What we learned this week

walksalone

Cassidy really having a hard time in Division I football. We refuse to bring more than a four man rush on 3rd and 3 or more. Most teams find 3rd and long as a great opportunity to blitz. I guess we just don't see it that way. The coaches are trying to use Thorell much like they used Hagg. They are not the same guy. I know most fans will come down hard on Thorell, but I will not. I see it more as the coaches putting him in a bad situation. Jay Guy should be seeing the field. I really don't give a damn what these coaches think they know. I have seen what the kid can do. He should be seeing the field. When we were down so much, would it not be beneficial to get some snaps for our 2nd and 3rd string players? I don't know. I guess like most coaches, I try to look at the future of the team, not just what will happen in the next 2 to 3 minutes. When we make a big play on offense or defense....sure seems like the guys want to run as far away from other teammates as possible.....they must want to make sure that the world sees the name on the back of the jersey...........I guess the name on the back is far more important than the "N" on the side of their f'ing' head. Poor Aaron Green and Jamal Turner. I guess we recruit extremely talented guys so we can keep a warm bench for the guys that show something in practice. The way this team plays, I could show something in practice probably fairly easily. I'll never have the God given talent these kids have displayed. Bo's doghouse is huge. Bo's doghouse is a 630,000 dollar property in itself. Courtney Osborne and Marcus Mendoza are the butlers at the door. Terrence Moore plays his butt off. Sorry about your dad kid. Not only for the fact that he wasn't there, but the fact that you will never have more time to work things out with him. I know the feeling. Kenny Bell has done a lot for this team.....so for all the haters that want to come down on him for that fumble.....yep it sucked, yep it was a bad time for a fumble......and yep the kid has earned his spot on this team by far. Rex fumbled on the goal line a few weeks ago too you know........we all still love him. It happens. We move on. Yoshi Hardrick play his butt off. He also is one of the first guys to look for a teammate to pat on the back. Wish we had more Rex's and Yoshi's on this team. We would be a lot better off. Offensive line? Oh boy. Where are you guys. Caputo......heart of a lion, size of a Oompa Loompa. Sorry kid. I love the effort you give though. Good luck to you in your insurance sales or financial advice business. Whichever of the common one you choose. How many recruits have we scared away this year. The ups and downs of this team are more inconsistent than any roller coaster I've ever ridden. The ups and downs of this team kind of remind you of their head coach doesn't it? Either yelling, kicking, screaming and viciously spitting on a ref.........or beat down, effortless, lackadaisical, and emotionless. I think we've gotten a heavy dose of the beat down Pelini this year. The team has followed suit. Not saying that yelling and poking players in the chest has worked out really well either. I guess you have to decide your own identity coach, before this team could ever decide their own.

Dude. Paragraphs.

Cassidy really having a hard time in Division I football. We refuse to bring more than a four man rush on 3rd and 3 or more. Most teams find 3rd and long as a great opportunity to blitz. I guess we just don't see it that way. The coaches are trying to use Thorell much like they used Hagg. They are not the same guy. I know most fans will come down hard on Thorell, but I will not. I see it more as the coaches putting him in a bad situation. Jay Guy should be seeing the field. I really don't give a damn what these coaches think they know. I have seen what the kid can do. He should be seeing the field. When we were down so much, would it not be beneficial to get some snaps for our 2nd and 3rd string players? I don't know. I guess like most coaches, I try to look at the future of the team, not just what will happen in the next 2 to 3 minutes. When we make a big play on offense or defense....sure seems like the guys want to run as far away from other teammates as possible.....they must want to make sure that the world sees the name on the back of the jersey...........I guess the name on the back is far more important than the "N" on the side of their f'ing' head. Poor Aaron Green and Jamal Turner. I guess we recruit extremely talented guys so we can keep a warm bench for the guys that show something in practice. The way this team plays, I could show something in practice probably fairly easily. I'll never have the God given talent these kids have displayed. Bo's doghouse is huge. Bo's doghouse is a 630,000 dollar property in itself. Courtney Osborne and Marcus Mendoza are the butlers at the door. Terrence Moore plays his butt off. Sorry about your dad kid. Not only for the fact that he wasn't there, but the fact that you will never have more time to work things out with him. I know the feeling. Kenny Bell has done a lot for this team.....so for all the haters that want to come down on him for that fumble.....yep it sucked, yep it was a bad time for a fumble......and yep the kid has earned his spot on this team by far. Rex fumbled on the goal line a few weeks ago too you know........we all still love him. It happens. We move on. Yoshi Hardrick play his butt off. He also is one of the first guys to look for a teammate to pat on the back. Wish we had more Rex's and Yoshi's on this team. We would be a lot better off. Offensive line? Oh boy. Where are you guys. Caputo......heart of a lion, size of a Oompa Loompa. Sorry kid. I love the effort you give though. Good luck to you in your insurance sales or financial advice business. Whichever of the common one you choose. How many recruits have we scared away this year. The ups and downs of this team are more inconsistent than any roller coaster I've ever ridden. The ups and downs of this team kind of remind you of their head coach doesn't it? Either yelling, kicking, screaming and viciously spitting on a ref.........or beat down, effortless, lackadaisical, and emotionless. I think we've gotten a heavy dose of the beat down Pelini this year. The team has followed suit. Not saying that yelling and poking players in the chest has worked out really well either. I guess you have to decide your own identity coach, before this team could ever decide their own.

WALL OF TEXT

Lol. Thanks Knapplc. My comment on your penn state post were a bit sarcastic and did not go ever too well with some. Hope I did not offend, it certainly wasn't my intention. Sarcastic as hell, yep. That's just my style. The kind of season we are having, I think everyone should be able to take a joke. Read that giant wall of text though. Let me know what you think. You seem to have a legit view of things.

Cassidy really having a hard time in Division I football.

We refuse to bring more than a four man rush on 3rd and 3 or more. Most teams find 3rd and long as a great opportunity to blitz. I guess we just don't see it that way.

The coaches are trying to use Thorell much like they used Hagg. They are not the same guy. I know most fans will come down hard on Thorell, but I will not. I see it more as the coaches putting him in a bad situation.

Jay Guy should be seeing the field. I really don't give a damn what these coaches think they know. I have seen what the kid can do. He should be seeing the field.

When we were down so much, would it not be beneficial to get some snaps for our 2nd and 3rd string players? I don't know. I guess like most coaches, I try to look at the future of the team, not just what will happen in the next 2 to 3 minutes.

When we make a big play on offense or defense....sure seems like the guys want to run as far away from other teammates as possible.....they must want to make sure that the world sees the name on the back of the jersey...........I guess the name on the back is far more important than the "N" on the side of their f'ing' head.

Poor Aaron Green and Jamal Turner. I guess we recruit extremely talented guys so we can keep a warm bench for the guys that show something in practice. The way this team plays, I could show something in practice probably fairly easily. I'll never have the God given talent these kids have displayed.

B o's doghouse is huge. Bo's doghouse is a 630,000 dollar property in itself. Courtney Osborne and Marcus Mendoza are the butlers at the door.

Terrence Moore plays his butt off. Sorry about your dad kid. Not only for the fact that he wasn't there, but the fact that you will never have more time to work things out with him. I know the feeling.

Kenny Bell has done a lot for this team.....so for all the haters that want to come down on him for that fumble.....yep it sucked, yep it was a bad time for a fumble......and yep the kid has earned his spot on this team by far. Rex fumbled on the goal line a few weeks ago too you know........we all still love him. It happens. We move on.

Yoshi Hardrick play his butt off. He also is one of the first guys to look for a teammate to pat on the back. Wish we had more Rex's a

nd Yoshi's on this team. We would be a lot better off.

Offensive line? Oh boy. Where are you guys. Caputo......heart of a lion, size of a Oompa Loompa. Sorry kid. I love the effort you give though. Good luck to you in your insurance sales or financial advice business. Whichever of the common one you choose.

How many recruits have we scared away this year.

The ups and downs of this team are more inconsistent than any roller coaster I've ever ridden. The ups and downs of this team kind of remind you of their head coach doesn't it? Either yelling, kicking, screaming and viciously spitting on a ref.........or beat down, effortless, lackadaisical, and emotionless. I think we've gotten a heavy dose of the beat down Pelini this year. The team has followed suit. Not saying that yelling and poking players in the chest has worked out really well either. I guess you have to decide your own identity coach, before this team could ever decide their own.

Im on my phone so I will do my best.

I agree that Cassidy is struggling. Struggling is an understatement. He gets whipped week in and week out. Thorell could be a real asset to this defense but the staff isnt utilizing him very well. He's outmatched and targeted consistently. I'll forever be baffled as to why we refuse to stop being so damn stubborn and blitz on 3rd and long. How many 3rd and 10 or 12 conversions have we given up this year? Personally, I miss the fire that Pelini had last year. He needed to tone it down a little but this team lafks passion and I can't help but wonder how much of that is related to the kinder, gentler Bo that everyone wanted. This isnt gymnastics! I see a severe lack of passion and chemistry on this team. I dont care what the guys on the radio say. This team lacks the team concept. Losing David and Dennard is a frightening thought. I'll admit that I am a Martinez fan but Carnes will still have NO experience going into next season. This is not good no matter how good Martinez plays. Where is Mendoza? And since we cant move the ball stop running that hurry up offense so the D can rest for more than 30 seconds before we punt it back! Sorry for typos.

Four years later we are the still the same type of team. No progress made.

this may be the most gut wrenching post yet.........and true.

But is it true? NO progess made? None at all? It just seems a little extreme to me. Taylor has gone from an insecure, fairly good runner to an actual

quarterback. He has grown so much! How about Stafford? He made some nice tackles tonight. Our defense were out there all game long. Terrance Moore made some great plays despite having lost his Dad this week. I think we HAVE made progress-I think back at the beginning of the season when we were all predicting how NU would do this year in a new conference-we said we would lose 3-4 games and Michigan was one of the 'scariest' games on the schedule. Look what we've done this year! Our first year in the B1G and we have beaten the two teams that will likely play in the B1G CG. Yeah, it's crap that it's not us but I just do not agree that we have made NO PROGRESS. I look forward to beating Iowa at home and to see who we play in our bowl game. Sorry, I respectfully disagree-we have made some progress and we will continue to make progress. We have a young team and we're already seeing what they can do. It will be exciting to see how much they grow over the summer. I think next year will be our year.

Taylor's running skills have regressed incredibly. Do you remember Washington (1st meeting) or KSU from last year? We haven't seen a single run like that this year. Not one. Injury may play a role in this or possibly lack of depth, either way he is not on the same level as last year. His passing has certainly improved, although our WRs try their best to drop every ball thrown their way.

Our defense is pillow soft and it's going to get real ugly next year. Stafford made a few tackles, but he was out of position A LOT. His coverage skills leave a lot to be desired.

You're honestly telling me that this D has progressed from last years'? That's laughable. Prince/Gomes/Hagg >>>>>>> Thorell/Cassidy/Ciante/Green/Stafford

No, I'm saying that I think it is a short sighted to say that we've made NO PROGRESS. I agree-our defense isn't good right now. I don't know the answer to that. I think the D not performing well is the most frustrating for me. However, how did you feel about our D when we played MSU? They were stellar! I think that is what is the most frustrating for me-we have so much potential but we're so inconsistent!! Blah!

Would you agree that Taylor has made progress with regards to his game management skills/passing accuracy? That is SOME progress.

We're like the kid's poem: "There was a little girl who had a little curl-when she was good she was very good and when she was bad she was horrible!' That's our team.

Four years later we are the still the same type of team. No progress made.

this may be the most gut wrenching post yet.........and true.

But is it true? NO progess made? None at all? It just seems a little extreme to me. Taylor has gone from an insecure, fairly good runner to an actual

quarterback. He has grown so much! How about Stafford? He made some nice tackles tonight. Our defense were out there all game long. Terrance Moore made some great plays despite having lost his Dad this week. I think we HAVE made progress-I think back at the beginning of the season when we were all predicting how NU would do this year in a new conference-we said we would lose 3-4 games and Michigan was one of the 'scariest' games on the schedule. Look what we've done this year! Our first year in the B1G and we have beaten the two teams that will likely play in the B1G CG. Yeah, it's crap that it's not us but I just do not agree that we have made NO PROGRESS. I look forward to beating Iowa at home and to see who we play in our bowl game. Sorry, I respectfully disagree-we have made some progress and we will continue to make progress. We have a young team and we're already seeing what they can do. It will be exciting to see how much they grow over the summer. I think next year will be our year.

Taylor's running skills have regressed incredibly. Do you remember Washington (1st meeting) or KSU from last year? We haven't seen a single run like that this year. Not one. Injury may play a role in this or possibly lack of depth, either way he is not on the same level as last year. His passing has certainly improved, although our WRs try their best to drop every ball thrown their way.

Our defense is pillow soft and it's going to get real ugly next year. Stafford made a few tackles, but he was out of position A LOT. His coverage skills leave a lot to be desired.

You're honestly telling me that this D has progressed from last years'? That's laughable. Prince/Gomes/Hagg >>>>>>> Thorell/Cassidy/Ciante/Green/Stafford

No, I'm saying that I think it is a short sighted to say that we've made NO PROGRESS. I agree-our defense isn't good right now. I don't know the answer to that. I think the D not performing well is the most frustrating for me. However, how did you feel about our D when we played MSU? They were stellar! I think that is what is the most frustrating for me-we have so much potential but we're so inconsistent!! Blah!

Would you agree that Taylor has made progress with regards to his game management skills/passing accuracy? That is SOME progress.

We're like the kid's poem: "There was a little girl who had a little curl-when she was good she was very good and when she was bad she was horrible!' That's our team.

The bolded is why I dont think this team has made any progress since Bo's first year. There were times in Bo's first year that we looked very good, almost beating TTech who was #3 in country at that time, after getting blown out by Mizzou the week before. Got shattered by OU the same year. 2009 almost beating an average Vtech team...... beating a good Mizzou team on the road in a Thursday night matchup..... then laying an egg against TTech the following week after that the ISU debacle. 2010..... beating Washington(not that big of win) then losing to Texas (again!) in what was the Longhorns worse team in atleast a decade. Beating Mizzou again..... then losing to an offensively challenged A&M team. Blowing a 17pt lead against in the CCG and finally just packing it in the bowl game.

This a very bad trend. So from year 1 to year 4 you see the same trends and losing to the same type of teams. This cant happen much longer and Im sure Bo knows that.

Good teams lose these type of games every now and then(every 2 years or so). Great teams find a way to beat NW at home.

For me the most frustrating part of seeing Cassidy out there is that I am confident we have guys who are more physical, better athletes, and who could be learning from game to game, guys with a lot more upside. I appreciate Cassidy's hard work and he probably represents everything that is good about NU football, but he just is not gifted enough to get the results we all want ON THE FIELD. Thorell was also again obviously targeted as well today...

The ongoing theme for me is the limited player development of the young guys during game situations, and the doghouse is really a dark cloud around the NU program as well. Forgive them BO.....and Move on!!

Oh and I learned that if my wife asks me to go black friday shopping with her that I will probably jump at the chance just so I won't have to risk watching this team play another game like that. I'll DVR it and check the score before I even think about it. Call me fairweather, traitor, whatever you wish. I am done with any emotional attachment to this years version of whatever it is they call what they're doing out there. I can handle putting forth reasonable effort and still losing. What I can't handle is what they did today. Hopefully I get over by next year, if not, oh well. Put me in DBag hall of fame if you want. I am mentally tapped out with the last 10 years of this sh!t. As far as I'm concerned the Husker team I know and love hasn't played a down of football since Eric Crouch was on the field.

For whatever reason a few players have longer leashes than others. It seems like Bo would rather play guys who know the system despite their inability to PERFORM in the system. Lavonte, E-Mart, Stafford. None of those guys really knew the system when they started playing and they're 3 of our best playmakers. Put the athletes on the field and let them grow.

I learned that not only is NU not 'back' but it is as far from 'back' as it has been in any point in the last three years. This whole season is a big step back, and I'm really starting to fall into the mindset that this will be 'as good as it gets' forever. Its been more than a decade since Nebraska played in a BCS game, and longer since winning anything beyond a division(which we didn't do this year either) and what I've seen from the talent/coaching/whathaveyou from this team, its going to be several more before there is even a hope of it.