Rumblings of Player Transfer

Landlord

Couldn't really blame Carnes. It's pretty clear that Martinez is going to be the QB until/unless he gets hurt or graduates. People can speculate all they want to about this situation but the writing is on the wall for BC.

this. TMart even plays hurt, no chance for Carnes, unless TMart breaks a leg...seriously, he won't be developed next season either......oh well.

I teach and coach as well and while I agree with you that it comes from parents I also hold the kids accountable too. Why? Because if you're like me, you try to teach these kids what their parents haven't

God, that's uncomfortable to read as a dad. I will do my best not to have my kid need that conversation from you. Personal pledge.

• Fire 1

My thinking is you have 4 years to play, thats it! If you dont think you can beat the guy out and you dont want to sit the bench then I totally understand leaving.

I agree to a point. My problem is, how can he decide that this early? I guess I was brought up differently. Once you make a commitment to something or a team, you stick to it until you've exhausted all options. He obviously should have known coming in he wouldn't be the guy right away right? Now, maybe there's other circumstances we're not aware of too, in which case fine. I just don't agree with the philosophy of jumping ship when things aren't going your way as soon as you'd like.

I teach and coach as well and while I agree with you that it comes from parents I also hold the kids accountable too. Why? Because if you're like me, you try to teach these kids what their parents haven't

God, that's uncomfortable to read as a dad. I will do my best not to have my kid need that conversation from you. Personal pledge.

Not sure what you mean, care to elaborate?

My thinking is you have 4 years to play, thats it! If you dont think you can beat the guy out and you dont want to sit the bench then I totally understand leaving.

I agree to a point. My problem is, how can he decide that this early? I guess I was brought up differently. Once you make a commitment to something or a team, you stick to it until you've exhausted all options. He obviously should have known coming in he wouldn't be the guy right away right? Now, maybe there's other circumstances we're not aware of too, in which case fine. I just don't agree with the philosophy of jumping ship when things aren't going your way as soon as you'd like.

I know what you mean but like you said there could be other things, maybe he just doesnt like it there. You would not stay at a place you don't like for 5 years, would you?

While I agree that at some point kids/parents have to come to the realization that perhaps "Johnnie" wasn't destined to be a starter as a freshman, coaches still need to communicate with players as much as possible on what they need to improve on to gain traction toward playing time. I doubt many kids show up at Division 1 with the idea of floating through 4 years of school for the free education. Many may not have the work ethic to succeed without guidance however. I would hope coaches can be genuine enough to tell a player they have doubts that he will ever see the field. Unlike most SEC schools we choose not to pull their scholarships. I see no reason an unhappy player should stay with a team where he has lost faith in the coaches or school. Joe Ganz is to be commended for sticking it out and for him it was a storybook ending. There are other kids (who will never see the field here) who could be starting for smaller programs in Div 1 or Div 2 or an NAIA school.

And yes... I agree with your comments on communication.....hopefully the coaches are talking to the kids and being honest... I am sure that before a guy leaves, the coaches have probably visited about his situation.... in some cases, the coach may be brutally honest, thus making these type of decisions easier.

it's Bo's decision on who plays and when........if he loses some guys because he didn't play them, well, that's the risk he takes......we all know Bo is stubborn, in the end there may be a price to pay for that behavior, way too early to tell, but i see some yellow flags already...he is the boss, no mistake about that.

not sayin' he is wrong, but not sayin' he has made all good decisions either.

Any proof of Cody's comments? As for A Green, not a chance. His brother is here and he has witnessed first hand what hard work does ie his brother. His faith and relationship with Brown should also help.

Can't say I would blame Carnes. Look at Bo's history. A broken Martinez plays over a healthy Lee and Cody, no playing time this year. Martinez only a soph with 2 more years to play. Hopefully the staff and team can talk to him and see where his head really is. If it is to transfer, best of luck. Sadly, our history of transfers has not gone well ie Beck, Daily, Witt, Green (so far) etc..... Some times when you do not get your "shot" it might be because you really are not that good. Some times reality kicks you in the balls.

I know what you mean but like you said there could be other things, maybe he just doesnt like it there. You would not stay at a place you don't like for 5 years, would you?

we can only guess what is going on here.......

Well, it depends. If I didn't like it there because I didn't care for the school, the atmosphere, the team aspect, then yes, it's time to leave. That's why I threw that part about circumstances in there. Now, if I was just unhappy because I wasn't the starter or because I wasn't getting any snaps? I'd damn sure find out why and get my butt to work fixin it. Work harder, learn the system, etc. I've been on both sides of it as a coach and athlete. I had to earn that starting spot once. Did I like not being the starter? Nope. So I worked harder and busted my butt until the coaches HAD to give me the nod. I have some inside sources and according to them, that's not what he's been doing.

I have nothing but good things to say about Brion Carnes. Selfishly, I want him to stay and remain a Husker. But he could transfer and start elsewhere - and you can't blame him. The kid has legit skills. If he could move on and move up, I don't blame him.

But I love the guy. Would kill to have him stay in Lincoln.

Like Cody Green, I'll remain a fan after he moves on, if it happens.

But Brion. Seriously. Stay. If you're not going somewhere guaranteed to start, you'll be making a mistake. There is no place like Nebraska.

:yeah