Football Scoop: KU fires Gill

Nexus

Kansas owes him $6 million. Two years after they paid Mangino $3 million to go away. Holy cow...

That is why I didn't think they would fire him this season. They really don't have $6 million to in essence give away.

Odds are some boosters came up with some cash to remove him.

I can't really fault KU though, in year two they were clearly worse than last year. As I saw in another article, they were either last or next to last in the Big 12 in every single category they keep stats on

But Gill at QB coach is where he would fit perfectly. Hell he shouldnt need to worry about money, and do you think if Osborne comes calling he wouldnt go.

I don't think it's Osborne's call to make. It's still Bo's team when it comes to hiring personnel.

• Fire 1

As I saw in another article, they were either last or next to last in the Big 12 in every single category they keep stats on

Except net punting!!! Only reason I know that....that was his big positve spin three weeks ago on the BIG XII teleconference after another drubbing.

That's funny as hell. If net punting even comes up in a teleconference you know you're about to get fired.

• Fire 1

Who does Kansas think they can get that is actually better than Turner Gill? Why would someone as talented as Mike Leach go to Kansas? If he didn't fit in at Texas Tech, why would anyone think he would fit in at a place as conservative as the state of Kansas? I've also heard Kevin Sumlin being mentioned. Sumlin's team is undefeated. Sumlin's team is going to a BCS bowl game. Why on Earth would he leave for Kansas? Going from Houston to Kansas in college football is taking several steps backward.

ku is looking at hiring either stoops or mike leach as the next head coach, or at least thats what people are saying down in my neck of the woods

I think it's terrible that they let Turner go. (http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/Turner_Gill_Out_As_KU_Head_Coach_134565203.html?storySection=comments) In the comment section of this article one person was even saying, 'Bring back Mangino!' Hilarious. KU doesn't know what they want and good luck finding someone to come there knowing that if they don't take the team to a bowl game after 2 years they're out. There are alot of schools firing their coaches this year so KU gets to join the conga line. I've read that Mike Stoops may be on his way to Ohio State with Urban Meyer. Can any of us see Mike Leach at KU? I'm sorry but that's too funny to me!