Once this hits espn it is going to give other schools a leg up on recruiting away our stud prospects. Hope bo makes a rapid smart hire. Someone with some clout in recruiting and coaching.

I don't see this hurting our recruiting

I'll bet he told recruits he was visiting that this was a possibility. Coaches are usually pretty honest with the recruits.

I wonder where he's gonna go with his hire. Stoops is in the "good ol' boy network" for Pelini, it's not out of the question. Giving Papuchis the title seems rushed to me. I'd rather him go scour the NFL for someone and leave Papuchis as the RC and a co-DC possibly.

It just seems like they'd be giving Coach P a little too much to handle if he got promoted.

Mike Stoops may be heading to Ohio State re: espnu Big 10:

"Meyer is assessing candidates and could lure in a big fish in Mike Stoops, the former Arizona head coach. Stoops confirmed he has met with Meyer but didn't say whether he has been offered a position." http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/40353/how-ohio-states-staff-is-shaping-up

Wanting to work for Meyer, maybe. I just don't think it would be correct to say that TO wouldn't give the OK for shelling out big. In fact, just the opposite.

Urban Meyer wouldn't want any of NU's assistants.

He wasn't talking bout NU assistants. He didn't quote his reply but he was replying to a post i made.

Once this hits espn it is going to give other schools a leg up on recruiting away our stud prospects. Hope bo makes a rapid smart hire. Someone with some clout in recruiting and coaching.

I don't see this hurting our recruiting

Sure it will. Carl is a solid recruiter. One of the better ones on the staff. Plus is pretty likely that JP will be the next DC and he's a damn fine RC. There are a few options being discussed right now. It should shake out in the next few days.

Nah! Kids don't come here for defense because of Carl. They come here because Bo had a winning record as a DC coordinator. I don't see it hurting our recruiting at all.

Just a guess but tOSU has given Meyer basically a blank check to hire his staff and T.O. does NOT give OK to pay big for assistant coaches. Nebraska can not be in a bidding war for a DC with tOSU cuz we will lose. I don't care if he was a childhood friend.

The new DC will be someone they can pay $250,000 or less, and since Bo handles Defense a lot anyway it'll probably be someone with experience at a lower level school.

Oh no, the bold is not true at all. We have money and T.O opened up the checkbook for Bo. Money was not an issue with our hiring process.

Carl made $375,000 last year. I bet tOSU will pay much more than that for Stoops. My point was that people were saying Stoops would want to work for Pelini rather than Meyer and I think he'll get paid more working for Meyer and that would be a major determining factor.

I don't think money would be an issue here. Remember one of our biggest boosters is one of the richest men in the world!