Mike Leach to Washington State

knapplc

Where the frick do you recruit if you're an HC in Washington? All the way down in CA? Is Leach capable of that?

He got non Texas kids to go to Lubbuck, and that is saying A LOT. His offense can take over looked QB's and WR'(Wes Welker) and turn themm into something. His offense can be a talent equalizer. Now defense is where he is going to have to pull some kids

Good for Wazzu but I am very surprised Arizona State did not land him. With Leach ASU could have been in upper tier of Pac-12. USC and Oregon will continue to be good. After Luck, Stanford is going to fall back a bit. With Leach, ASU would be right there to be dog 3 in Pac-12 and he would be able to recruit great athletes out of SoCAL and TX. ASU is an easier sell to me then Wazzu. Wonder who ASU has planned? :dunno

Great hire for Wash St.

As for Leach....why go to Pullman??? I have personally been there for work, and it was rough. Your best hotel in town is a Holiday Inn Express and you are more than likely going to play little brother to UDub in the near future.

I wish him the all the best, although who will I listen to on the radio now over lunch with Jack on College Football Playbook?

Great hire for Wash St.

As for Leach....why go to Pullman??? I have personally been there for work, and it was rough. Your best hotel in town is a Holiday Inn Express and you are more than likely going to play little brother to UDub in the near future.

I wish him the all the best, although who will I listen to on the radio now over lunch with Jack on College Football Playbook?

Why go to Pullman? Maybe he's looking for an island away from lots of attention where he can do his own thing. Personally I love that part of the country and that area around Spokane is beautiful...pretty much all of Eastern Washington is. It's heaven if you're into the outdoors and the weather isn't as bad as say...Seattle. Maybe that had something to do with it.

I was just thinking about how you said he'll be playing little brother to Washington and you're right but how much does it suck when you're the little brother of a team like that. That's how you know football in your state isn't doing too well...

Washington and Idaho have a fair share of good recruits. There are a couple of Northern Idaho boys starting for Oregon right now. Boise State plays a ton of walk ons and local Boise kids. I bet Leach will be able to compete in that area pretty effectively for those diamond-in-the-rough recruits, as Boise can't be that desirable of a college to those already from the area...

Good for Wazzu but I am very surprised Arizona State did not land him. With Leach ASU could have been in upper tier of Pac-12. USC and Oregon will continue to be good. After Luck, Stanford is going to fall back a bit. With Leach, ASU would be right there to be dog 3 in Pac-12 and he would be able to recruit great athletes out of SoCAL and TX. ASU is an easier sell to me then Wazzu. Wonder who ASU has planned? :dunno

Not sure if they [we since I go to law school here] could justify hunting for a coach when we were still controlling our own destiny for the Pac South on Thanksgiving Friday. Yes, if the team that beat Southern Cal could have also beaten any one of the murderer's row of UCLA, Wazzou, UoA, or Cal Berkley, we'd be in the title game. And we do play Oregon kinda well last two tries.