot on this team by far. Rex fumbled on the goal line a few weeks ago too you know........we all still love him. It happens. We move on.

Yoshi Hardrick play his butt off. He also is one of the first guys to look for a teammate to pat on the back. Wish we had more Rex's a

nd Yoshi's on this team. We would be a lot better off.

Offensive line? Oh boy. Where are you guys. Caputo......heart of a lion, size of a Oompa Loompa. Sorry kid. I love the effort you give though. Good luck to you in your insurance sales or financial advice business. Whichever of the common one you choose.

How many recruits have we scared away this year.

The ups and downs of this team are more inconsistent than any roller coaster I've ever ridden. The ups and downs of this team kind of remind you of their head coach doesn't it? Either yelling, kicking, screaming and viciously spitting on a ref.........or beat down, effortless, lackadaisical, and emotionless. I think we've gotten a heavy dose of the beat down Pelini this year. The team has followed suit. Not saying that yelling and poking players in the chest has worked out really well either. I guess you have to decide your own identity coach, before this team could ever decide their own.

• Fire 1