Is Mike'l Severe feeling ok? Burkhead vs. Ball

Can't forget Ronnie Hillman either

Nice sig badgerfan :thumbs

Did you click it? I'm pretty sure the site it links to is going to irk a LOT of Husker fans...

Lol actually when I posted that, it was just a real long link. It was about the length of a book :LOLtartar

I just clicked on the link. I didn't know you guys used Go Big Red.

Can't forget Ronnie Hillman either

Nice sig badgerfan :thumbs

Did you click it? I'm pretty sure the site it links to is going to irk a LOT of Husker fans...

Lol actually when I posted that, it was just a real long link. It was about the length of a book :LOLtartar

I just clicked on the link. I didn't know you guys used Big Red.

Haha I messed it up, each single rose was linking back to the website I obtained the image from, stupid me...and yea I didn't know we used it either...at least not officially.

Badgerfan you do realize you're fighting an up hill battle. Us Husker fans are gonna take Rex you Wiscy fans are gonna take Ball simple as that.

Not really much of a fight, I say what I think and why, you guys do the same and it is what it is. I'm not so naive as to think I'm going to convince Husker fans to agree with the rest of the country.

I didn't know that badger fan was the messenger for the rest of the country.

It's an unpaid position.

But like someone said, Ball has more name recognition than Rex so almost by default he's recognized as the better RB...I mean I'm just saying..who was in NYC last night?

It's an unpaid position.

But like someone said, Ball has more name recognition than Rex so almost by default he's recognized as the better RB...I mean I'm just saying..who was in NYC last night?

I was, does that mean I'm as good of an RB as Ball? :sarcasm

It's an unpaid position.

When you're on track to break Sanders' record. Yes

It's an unpaid position.

When you're on track to break Sanders' record. Yes

Well I already broke Sanders' record, in Road to Glory on NCAA '12 :LOLtartar

Ball has a better supporting cast then Burkhead who has one of the worst o-line in college football. Burkhead is better than Ball

The numbers say different...and pound for pound NU's line is almost as big if not as big as UW's, there's no reason Burkhead can't put up Ball type numbers other than the fact that he's just not as good as Ball.

I've done this math already - Wisconsin's offensive line, according to preseason weights on both of those schools respective websites, outweigh Nebraska's offensive line by at least ten pounds. If I'm not mistaken, Nebraska's defensive line players are also quite a bit smaller than many other B1G defensive lines.

Nebraska has one player that brings the average WAY down (Caputo coming in at a recorded 275), but many of those players still fly several pounds lighter than Wisconsin's (20+ pounds in one case). That said, player size is not the most important thing. Our Andrew Rodriguez looks all the part of an offensive linemen, but his consistency and technique was everywhere this last year.

If I had to choose between the two, I'd probably take Ball, just because Burkhead doesn't really have that closing speed to take one the distance. And you don't fight Barry Sander's record just by being average - I don't care how good your offensive line is. That said, if I could give Burkhead better speed and Wisconsin's offensive line - Burkhead in a heartbeat. When you watch Burkhead play, he does every single thing you'd want a great running back to do. Good in pass coverage, almost always falls forward, reads his blocks beautifully, etc., but he is hampered by the fact that he just isn't a fast guy and he's playing behind a poor line.

• Fire 1

Burkhead isn't flashy, so people don't really realize how awesome he is. In fact, if the OL was better we might not realize it either because he wouldn't have to break so many tackles. The announcers were constantly finding out this year what we'd known for two years. I haven't seen many running backs who are able to do some of the things I've seen him do.

Exactly.

Close to half the time he has to break tackles just to get to the LOS.