Why?

robsker

Please pick a few and answer..

Why is it that the two best returning safeties from last season --- Courtney Osborne and P.J. Smith never see the field as their replacements get torched time and again?

Why are 4-star DB's like Corey Cooper and Dijon Washington not given any playing time when those playing are getting torched?

Why is it that Jamal Turner, our best WR during the first half of the season not playing when ,as the announcers said several times "the NU starting WR cannot get separation"?

Why is it that, once again, half time adjustments were minimal to non-existent?

Why, once more did NU look out-of-sorts, disorganized, unfocused and flat?

Kudos however to several players rising above the mire --- way to go Lavonte David and Will Compton.

maybe those would be good questions at a presser for

Why is it that the two best returning safeties from last season --- Courtney Osborne and P.J. Smith never see the field as their replacements get torched time and again?

Why are 4-star DB's like Corey Cooper and Dijon Washington not given any playing time when those playing are getting torched?

Why is it that Jamal Turner, our best WR during the first half of the season not playing when ,as the announcers said several times "the NU starting WR cannot get separation"?

this one bothers me a lot.......i think Bo is a stubborn SOB who believes in making a point, no matter the outcome.

Kudos however to several players rising above the mire --- way to go Lavonte David and Will Compton.

Turner makes a lot of mistakes that dont show up in the stats and hasn't been overly interested in practice. I agree that he should be getting more snaps. He might have gotten more yesterday had we been able to move the ball more than 3 yards per series.

I, too, think that the lack of adjustments has a lot to do with being stubborn. I'm thinking this has something to do with some players not getting a chance to play.

Most coaches have standards they feel need to be met for a player to see the field in a game. My son saw this first hand as a high school player. He was as skilled as many of the players ahead of him but I was told by the head coach that he "took plays off" and wasn't consistant. It wasn't until injuries to players ahead of him on the roster that he finally made the starting lineup as a senior. It was a position he didn't relinquish for the rest of the year. Actually appearing in a game was the spark he needed to be more consistant. I'm sure coaches feel the pressure of loosing the team if they go against their pledge to make practice performance mean something. On the other hand sometimes the pressure to win can overcome the need to stay with their standards. I wouldn't be a coach at any level these days!

Why is that some people see a player play a whole 40 plays a week and instantly decide that someone else is better, without seeing a minute of the practice session?

Why is it that some people claim they are more in the know than the coaches who observe hours of practice session before a game?

I am just making some assumptions based on all the evidence presented....I just think that players are in the "dog house" so to speak. We will never really the know the truth probably unless some legitimate "insider" reveals what is going on.

This one I can't answer. It makes about as much sense to me as it does to you. I don't watch them practice every single day though, so maybe Stafford and Cassidy just flat out want the starting position more and earn it week to week?

To this I propose a counter question: Say Courtney Os and PJ Smith get playing time and they get torched time and time again. What say you then?

Players aren't evaluated by how many stars they are. You could have all the 4 stars you want, but if they also keep getting torched, what then?

I don't know about this one either. See my answer for Cortney Os and PJ Smith. I wish he would see the field more, but again I'm not watching practice every single day of every single week of the football season.

Halftime adjustments are hard to make and see when players don't execute them. When your offense is given 15 minutes to play the whole game, it's hard to see any sort of adjustments.

We really didn't look out of sorts until we started turning the ball over. The game was 10-10 once and it was looking like we were taking control of the game. Then turnovers started happening and the game just snowballed. We spiraled downhill and that was that.

Why is that some people see a player play a whole 40 plays a week and instantly decide that someone else is better, without seeing a minute of the practice session?

Why is it that some people claim they are more in the know than the coaches who observe hours of practice session before a game?

If you take that line pf reasoning, then you can't question anything done by anyone is any position of authority or leadership. Just because we don't see what goes on in a day to day basis in practice doesn't mitigate the fact that we see guys continually not perform on Saturday. At this point, even if the backups practice like horse poop, are they going to be any worse than certain starters who are on the field on Saturday? Put that backup in, if they stink up the joint then the clamoring for them will stop. But why not at least give someone else a shot when your starter is underperforming.