Joe Ganz for QB Coach!

Thats a great selection. But it does offer the question. Do you want Joe Ganz as the QB coach or Turner Gil as a QB coach. Keep in mind that Gil has more experience with the option.

Taking Cotton to FAU would be nice, i won't argue with that. But the likelihood it happens is about 15% chance, vs taking JP as defensive coordinator 50 - 60% chance. Despite the fact that Cotton has been a OC, i don't think its enough for Pelini to take him.

What if Carl takes BC and we promote Garrison and Stai??

Garrison is already an OL coach, so no promotion is necessary. Stai on the other hand is an Intern, so a promotion to assistant is possible.

Cotton isn't going anywhere. He will have 3 sons playing for us next season. Even if he isn't coaching, he'll stick around just to watch his kids play.

The OWH is reporting that FAU has not offered Carl the job. It was just posted on their website half an hour ago. Now whether the offer came while this was being written or not, I'm not sure.

Carl Pelini denies taking FAU job

LINCOLN — Nebraska defensive coordinator Carl Pelini denied a CBSSports.com report Thursday night that he had been offered or accepted the job as Florida Atlantic's new head coach.

“FAU has not made any decision that I am aware of,” he wrote in a text message.

Also, none of this can be substantiated anyways due to the following reasons...

1. There was no plane secretly landing in Boca Raton from Lincoln

2. No aquarium guys (fresh or salt water) have been consulted

3. There's no Bleacher Report inferences

4. We haven't got a "I know a guy that works on the staff/is a booster" post yet

That player is very much in the minority. He would be the first player I know of or have talked to that wouldn't be supportive of him. He's very popular with the team.

So would it be bad now to say one down, a couple more to go.....

You're right too soon.

Couple more? I figured Barney would be stepping down soon.....and that's it...anyone else you got in mind Comptom!? Just curious....

Yep many people are talking as if Barney will be done coaching and taking a job in adminstration which many people saw coming for quite some time.

Also there's been talks about Ron Brown retiring after this year, and as many people will remember this was brought up last year and he stuck around, but some feel he may want to focus on his health and ministry and may be coming to that point where he wants to make that switch permanent.

Also knowing someone who talked to a player tonight, they said (in regards to Carl) that the team wasn't shocked and saw this coming and many of them do not want JP to become the next DC, but wouldn't be shocked if hires similar to last year or promotion within the program takes place. Hopefully Bo thinks this out and makes what he feels is the best decision for the program, which I fully expect in the end he will.

Remember, in carl we trust.

Something about Bo wearing a shirt that says Got Carl? tickles my ribs

I still believe Carl made those shirts. his left eyebrow twitches when he lies.

Now that Carl has come out and said he has not accepted a job at FAU. We'll find out Monday that its actually Mike Stoops who got the job.

Either way, we will have to spend another year breaking in new coaches.

If our coaches are any good, that's going to be a regular occurrence. That's the way it works in today's world where you have FAU's and their equivalent growing up into conference contenders. Everyone has enough money to pay a coordinator some decent scratch, and if you're a coordinator with any ambition, you have to take those positions.

It would be worse if nobody was trying to hire our guys. It would mean they weren't very good.

while I agree with you, I wanted to play the devil's advocate and note that Cosgrove was offered and almost took a job with the Vikings, and note that there are people like Bud Foster who continually get passed on.

Nebraska defensive coordinator Carl Pelini has been offered the Florida Atlantic job and is expected to accept the position, sources told CBSSports.com.

The 46-year old Pelini is the brother of Nebraska head coach Bo Pelini. Carl Pelini will replace Howard Schnellenberger, who announced his retirement before the season.

Carl Pelini has been Nebraska’s defensive coordinator since 2008. Before that Pelini was defensive line coach at Ohio from 2005-07, defensive coordinator at Minnesota State in 2004 and a Nebraska graduate assistant in 2003.

From 1987-2002, Pelini was a high school coach in Ohio, except for three seasons (1889-91) as a Kansas State graduate assistant and restricted earnings coach.

This will be Pelini’s first head coaching job since 2002 when he was at Austintown’s Fitch High School in Ohio.

Florida Atlantic (1-10) concludes its season Saturday at home against Louisiana-Monroe.

Looks Legit all right how old is carl pelini 1889-91 wow

Carl Pelini is really a Vampire?

Devils advocate................why would Stoops take a job where Bo is in reality the DC and looking over your shoulder....................not giving you total autonomy...........?

To me, the best scenario is for BO to be both HC and DC (like TO was HC and OC) and open up another staff position........................even if you get it to be a recruiting coordinator type (like Turner ??)

Can't say he'd be much different than his brother...A talented mind for defense but lacking in other areas needed to be a succesful head coach.

Any time a program hires an inexperienced Head Coach, there will be growing pains and problems. A good subset of such hires are a bomb. Now... if a program does not have to hire an inexperienced HC, then by all means they should not. NU made this mistake in hiring Bo. He had no experience and man... does it ever show. He has mightily struggled --- he may be getting better and may be OK in time... but why deal with the growing pains if you do not need to? NU did not have to go inexperienced... they chose to... mistake.

Now to FAU --- I'm guessing here, but you guys may have to go after an inexperienced coach (or an experienced coach that has struggled) --- simply because of where you program resides currently (no offense intended). If you have to go inexperienced, it is always a risk. Carl is a risk like any other. That said, he does, seemingly, have his X's and O's down --- though that is but a small subset of what a HC is about. Maybe he has learned from his brothers mistakes and successes. Who knows? When you hire a guy who has never been there (like NU did with Bo and you are with Carl) only time will tell whether they can do the job. Without having any history to draw from, predicting beforehand how they will do is not possible with any level of confidence. So, Carl can be anything from great to a flop --- no way of telling. That said, I hope he does well there.