Will Nebraska have it easy next year?

I see no reason to believe this team is going to be anything special next year. The offense isn't spectacular, aside from Burkhead, and we are losing the heart of the defense. It's gonna be another 3 losses in conference play. This time two of the three won't be absolute blowouts, only one will be. The game in Columbus will be rough.

I will not be laying a grand down on the skers winning the big ten title next year as i did this year. man so glad I covered my ass and the grand i laid down with other bets so wife does not know that I sold 30 silver pieces to make the bet at the beggining of the season. My ass is covered.

Not sure what your odds were on that bet but, if I had placed that same bet, it would definitely be the stupidest thing I had ever done.

Maybe you should mortgage the house and put it on Ohio State to win next season. Have you heard that they hired Urban Meyer?

Our offense should/will be better next year. Our defense wasn't really that good this year, and it's possible it could be worse next year. David and Dennard will be extremely difficult to replace. David is everywhere making plays. Do we even have a LB on the roster even remotely close to as fast as him? We played revolving secondary most of the year. The only cornerstone there was Dennard when he came back from injury. We saw how the young guys back there replaced the guys we lost last year. I'd be willing to bet Green led the nation in allowing his man to score a TD. Next year could be difficult due to the fact that every game might come down to a shootout.

Pretty good chance you're right.

There's a "chance" that the Dline gets upgraded with Steiney, Caveman and the last two good recruiting classes. We'll hope for the best.

I think Wisconsin and Penn State will both take some significant steps back. Ohio State was going to be good regardless of the coach next season. Year two with Braxton Miller could be special.

Michigan State's defense should be very salty again, but their offense will have some serious growing pains. They could be a 3 loss team by the time NU comes to East Lansing.

I think NU will be 6-0 by the time we stroll into Columbus. That should make for quite a hyped atmosphere and a potential game day visit.

Maybe its just wishful thinking on my part, but I believe NU will throat stomp Wisconsin next year in Lincoln.

I think Wisconsin and Penn State will both take some significant steps back. Ohio State was going to be good regardless of the coach next season. Year two with Braxton Miller could be special.

Michigan State's defense should be very salty again, but their offense will have some serious growing pains. They could be a 3 loss team by the time NU comes to East Lansing.

I think NU will be 6-0 by the time we stroll into Columbus. That should make for quite a hyped atmosphere and a potential game day visit.

Maybe its just wishful thinking on my part, but I believe NU will throat stomp Wisconsin next year in Lincoln.

:rollin

• Michigan (6 Offense, 4 Defense, 1 Special Teams) (2nd year Head Coach)

C David Molk, RB Michael Shaw, FB John McColgen, WR Junior Hemmingway, TE Kevin Koger, OT Mark Huyge, DE Will Heininger, DT Mike Martin, DT Ryan Van Bergen, CB Troy Woofork, LS Tom Pomarico.

if you're talking about starters not coming back next year then this list is kinda misleading, the two players I underlined played a lot early in the season but their PT was practically non existent once conference play started, Toussaint took over for Shaw and Hopkins took over for McColgen once he got out of the early season doghouse (he was suspended for the season opener and fumbled on the 1 yard line against ND), the number should actually be 4, the three losses on the DL will hurt the most imo, Woolfolk pretty much split time with Thomas Gordon at safety, I preferred Gordon because he was a turnover magnet compared to Woolfolk, we basically have 8 returning starters on defense so the number on defense should probably be 3...

next year our defense will probably be just about the same as this year because the improvement from the back 7 will be offset by the losses of our top 3 defensive linemen and we are thin there right now, ee improved a lot on defense this year so I'll take it, it's much better than last year, 2010 total defense...110th (450 ypg)...> this year 16th (317 ypg)...2010 scoring defense...108th (35 ppg)...> this year 9th (17 ppg)...

It depends do we lose to Minnesota next year? or if we have a chance to control our destiny do we lose the very next game? I want a Big 10 title next year, and no more unmotivated showings.

:laughpound

You guys aren't losing to Minny.

We've lost to them twice in the past 30 years.

I wouldn't count on it. The last 3 years we've had one WTF game where we lost a home game to a team we had no business losing too. Also Jerry Kill seems like the right kind of coach to give us one of those games.

This team is not at a place where we can sit down and say it is going to be easy any year. The team is spotty and inconsistent, so to answer the OP's question, no, Nebraska will not have an easy year next year.

:yeah

We are a TMart or Rex injury away from a .500 season next year. We have a ton of improvement to make. A very tall order. Several guys are going to need to break out next year to get to 10 wins.

Ameer says hello! I bet Ameer has a solid year next year and will get plenty o carries!

• Michigan (6 Offense, 4 Defense, 1 Special Teams) (2nd year Head Coach)

C David Molk, RB Michael Shaw, FB John McColgen, WR Junior Hemmingway, TE Kevin Koger, OT Mark Huyge, DE Will Heininger, DT Mike Martin, DT Ryan Van Bergen, CB Troy Woofork, LS Tom Pomarico.

if you're talking about starters not coming back next year then this list is kinda misleading, the two players I underlined played a lot early in the season but their PT was practically non existent once conference play started, Toussaint took over for Shaw and Hopkins took over for McColgen once he got out of the early season doghouse (he was suspended for the season opener and fumbled on the 1 yard line against ND), the number should actually be 4, the three losses on the DL will hurt the most imo, Woolfolk pretty much split time with Thomas Gordon at safety, I preferred Gordon because he was a turnover magnet compared to Woolfolk, we basically have 8 returning starters on defense so the number on defense should probably be 3...

next year our defense will probably be just about the same as this year because the improvement from the back 7 will be offset by the losses of our top 3 defensive linemen and we are thin there right now, ee improved a lot on defense this year so I'll take it, it's much better than last year, 2010 total defense...110th (450 ypg)...> this year 16th (317 ypg)...2010 scoring defense...108th (35 ppg)...> this year 9th (17 ppg)...

I didn't know that, thanks for the input. Yeah, your defense has drastically improved this season. I re-watched the Michigan vs Ohio State game last night and the D line was pretty good overall. Just might be our toughest game of the year and it's in Lincoln!

I really don't expect next year to be any better than this year was. Hopefully not worse, but it wouldn't surprise me...

I will not be laying a grand down on the skers winning the big ten title next year as i did this year. man so glad I covered my ass and the grand i laid down with other bets so wife does not know that I sold 30 silver pieces to make the bet at the beggining of the season. My ass is covered.

Well... at least you learn from your mistakes, I guess...