Carl made $375,000 last year. I bet tOSU will pay much more than that for Stoops. My point was that people were saying Stoops would want to work for Pelini rather than Meyer and I think he'll get paid more working for Meyer and that would be a major determining factor.

Meyer has already hired/retained Fickell as Defensive Coordinator. They would be looking at Stoops as a position assistant. I'm guessing either Bo handles the defense or hires Stoops....and I don't see Stoops taking a position assistant job at OSU over a DC job at Nebraska.

This is why I said I thought Stoops comes here before he goes to OSU.

Oh! I forgot about Fickell being the DC at tOSU. Yeah, I don't think Stoops would 'stoop' (sorry couldn't resist! lol) to being a position assistant when he could be the DC at Nebraska. A DC position at NU would give him much more prestige in the future than he would get as a position coach at tOSU.

As I mentioned in my last post, Stoops is being offered as co-DC at tOSU. Meaning he'll share DC duties with Fickell. They're not offering him a positions job, but a co-coordinator job.

I know the Berkshire family does/did donate to the athletic department but I don't know if Warren Buffet does or does not. Bob Berkshire who has now passed was Paul Meyers's father in law. I know people used to assume when he gave it was Berkshire Hathaway and Buffet.

But the rumor is out there he has given to the Foundation with some going to athletics. I once heard 10 million but I don't know if there is truth to it.

@daskers If you're positive what's gonna shake out, does in fact shake out, do you know where they're looking for replacements for Papuchis' position?
it's not 100% set on JP yet because they're trying to get a handle on that. But it's still a very high percentage. There are a few things being talked about including moving a coach from offense to defense. That would free up a spot for a QB coach. I was told two dine coach coaches have either been approached or are at least on the short wish list. One is from the Big 10 and a solid coach and recruiter. The other guy is a Nebraska guy. Names don't need to be out just yet. They were still throw a game plan together. Sounds like it might be a day or two but Bo has a plan he wants to follow that will help him decide.

Hey da skers Does Buffet support the football team in any way? I keep thinking I read a long time ago that he gives a great deal of money for the facilities. Any truth in this? I also remember when they had to pay Pederson/Callahan off after they fired them that it was reported that the NU boosters have DEEP pockets. True or False? Thanks!

If you were Stoops would you accept a 'co-DC position' at tOSU when you could have the whole job yourself at Nebraska? It will be interesting if Stoops does come here. Can you see Mike and Bo yelling their heads off at each other on the side lines!

The other offer would be to come to Nebraska and, although you would have the DC title all to yourself, it would still be Bo's defense.

There is ZERO chance Bo keeps his fingers out of the defense. The question would be, who would give him more freedom to do his thing, Meyer with a side order of Fickell, or Bo?

Carl made $375,000 last year. I bet tOSU will pay much more than that for Stoops. My point was that people were saying Stoops would want to work for Pelini rather than Meyer and I think he'll get paid more working for Meyer and that would be a major determining factor.

Meyer has already hired/retained Fickell as Defensive Coordinator. They would be looking at Stoops as a position assistant. I'm guessing either Bo handles the defense or hires Stoops....and I don't see Stoops taking a position assistant job at OSU over a DC job at Nebraska.

All the news reports out there are saying that Stoops is being considered at tOSU as co-DC. So he'd share duties with Fickell.

If you were Stoops would you accept a 'co-DC position' at tOSU when you could have the whole job yourself at Nebraska? It will be interesting if Stoops does come here. Can you see Mike and Bo yelling their heads off at each other on the side lines!

If Bo offered Stoops, I guess it could happen, but I'm not sure an offer is on the table at the moment. But if it were, sure, why not?

All the news reports out there are saying that Stoops is being considered at tOSU as co-DC. So he'd share duties with Fickell.

After looking at various articles, I don't know what to believe.

It seems Fickell's position is a mystery. I've seen DC, asst. head coach, co-DC or some other title. It might come down to what Stoops does. If he agrees to OSU, they might make him SOLE DC and have Fickell as asst. head coach. If he doesn't get a DC title, I think he comes to Lincoln.

Get this: Mike Stoops was a candidate for the FAU job too! Carl beat him out!!! Interesting!!

"Former Arizona coach Mike Stoops was among the candidates Carl Pelini beat out for the FAU job, Schad reports. Stoops confirmed he has had discussions with new Ohio State coach Urban Meyer about a position on the Buckeyes staff. It will be interesting if Bo Pelini makes a push for Stoops, his close friend, for the Huskers' vacancy."

I wonder if they passed on Stoops because he was fired??

As an AD at a college would you rather hire a guy with head coaching experience at the D1 level or a "DC" who most knew was the second fiddler in the defensive band?

No this wasn't thecase

This is why I said I thought Stoops comes here before he goes to OSU.

Oh! I forgot about Fickell being the DC at tOSU. Yeah, I don't think Stoops would 'stoop' (sorry couldn't resist! lol) to being a position assistant when he could be the DC at Nebraska. A DC position at NU would give him much more prestige in the future than he would get as a position coach at tOSU.

As I mentioned in my last post, Stoops is being offered as co-DC at tOSU. Meaning he'll share DC duties with Fickell. They're not offering him a positions job, but a co-coordinator job.

But that still means he has to share the job with someone else vs being able to call all the shots with a full time DC position with NU. Wouldn't that be more attractive especially being able to work with someone you have a history with and is a very good friend. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

I know the Berkshire family does/did donate to the athletic department but I don't know if Warren Buffet does or does not. Bob Berkshire who has now passed was Paul Meyers's father in law. I know people used to assume when he gave it was Berkshire Hathaway and Buffet.

But the rumor is out there he has given to the Foundation with some going to athletics. I once heard 10 million but I don't know if there is truth to it.

@daskers If you're positive what's gonna shake out, does in fact shake out, do you know where they're looking for replacements for Papuchis' position?
it's not 100% set on JP yet because they're trying to get a handle on that. But it's still a very high percentage. There are a few things being talked about including moving a coach from offense to defense. That would free up a spot for a QB coach. I was told two dine coach coaches have either been approached or are at least on the short wish list. One is from the Big 10 and a solid coach and recruiter. The other guy is a Nebraska guy. Names don't need to be out just yet. They were still throw a game plan together. Sounds like it might be a day or two but Bo has a plan he wants to follow that will help him decide.

Hey da skers Does Buffet support the football team in any way? I keep thinking I read a long time ago that he gives a great deal of money for the facilities. Any truth in this? I also remember when they had to pay Pederson/Callahan off after they fired them that it was reported that the NU boosters have DEEP pockets. True or False? Thanks!

Thanks!!!

Here's my question: Carl is being introduced on Monday, so does that mean he won't be around coaching the defense for the bowl game?...

Just have to wait and see. Don't sweat it though. Bo will take over the reins if Carl can't coach the bowl game.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not worried. I'm just curious...