DC Candidates?

For what it's worth, I got an email about a rumor Mike Stoops will replace Carl. While I highly doubt this to be true, I guess stranger things have happened. The email also stated Ron Brown was retiring. Anyone else heard this?

He's 55, but I don't see him retiring yet.

Possible he may expand on the good publicity he got from the pregame prayer at Penn State and work full-time nationally on his ministry work.

He almost didn't come back this year. So it would be very possible that he would retire.

Why does Ekeler's name keep popping up? No way in hell. There's a better chance that monkeys will come flying out of Lil Red's butt than for that to happen.

Why? He is a great coach.

Word was when he left for Indiana..............it was a mutually satisfying decision for all parties .........................

Which is correct, he couldn't stand working for Bo.

For what it's worth, I got an email about a rumor Mike Stoops will replace Carl. While I highly doubt this to be true, I guess stranger things have happened. The email also stated Ron Brown was retiring. Anyone else heard this?

He's 55, but I don't see him retiring yet.

Possible he may expand on the good publicity he got from the pregame prayer at Penn State and work full-time nationally on his ministry work.

He almost didn't come back this year. So it would be very possible that he would retire.

I've heard he's considering it.

Why does Ekeler's name keep popping up? No way in hell. There's a better chance that monkeys will come flying out of Lil Red's butt than for that to happen.

Why? He is a great coach.

Word was when he left for Indiana..............it was a mutually satisfying decision for all parties .........................

Which is correct, he couldn't stand working for Bo.

Wrong. He played at KSU while Carl was an assistant there, and he knew who Bo was from that stint. He then went on to catch his first break in college coaching as a grad assistant under Bo Pelini at Oklahoma. He followed Bo to LSU and he knew who and what Bo was back then before he again followed Bo to Nebraska.

He didn't just wake up one morning and realize he didn't like Bo. He got a promotion. People like to project their feelings onto others to detract on coaches or players they don't like. It's transparent.

SMART BOMB!

With Carl on the move, rumors of Cotton moving upstairs and now Brown retiring. Dag! WTH!

I will throw out Randy Shannon for DC. Knows Florida. Defensive minded.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Shannon

Guy knows D. Maybe has some personality issues and didn't really get it done as a HC, but his defenses were pretty good.

Just don't really like all the promote from within, learn as you go mentality. A big splash hire might help recruiting down the stretch. (not saying Shannon is the big splash ie Stoops).

why not Marvin Sanders? Last time I ask.

The rumor that I heard (no link only hear say) was that there was a college age girl that joined him on a recruiting trip. This story could be completely wrong so take it for what its worth, but if something close to this is true we would not want him back.

Your probably right, but I could forgive that to get the 2009/2010 secondary.

why not Marvin Sanders? Last time I ask.

The rumor that I heard (no link only hear say) was that there was a college age girl that joined him on a recruiting trip. This story could be completely wrong so take it for what its worth, but if something close to this is true we would not want him back.

Your probably right, but I could forgive that to get the 2009/2010 secondary.

If you start making exceptions for the coaches where does it end. It is better to just let them go & find someone else. I will agree our secondary did not look as good as it was the year before, but I don't think the fall off came because of Sanders leaving. I think it was more from the loss of players (injuries & graduation), change in scheme & the change of conference. I think even Sanders would have struggled with the DB's this year.

Exciting day yesterday with lots of moving parts. Best part is that reasonable money is there for a bigger names like Stoops or Zook for example. There is a supposed 3rd pretty good guy from non BCS but not sure who it might be. As far as money goes, the rumor is at least $500,000ish pledged still trying to figure out if that's true but a good source said money would be there. Lots of talk about Co-DC/Assistant Head coach or splitting or Co-DC's, Co-Special Teams, etc to give people titles and raises. (Namely JP). MIght also allow for JP to keep RC duties. Biggest deal will be if everyone is agreeable and likes the idea. Its unclear how close or how far away everything is but if nothing else its being discussed between Bo and TO. It might not happen but at least I would feel good that there was an attempt. It shows we're thinking bigger than Nebraska traditionally does. I'm about as excited as I have been since we hired Bo with what all could happen.

• Fire 1