Why are there fire Carl talks?

corncraze

So I've gone from board to board and I keep seeing people talking about Carl Pelini leaving as a possibility. Can someone please tell me why on earth Bo would fire his own brother for one mediocre year on D?! So far, you'd think Carl's resume on the field would support him... Does this have anything to do with the Carl sleeping around allegations from last year?

I would have gotten rid of Carl at least a year ago, not because of his coaching, but because of his off-the-field problems.

If there's irrefutable proof that he's sleeping around, maybe.

Unless I'm out of the loop, as far as I know it's purely in the rumor stage right now. I don't believe it's in the university's best interest to act on rumors.

So I've gone from board to board and I keep seeing people talking about Carl Pelini leaving as a possibility. Can someone please tell me why on earth Bo would fire his own brother for one mediocre year on D?! So far, you'd think Carl's resume on the field would support him... Does this have anything to do with the Carl sleeping around allegations from last year?

beacuse Carl's entire resume (excluding this year) has an asterik next to it w/ "co-coordinated with brother Bo Pelini" in parenthesis.

• Fire 1

I would have gotten rid of Carl at least a year ago, not because of his coaching, but because of his off-the-field problems.

If there's irrefutable proof that he's sleeping around, maybe.

Unless I'm out of the loop, as far as I know it's purely in the rumor stage right now. I don't believe it's in the university's best interest to act on rumors.

We as fans would need irefutable proof, sure, but from what I hear from people I trust is that this is a fairly well-known thing inside closed doors (to the point where all you can do is facepalm), and has been for a long time.

beacuse Carl's entire resume (excluding this year) has an asterik next to it w/ "co-coordinated with brother Bo Pelini" in parenthesis.

because of that statement by kchusker_chris.

It only makes sense if Bo doens't want to have as much hands on coaching w/ the D...and it'd have to be someone Bo knows...or another no name just looking for a bone. The good in this position is that it's for a major program. The bad is that Bo will get most of the credit for the D that you coach and you probably won't have much autonomy w/ your job.

There's so many reasons why Carl will be gone it's laughable.

Care to expound upon that, friend?

This is not me calling you on your sources, as has happened before, I just honestly don't know what you're referring to. At this, all I have to go on would be A) All the hide your wives jokes have some validity or B) Carl taking the fall for the poor defense this year, which I think is unlikely, myself.

I would be much, much happier if that promotion of Barney to an Admin position goes thru... !