Iowa fan perspective: Friday's game is a bit of a let down

Duffman

I thought it would have Legends title ramifications. Just not for Iowa. I never saw Iowa as a contender in the Legends. It's just that Nebraska has not performed AT ALL to my expectations this year.

Interesting, because in another thread (that got locked) I thought that you mentioned that this year was not a failure and that you expected us to win only 8 or 9 games? Or did I read that wrong?

You definitely read that wrong.

I thought it would have Legends title ramifications. Just not for Iowa. I never saw Iowa as a contender in the Legends. It's just that Nebraska has not performed AT ALL to my expectations this year.

Interesting, because in another thread (that got locked) I thought that you mentioned that this year was not a failure and that you expected us to win only 8 or 9 games? Or did I read that wrong?

"8-3 with this schedule is nothing to bitch about."

Please explain.

Please explain.

Nothing I said there means that I expected us to win eight or nine games.

Please explain where you got that from my quote.

I think we will learn a lot about this team in our final game and our bowl game. We'll find out if this team is all talk and full of sh#t after the way they ended last year. You wouldn't think that if it left such a sour taste in their mouth as they put it, then they would never allow the season to end the same way again. Unless they love the taste of swallowing thier own pride, and swallowing defeat.

So....what's the relationship between the two Fanbases/Schools out there?

I assume you guys have heard of each other.

Can't wait for the game on Friday. Should be a good one. Do you guys see this becoming the annual Friday tilt or do you anticipate movement and other teams filling that spot?

What's an "Iowa"? Oh, that state that you drive through to get to Chicago. Iowa is that annoying little brother that brags that their participation ribbons are the same thing as our 5 modern era national championships

• Fire 1

I assume you guys have heard of each other.

Can't wait for the game on Friday. Should be a good one. Do you guys see this becoming the annual Friday tilt or do you anticipate movement and other teams filling that spot?

If you live in Omaha, you've definitely had the pleasure of meeting Iowa fans. The fact that the two teams haven't met since 2000 has really caused tension to build between the two fan bases. I have a few friends who are Iowa fans, and every time the huskers lose, they all send me messages alerting me of how much the huskers suck.

I get back at them by not saying anything when Iowa wins or loses. Seriously, I don't have the time to send all of them a text every other weekend.

Please explain.

Nothing I said there means that I expected us to win eight or nine games.

Please explain where you got that from my quote.

It just seemed like you were happy to win 8 games, maybe you were pleasantly surprised that we only have won 8 games so far.

IDK :dunno

Nebraska couldn't care less about Iowa. We have played 5 times in about the last 50 years. They are the same to us a Colorado St, Wyoming, Utah, MInnesota, Fresno St, Pacific, Arizona State, South Dakota St, or Florida Intl. If they are on our schedule, we care, it not, we don't give them a second thought. They are unspeakably offended by our indifference to them, and take that as a personal insult. They feel that we should be as obsessed with them as they are with us, and consider us to be arrogant and ignorant because we don't (ironic, isn't it?).

Iowa, however, is absolutely obsessed with Nebraska. Both Hawk and Clone fans hate us worse than the Nazis. Both are among the most thin skinned, inferiority complex ridden human beings I have ever been around. Both "fan" bases like to paint Husker fans as arrogant, conceited, stupid, and ignorant, which I find to be highly ironic. To Hawk fans, a Husker loss is better than a Hawk win. I can understand ISU hating Nebraska, since we have abused them since the inception of football, but Hawk fans are something else. They are complexed and offended that Nebraska sports media spends most of their time on Husker football. They are offended that people in Nebraska have the audacity to wear Husker shirts and support our team. They act as if Nebraska is a territory of Iowa, and we should be thankful that the great University of Iowa allows us and our program to exist (talk about arrogant). I am honestly afraid for the mental well being of any Hawk fan that comes to Lincoln Friday. They might just see about a hundred thousand people wearing red chanting "Go Big Red!!!!!" I don't think that with their fragile mental makeup, that they can handle such attrocities. They liken a little good natured ribbing from a Husker fan to a Husker fan walking into their family holiday dinner, punching their dad in the face, calling their mom a whore, peeing in their baby's bottle, and taking their wife back into their bedroom to have sex with her.

I don't know if I have seen a more sensitive, more inferior fan base. Maybe texa$$ fans, but I think that even Whorn fans have thicker skin.