Should Scott Frost become Nebraska's Offensive Coordiantor?

Tim Beck did pretty good as first year coordinator. I would imagine he will be looking over this past year at what worked, what didn't, and reformulate the offense accordingly. Great offensive coordinators aren't made in one year. I say we should give the one we have a chance; I have a feeling it will pay in the future.

Oregon's offense is good but you gotta realize, that offense is Chip Kelly's offense

Well I guess he can just get rid of all his offensive assistants because it is his offense and none of the assistants have any say in what they do :sarcasm

It is his scheme, but the position coaches are the ones who work with the players day in and day out. Frost is a HUGE part of that offensive staff and that is why they were not going to lose him to NU.

Tommie Frazier is even more of a proven winner....

Come on, Scott Frost is by far a hotter coaching commodity than Frazier. The only reason Frost wasn't on Bo's staff this fall is because he wasn't willing to make a lateral move, and Bo had already made Beck OC. It's silly to pretend that we didn't want Frost on the staff. We did. Just wasn't the right move for either side this time around.

I think I noted that - just pointing out some of the weaknesses in the OP's argument. I don't think at all that we didn't want Frost on the staff. I think we did, actually, maybe even pretty badly.

I still think Frost has a ways to go before proving anything as a offensive coordinator, but he is an exciting prospect. As a positions coach, I think I'd be stoked to have him on the NU staff. But for him, why would he make a lateral move here out of Chip Kelly's system? He really should stay there and soak up all the knowledge he can - and if he does make a move, to say, a co-OC or even a OC position, it should be one where the head coach is another top-notch offensive mind.

Or he could cut his teeth at a lower level, as a OC. I agree with you: the timing was not right and it wasn't the right move for either side.

Welcome to the board Wolviefan.

February of 2011 called. It wants its thread back.

What happened in February?

Just kiddin' around. We had a gazillion of these threads last February when we had an OC opening.

At this point, I'm glad we hired Beck. I like what he's doing scheme-wise, I think we improved from an execution standpoint, and I think Beck was a bit more ready to make the jump to OC than Frost was. We would have loved to have Frost on the staff, just not yet as an OC, and he didn't want to return as anything less than an OC.

Besides all of that, just bringing Frost back doesn't guarantee that our offense becomes anything close to as prolific as Oregon's offense. Chip Kelly is the mastermind behind that, and while you'd hope Frost would have learned a lot from him, he really doesn't have that much to do with why Oregon's offense is as successful as it is.

Also... a Michigan fan that likes Scott Frost? Something smells fishy...

Next, this guy's gonna tell us we should hire Matt Davison to coach the WRs.

....my favorite part of this video is when the Mizzery corner Shad Criss says: "The illegal kick as you see..." Bitter Mizzery players are as bad as bitter Mizzery grad journalists....I bet there are some cool sound bites of former Mizzery players whining about the Colorado 5 down TD drive...silly Mizzery players...they just need to learn their place, which was usually somewhere looking up at Nebraska.

I just wouldn't want the Oregon offense, but I'm sure Scott could of been and still could be a great asset to the staff. I'm not sure if he is ready to be and offensive coordinator, but he would be a great position coach.

These kinds of posts drive me nuts. Why isn't he ready to be an offensive coordinator? Because he's a receivers coach? What, he's not smart enough to change hats? This is football, not rocket science.

Chip Kelly didn't play a down of football in his life. He was a DEFENSIVE coordinator early in his career. He was then a positions coach on offense for four years before becoming an offensive coordinator. He was an instant success as OC setting records at New Hampshire. Here at Oregon, he reminds me of the glory days at DONU with 500 yards rushing and 50 points a game. But why would anybody at Nebraska want that?

There is a reason Oregon was scared to lose Frost when we had the position open. I believe he even got a raise and extension. He's a good recruiter. He will be here before his coaching career is up, but probably not for a few years.
Sometimes people get a raise to stay on staff and keep their mouth shut when the NCAA comes calling. Most people won't throw their current employer under the bus when they are signing your check and have dirt on you as well. If you can't beat them.....cheat them.
There is a reason Oregon was scared to lose Frost when we had the position open. I believe he even got a raise and extension. He's a good recruiter. He will be here before his coaching career is up, but probably not for a few years.
Sometimes people get a raise to stay on staff and keep their mouth shut when the NCAA comes calling. Most people won't throw their current employer under the bus when they are signing your check and have dirt on you as well. If you can't beat them.....cheat them.

So your saying Oregon is violating NCAA rules and Frost was going to tell...?

So your saying Oregon is violating NCAA rules and Frost was going to tell...?

Um, where were you during the Summer of Scandals®?

Frost may eventually end up at Nebraska, but it won't be as a coordinator. Let him move up the ladder. I see him as an eventual replacement to Bo, but that's several years down the road.

This will be a long, long time and by then Frost will be established else where.