B1G Officiating

Instead of bitching about the calls, which every school involved in every game can do, why not bitch about putting a player in that position in the first place. There was NO reason what soever to go after the punt, and JP said the punt block was called. Hadn't tried it all year, was about to get the ball back in good field position, and you go for it then? One call I will disagree with.

And if you look at the rule that dudeguyy posted pay close attention to NUMBER 8. The punter was in his most vulnerable and WAS hit. If it had happened to Maher all of you would be defending this ruling to the death.

As for the Fonzie play, maybe it was a quick makeup call for Green getting to the receiver pretty early a couple of plays earlier?

The officials certainly struggle but pinning it all(or a lot) on them is a joke.

The only argument i have to the block punt call is that football is a game of inches. Another half a foot and he blocks that ball and we get the ball at atleast the Mich 15 with the possibility of a scoop and score. I dont know about you, but if that happens on top of the momentum we had already built, who knows what happens in that game. Like i heard an announcer say in a different game, in big games, you have to make big decisions. They decided to try and block it but it didnt happen. I still liked the decision though.

Why don't people view this thread for what it is....a simple discussion on the officiating. I don't see posters in here making claims that we would have won. Let's just discuss the officiating without being told we are whining or making excuses...

If that incidental contact on the punter is roughing the kicker then they may as well toss out running into the kicker altogether because there can't be any other form of contact lighter or more accidental than that play. Just toss out the 5 yard version like they did with the facemask call.

While I agree a couple calls Michigan got were pretty bad, I don't think you could show me any sporting event that doesn't have a handful of absurdly bad calls. It's part of the game. I recall the 2005 Alamo Bowl where Nebraska got the benefit of some pretty questionable calls too. Was it the reason Michigan lost? Of course not, but a bad call is just a random event; some go in your favor, some go against you.

We were warned by multiple people from different Big Ten fan-bases, in this conference Michigan gets all the calls, especially at home.

It's also pretty apparent over watching multiple Big Ten teams in multiple games, the Big Ten as a whole has by far the worst collection of referees in college football.

if it was Penn State fans from BWI that said this, then it makes sense. They are the largest group of black helicopter, UFO, Bigfoot conspiracy fans in the conference.