You think T. Boone would fund an investigation of the SEC?

After hearing T. Boone last night I wonder if he might put his money where his mouth is and do some of the leg work for the NCAA. With his connections in Congress I'm guessing he could raise a big stink if he could prove corruption at many levels. I'm not sure the NCAA would like the info they might receive and I'm sure would try to bury it.

After hearing T. Boone last night I wonder if he might put his money where his mouth is and do some of the leg work for the NCAA. With his connections in Congress I'm guessing he could raise a big stink if he could prove corruption at many levels. I'm not sure the NCAA would like the info they might receive and I'm sure would try to bury it.

Put his money where his mouth is? Well, it's a good think he's got a lot of money. Because he's got a pretty big mouth.

The NCAA is drastically underfunded for full fledged investigations and I'm not sure they want to investigate their cash cow. The SEC is pulling the train for college football and especially the Bowl Games which began so southern cities could attract northern teams and their fans when the north was deep in the heart of winter. I don't know what a team of private eyes could find but given enough money....which T Boone has plenty of ....I have no doubt something ugly could be found. Even if it is found what if the NCAA refuses to act on it? The only recourse would be congress and while they might welcome an issue that would be popular with the majority of the nation, they might feel it's too hot an issue to deal with.

I'm curious to hear the reasons why Nick Saban voted Oklahoma State 4th along with the 3 others and the one who voted them 5th.

I thought that was interesting as well. Even Les Miles voted OSU 3rd.

Another item I thought was interesting is a quote from a high profile college coach in 2003 I think. It went something like this " A team that doesn't win its league has no business playing in the national championship game". Those words are from none other than Nick Saban.

Back in 2008, the SEC proposed that they go to a plus one system. The BIG 12 shot it down. Also, Okie State lost to Iowa Freakin State. If Okie Lite wants to blame anyone, they need look no further than themselves!!

The best two teams are playing for the championship...the BCS got it right this year.

Although this post wasn't about the BCS and the decision that was made to invite Alabama, it seems all threads drift that way sooner or later.

Lando....lets say that the night before the BCS game a plane loaded with boosters and coaches wives for Alabama crashes and all aboard are tragically killed. Do you really think the players for Bama would be in a mental state that would allow them to play at a 100% level. Do you think the 2 or 3 hours sleep would be enough to let them function normally? Some probably would but the coaches would be a mess and I'm sure lots of players would loose the emotion needed to play well. Lets reverse the scene and think about OSU and the plane crash that took the lives of 2 coaches, the pilot and his wife. It was the second time in ten years that an OSU plane had crashed killing all occupants. The team and coaches had to board a plane the next day and fly to Iowa. I don't think their mind was 100% on playing a game that day.

I think the fact that Alabama had their chance and lost at home negates them from getting a second chance. While I agree they are very good, I'd rather see a great offensive team play LSU and see how they shake out.

Although this post wasn't about the BCS and the decision that was made to invite Alabama, it seems all threads drift that way sooner or later.

Lando....lets say that the night before the BCS game a plane loaded with boosters and coaches wives for Alabama crashes and all aboard are tragically killed. Do you really think the players for Bama would be in a mental state that would allow them to play at a 100% level. Do you think the 2 or 3 hours sleep would be enough to let them function normally? Some probably would but the coaches would be a mess and I'm sure lots of players would loose the emotion needed to play well. Lets reverse the scene and think about OSU and the plane crash that took the lives of 2 coaches, the pilot and his wife. It was the second time in ten years that an OSU plane had crashed killing all occupants. The team and coaches had to board a plane the next day and fly to Iowa. I don't think their mind was 100% on playing a game that day.

I think the fact that Alabama had their chance and lost at home negates them from getting a second chance. While I agree they are very good, I'd rather see a great offensive team play LSU and see how they shake out.

Not trying to be insensitive to the Okie State tragedy, but you can't just give them a free pass for that which is basically what you want to do. Should Penn State have gotten an automatic W against Nebraska given the tragedy those players were dealing with? Pretty hard to argue that didn't hit them as hard or harder than that plane crash may have hit the OSU players. Does Nebraska not get to count that win? The game was played so the result has to count. Not saying it doesn't suck, tough break, etc.

Not trying to be insensitive to the Okie State tragedy, but you can't just give them a free pass for that which is basically what you want to do. Should Penn State have gotten an automatic W against Nebraska given the tragedy those players were dealing with? Pretty hard to argue that didn't hit them as hard or harder than that plane crash may have hit the OSU players. Does Nebraska not get to count that win? The game was played so the result has to count. Not saying it doesn't suck, tough break, etc.

Apples and Oranges. Last time I checked, Oklahoma State had no responsibility or culpability in that plane going down--Penn State had plenty of responsibility and culpability in how they handled the sexual assault of children on their campus and within their football program.

Apples and Oranges. Last time I checked, Oklahoma State had no responsibility or culpability in that plane going down--Penn State had plenty of responsibility and culpability in how they handled the sexual assault of children on their campus and within their football program.

Oh really? The players did? That was the original argument...that the players were distracted.