what are the chances of stoops actually coming here?

I'm leaning toward zero.

http://my.journalsta...ect_for_bo.html

Perhaps I'm wrong, but last I heard, there was virtually no chance of it happening. Maybe things have changed.

I don't think Stoops would be a bad hire.

I don't know how likely it is, but he seems interested, so there might be a chance.

what are the chances of stoops actually coming here? i guess i just dont see him coming here, i think he will be skeptic due to the fact that bo is a defensive guru and probably wont give him alot of freedom when it comes to creating his own schemes and installing his kind of defense. i am a big big bo supporter but i think he might be one of those guys that could be kinda hard to work for, especially on the defensive side of the ball, cuz if he doesnt like what your doing he will take over the play calling, and i just dont ever see him doing that on offense.

I think he'd get a lot of freedom, it means Bo could actually focus on Head Coaching rather than in the defenses ass all the time, then it could even help him start focusing on the offense side (the side that needs the help)

good points, but im not so sure that our offense needs as much help as the defensive.at least basing off what this year showed, as the year progressed our offense showed that they "got it" while during most of the season our defense looked clueless out there alot. and im thinking this had alot to do with inexperience on the defensive side of the ball, but bo should be working with the defense cuz beck really made strides with the offense this year

good points, but im not so sure that our offense needs as much help as the defensive.at least basing off what this year showed, as the year progressed our offense showed that they "got it" while during most of the season our defense looked clueless out there alot. and im thinking this had alot to do with inexperience on the defensive side of the ball, but bo should be working with the defense cuz beck really made strides with the offense this year

I can kinda agree with this. The offense seemed better at what they were doing towards the end of the season than the defense. But you have to agree that guys like Andrew Green and Ciante Evans definitely showed improvement over the course of the season. Tenn-Chatt Andrew Green was a far sight different than Iowa Andrew Green.

So we can all rest easy now, our DC is not going anywhere :sarcasm . Carl Pelini has denied that he was offered a job.

Back to work nothing to see here. Mods feel free to close all the Carl Pelini job related treads.

Link: http://www.omaha.com...WS/312019740/-1

While he didn't say that Carl accepted the job, TO did comment on how he recommended him for the job. No doubt in my mind that TO wants Carl gone, so he is working to find him a job elsewhere.

Are you a Politician? I don't see how you get TO wanting Carl gone out of TO putting in a good word for him to get a HC job. To me it looks more like a opportunity for a DC to take the jump to become a HC & he got a referal from a coaching legend.

Agreed. Huskershark... how do you know what Tom wants or does not want? Are you a mind reader?

I recommend people all the time that I would love to retain. Constantly actually. Those who get the best letters of recommendation from me are those that perform the best. I recognize that a great letter increases the likelihood that a great employee will leave... but that is simply what you do... you give an honest assessment when asked. Is it not possible that Tom Osborne might give a great recommendation for Carl because he thinks Carl is, in fact, great? I cannot know what Tom is thinking... but, then again, neither do you.

It might just be a good rec for a good candidate.

Have you been living in a nutshell and not heard about how Carl was sleeping with a booster's wife last year? TO wanted Bo to fire Carl, and Bo told him that if Carl goes, he goes too. Hence, Carl is still here, and TO is taking another route to send him away. No, I am not a mind reader. I'm just saying my interpretation of the situation. Sorry if I didn't spell it out for you.

All the things you just stated are alleged events. I have no concrete proof... nor do you... that any of these events took place... Further, even if there was concrete evidence that these events played out (which there is not) there would be no means by which to adequately discern any individuals responses to said events.

Part of it does have some merit. I would think if you search for the right things in the public records you should be able to find out enough to see where it stems from. But TO did not ask that Bo dismiss Carl and if Carl doesn't take a head coaching job he'd still be here coaching. His window of become a head coach is about two years. Probably this year and next. Honestly he probably shouldn't have turned down one of last years offers but the guy had to think that this year would give him more opportunities after he could say he ran the defense. We took a small step back so they probably aren't as great. This year there are a lot of openings and not a lot of "buzz" around coaches so its a good time to take a chance. If it bombs we will very likely see him back on staff should we have a spot.

Nebraska just got owned on the recruiting trail (say goodbye to Deion Jones).... Wonder if the Carl situation had anything to do with it.....

Nothing to do with it. DJ was a lifelong LSU fan. He's also close to his family, hence he'll be closer to home.

what are the chances of stoops actually coming here? i guess i just dont see him coming here, i think he will be skeptic due to the fact that bo is a defensive guru and probably wont give him alot of freedom when it comes to creating his own schemes and installing his kind of defense. i am a big big bo supporter but i think he might be one of those guys that could be kinda hard to work for, especially on the defensive side of the ball, cuz if he doesnt like what your doing he will take over the play calling, and i just dont ever see him doing that on offense.

I think he'd get a lot of freedom, it means Bo could actually focus on Head Coaching rather than in the defenses ass all the time, then it could even help him start focusing on the offense side (the side that needs the help)

Our defense will be fine. A couple of the younger guys came on nicely and the staff is doing a good job addressing our depth (or lack of) at linebacker. I doubt we'll have anything close to a dominant defense next season, but I do expect it to be better. Now if only Bo could figure out how to stop mobile quarterbacks...

Nebraska just got owned on the recruiting trail (say goodbye to Deion Jones).... Wonder if the Carl situation had anything to do with it.....

Nothing to do with it. DJ was a lifelong LSU fan. He's also close to his family, hence he'll be closer to home.

Yeah, I was just putting a "Carl" related spin on it. Gotta keep Knapp of my a$$..... chuckleshuffle

Yeah, I was just putting a "Carl" related spin on it. Gotta keep Knapp of my a$$..... chuckleshuffle

What you & Knapp do in the bedroom really has no place in a Husker thread. :leghump:

just read Magic Johnson is going to buy out the Dodgers....This definitely had to do with Carl leaving the program