Congratulations to Nebraska

Caven

That is the worst I have seen our offense play all year - and it was mostly due to the Blackshirts finally getting it done when they needed to. I was pretty happy that our defense had held you to 10 points at the end of their 30 minutes worth of being on the field - too bad that was still early in the 3rd quarter.

I look forward to both of us winning our bowl games and then getting things figured out in the off-season so that we can actually be playing each other for the legends title next year in Iowa City!

To tell ya the truth after meeting many Nebraska fans....you guys lack the hostility to ever have a rivalry....Everybody was "oh gee I hope you have a great day" no "%#$@ You Iowa" chants from the student section...Very Very tame atmosphere. I was cautiously optimistic but no way this develops into a rivalry....I dislike everything about Minnesota and Wisconsin....Nebraska is just...blah no strong hatred feelings.

Good luck next year :)

To tell ya the truth after meeting many Nebraska fans....you guys lack the hostility to ever have a rivalry....Everybody was "oh gee I hope you have a great day" no "%#$@ You Iowa" chants from the student section...Very Very tame atmosphere. I was cautiously optimistic but no way this develops into a rivalry....I dislike everything about Minnesota and Wisconsin....Nebraska is just...blah no strong hatred feelings.

This is fine with me. Good luck to Iowa in 2012 as well. I hope you have a great day.

• Fire 1

Thanks for the kind words and "backhanded" compliment (ha)..... I agree that today's atmosphere did not have a "rival" feel. It has a long way to go to get that NU-Colorado or NU-KSU 'hatred" feeling....... I won't even go near the NU-OU game, because nothing will ever match that !!!!

All you have to do is beat Nebraska a couple of times (which will happen) , then have the fan base act like punks and throw piss-bombs, snowballs, etc...... then you will start to see the "hatred feeling" you are referring too. Until then, it will just take time for the game to create a rival feeling..... but it eventually will !!!

This will never become a true rivalry. Nebraska fans simply do not and will not view Iowa in the same light as a school like Oklahoma. I think largely Colorado was viewed as a rivalry only by their fans. This is another force-fed rivalry. As long as Nebraska plays the likes of Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State (the more historically significant programs) Iowa will never be viewed as our biggest rival.

This will never become a true rivalry. Nebraska fans simply do not and will not view Iowa in the same light as a school like Oklahoma. I think largely Colorado was viewed as a rivalry only by their fans. This is another force-fed rivalry. As long as Nebraska plays the likes of Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State (the more historically significant programs) Iowa will never be viewed as our biggest rival.

That's fine with me...personally if I could trade you all for Wisconsin I would in a heart beat....I view Wisky as a much bigger rival (even though the trophy is kind of force-fed the rivalry was real long before 04....our managers play a flag football game for a traveling trophy lol.)

That is the worst I have seen our offense play all year - and it was mostly due to the Blackshirts finally getting it done when they needed to. I was pretty happy that our defense had held you to 10 points at the end of their 30 minutes worth of being on the field - too bad that was still early in the 3rd quarter.

I look forward to both of us winning our bowl games and then getting things figured out in the off-season so that we can actually be playing each other for the legends title next year in Iowa City!

If I was a Hawk fan, I'd be pizzed that you didn't ride Coker until you could no longer ride him. He was getting yards early on, and there were more yards to be had.

All in all, imo, it was kind of an odd day and game. Oh well, here is to the bowl games, and next year.

So, you would have enjoyed your experience more if NU fans had cursed at you? My apologies. Stick around Caven, Iowa has always been a different team in Iowa City and I don't think that will change. Next year already looks like a different game.

I can already tell I'm not going to like Michigan after a few short seasons.

I already hate Michigan. My father in law is a Michigan fan and he is really rubbing it in this year. This will turn into a really big rivalry and maybe already has. I am hopeing that Penn state will turn into a really good rivalry too.

Speaking of Michigan. Does anyone here think that Bo and company are going to forget about Hoke calling that fake field goal?

I believe that will stick in Pelini's craw and fester for a year. It was kind of bush league in my view.

At least from a Nebraska standpoint, the only real dislike has come from the constant trash talking between the fan bases. Being from Omaha, I know first hand what its like. Iowa fans claiming Nebraska irrelevance, Nebraska fans telling Iowa to go win a real championship, etc. etc. Furthermore, I believe Nebraska owns the series lead and has dominated the most recent games between the two programs. For the most part, I think Nebraska doesn't feel threatened by Iowa at this time, by their football team or their fans.

That said, if Iowa wins some big games or destroys what could have been a great season for Nebraska, Nebraska fans won't be so friendly. Furthermore, if we visit your stadium and your fans do to our band/players what Missouri and Colorado did (urine-bombs, throwing things onto the field, etc.), the animosity will further increase. I'm not saying they will, of course, but those are some reasons why Nebraska fans had a lot of animosity towards MU and CU. I never considered them rivals, but more or less annoying brats.

Right now, this game is no more than a neighbor bickering, but it has potential to be more than that.