Is Mike'l Severe feeling ok? Burkhead vs. Ball

Ball has a better supporting cast then Burkhead who has one of the worst o-line in college football. Burkhead is better than Ball

The numbers say different...and pound for pound NU's line is almost as big if not as big as UW's, there's no reason Burkhead can't put up Ball type numbers other than the fact that he's just not as good as Ball.

1) Size does not equal ability

B) Lies, damn lies and statistics

3rd) So you are saying that either would put up better numbers behind this line?

fat_women_in_bikinis-thumb-350x325.jpg

Ball has a better supporting cast then Burkhead who has one of the worst o-line in college football. Burkhead is better than Ball

The numbers say different...and pound for pound NU's line is almost as big if not as big as UW's, there's no reason Burkhead can't put up Ball type numbers other than the fact that he's just not as good as Ball.

1) Size does not equal ability

B) Lies, damn lies and statistics

3rd) So you are saying that either would put up better numbers behind this line?

fat_women_in_bikinis-thumb-350x325.jpg

Yes. I'm willing to bet no defensive players would get within 10 yards of such a line....they'd all be sitting back in the secondary and would run backward the minute the ball was snapped.

That's the dream line right there...

When I look at Ball I am not wowed at all. Would I take him over Burkhead, probably but it would be close. Plug a guy like LP into Ball's position this year behind the same offensive line, the same fluff non-conference schedule and give him an extra game to play in(championship game) and he's probably got over 2000 yds and an equal number of TDs at least. I'm not wowed by any running backs this year. Honestly I'd have a hard time deciding between Ball, Richardson, Burkead or a number of other backs. I'd probably go with Richardson just because he's a physical speciman and could win you a lot of games in the Big 10.

Saying White is better than Burkhead is just silly. The Heisman results tonight will reflect the fact that Ball's season isn't as great as you think it is. I'd be shocked if he doesn't finish 5th in the voting.

When I look at Ball I am not wowed at all. Would I take him over Burkhead, probably but it would be close. Plug a guy like LP into Ball's position this year behind the same offensive line, the same fluff non-conference schedule and give him an extra game to play in(championship game) and he's probably got over 2000 yds and an equal number of TDs at least. I'm not wowed by any running backs this year. Honestly I'd have a hard time deciding between Ball, Richardson, Burkead or a number of other backs. I'd probably go with Richardson just because he's a physical speciman and could win you a lot of games in the Big 10.

Saying White is better than Burkhead is just silly. The Heisman results tonight will reflect the fact that Ball's season isn't as great as you think it is. I'd be shocked if he doesn't finish 5th in the voting.

1. Fluff non schedule? As far as defenses go NU and UW faced teams of pretty much the same caliber.

2. It's far from silly. Ball is better than Burkhead in every statistic worth measuring.

1. Fluff non schedule? As far as defenses go NU and UW faced teams of pretty much the same caliber.

2. It's far from silly. Ball is better than Burkhead in every statistic worth measuring.

I said White. You said "Hell I'd take White over Rex." I still think that's silly.

I said White. You said "Hell I'd take White over Rex." I still think that's silly.

Oh my bad but yes that is my opinion just from seeing his Freshman year. (+1000 yards and 14TD's as second stringer)

One more thing, I know Ball at best will finish fourth in the Heisman voting, I'm not completely delusional. He shouldn't win the Heisman given RG3's year but whenever somebody comes within a touchdown of Sanders' record he should at least win the Walker.

You keep bringing up the stats thinking it was all Ball. That is simply not the case, your line also has to take some credit. If Rex had Wisky's o-line, his stats would be a lot better than they were. Rex's stats still wouldn't be as good as Ball because Ball is still the better player, but just not as much as the stats indicate. You can't use just stats to determine the better player, especially, for RB's, because a lot of factors go into how good their stats are that are out of the RBs control.

You keep bringing up the stats thinking it was all Ball. That is simply not the case, your line also has to take some credit. If Rex had Wisky's o-line, his stats would be a lot better than they were. Rex's stats still wouldn't be as good as Ball because Ball is still the better player, but just not as much as the stats indicate. You can't use just stats to determine the better player, especially, for RB's, because a lot of factors go into how good their stats are that are out of the RBs control.

1. I've never said that the O-Line wasn't a factor or said it was "all Ball" because I don't think that.

2. All you guys seem to want to do is credit the O-Line as if Stephen Hawking could rack up 30 plus behind them...thats crap. Throw out some other categories and lets compare but at least make them something measurable. Don't sit back and tell me to watch the what...20 or so games Rex has played in because I can say the same thing...provide some evidence and lets go...

I can use stats because that is what primarily is used to compare RB's...there are some other things sure but in the ones that count Ball is "head and shoulders" better.

1. I've never said that the O-Line wasn't a factor or said it was "all Ball" because I don't think that.

2. All you guys seem to want to do is credit the O-Line as if Stephen Hawking could rack up 30 plus behind them...thats crap. Throw out some other categories and lets compare but at least make them something measurable. Don't sit back and tell me to watch the what...20 or so games Rex has played in because I can say the same thing...provide some evidence and lets go...

I can use stats because that is what primarily is used to compare RB's...there are some other things sure but in the ones that count Ball is "head and shoulders" better.

What I am trying to stay is that Rex would have better stats with Wisky's o-line because your o-line is better, so the comparing of stats could be misleading, not because Rex would have the same stats as Ball, but they would be alot closer. That's all I was trying to say, not that Ball sucks because he is better than Rex, I just think it's closer than what the stats suggest.

That point has been made several times and I have conceded as much but I doubt Rex would even break 20 TD's or have nearly as many yards if he played for UW. To give you an idea Montee Ball has ten more TD's than Hill and Clay did in their final years COMBINED...and both Hill and Clay played with 1st round NFL Draft pick O-Linemen.

Bottom line. Ball is a rare breed and the best RB to play at UW since Dayne. He is "Head and Shoulders" above Burkhead and knees and toes above Richardson.

Wow. You guys are still arguing about this.

Badger is, understandably loyal to Montee Ball. Husker fans are, understandably, loyal to Rex Burkhead.

I could easily see this conversation lasting another month. Loyalty is a strong motivator.

The unstoppable force meets the immovable object!