Jones - 315

Wagner - 320

Zeitler - 315

Frederick - 330

Groy - 320

Oglesby - 330

NEB - 308

WIS - 323

Wisky's line is 15lbs bigger than NU's on average.

Well I guess I'm 0-2 tonight on my facts...I've been lazy and haven't been checking like I should. At any rate that's a big line and Rex should be able to work behind it and in front of it.

Anyhow I don't understand the outrage at someone claiming Ball is better than Burkhead. It's not as if its a baseless claim or anything.

Rankings

Yards per game... Rex #23 Ball #2

Touchdowns... Rex #T-13 (w/4 others) Ball #1

Yards.... Rex #17 Ball #1

Yards per carry Rex #>10 Ball #2

Ball has had one of the best years in CFB history. It's expectable that people are going to hype him.

Mike'l Severe on Unsportsmanlike Conduct just said that he thought that Montee Ball was WAAAAYYY better then Burkhead (This was after Sipple suggested he wasn't). Montee Ball had that 30+ TDs, but a lot of those were from the goal-line. Like McKweon tweeted a week or so ago. Ball did nothing (Goal-line TDs), that 20 other backs in the country couldn't do. You give me a choice between Ball, and Burkhead. Give me Burkhead everytime.

Its his job to rile people up and be a contrarian. Just like its knapplc's job to administrate this forum and wash my car every other tuesday.

Don't have time to wash your car. I'm off riding the waves in your motorboat. ;)

You motor boating sun of a gun. You ole sailor you.

Ball has a better supporting cast then Burkhead who has one of the worst o-line in college football. Burkhead is better than Ball

The numbers say different...and pound for pound NU's line is almost as big if not as big as UW's, there's no reason Burkhead can't put up Ball type numbers other than the fact that he's just not as good as Ball.

Size doesn't always win the battle in the trenches. Technique goes a long ways and Wisconsin's O-Line is second to none.

Hardrick - 320

Rodriguez - 325

Caputo - 275

Long - 305

Jones - 315

Wagner - 320

Zeitler - 315

Frederick - 330

Groy - 320

Oglesby - 330

NEB - 308

WIS - 323

Well I guess I'm 0-2 tonight on my facts...I've been lazy and haven't been checking like I should. At any rate that's a big line and Rex should be able to work behind it and in front of it.

Anyhow I don't understand the outrage at someone claiming Ball is better than Burkhead. It's not as if its a baseless claim or anything.

Rankings

Ball has had one of the best years in CFB history. It's expectable that people are going to hype him.

The debate is not if Burkhead is better than Ball. It is if Ball was head and shoulders better than Burkhead like this Severe guy claims, which is not the case.

They are both great backs. I'd love to have either, but Ball is not that much better than Rex. I agree with the O-lines and how much better UW is than ours. Rex would be a Heisman canidate if we had UW line. Hell, he might be a Heisman canidate next year with out current O-line. That is how good he is.

Badgerfan, nobody is claiming Ball sucks, because he doesn't. He is an EXCELLENT rb, but of course Husker fans are going to be biased when it comes to Rex. He is our best player and we all love him as our rb. If we didn't have Rex, I'd take Ball in a heartbeat. :)

Hardrick - 320

Rodriguez - 325

Caputo - 275

Long - 305

Jones - 315

Wagner - 320

Zeitler - 315

Frederick - 330

Groy - 320

Oglesby - 330

NEB - 308

WIS - 323

Rankings

The debate is not if Burkhead is better than Ball. It is if Ball was head and shoulders better than Burkhead like this Severe guy claims, which is not the case.

They are both great backs. I'd love to have either, but Ball is not that much better than Rex. I agree with the O-lines and how much better UW is than ours. Rex would be a Heisman canidate if we had UW line. Hell, he might be a Heisman canidate next year with out current O-line. That is how good he is.

Badgerfan, nobody is claiming Ball sucks, because he doesn't. He is an EXCELLENT rb, but of course Husker fans are going to be biased when it comes to Rex. He is our best player and we all love him as our rb. If we didn't have Rex, I'd take Ball in a heartbeat. :)

I get it but I don't think its crazy to even say "head and shoulders". You might disagree but I happen to think that Ball is significantly better than Rex as well. Hell I'd take White over Rex.

Ball has 500 or so more yards and 17 more rushing touchdowns. He's scored more than twice as many times as Rex. That's "head and shoulders" if I've ever seen it.

It's convenient to blame our offensive line but at some point you have to stop diming him out and give credit where credit is do. I mean the kid can also receive and he breaks far longer runs than Rex does...there's something in that.

Oh well I guess its a good thing that you guys aren't happy to hear such a comparison because it just serves to show how awesome Ball is. I wonder if the fans of the 10-20 or so RB's that stand between Rex and Ball statistically are also worked up. I'd love it.

Hardrick - 320

Rodriguez - 325

Caputo - 275

Long - 305

Jones - 315

Wagner - 320

Zeitler - 315

Frederick - 330

Groy - 320

Oglesby - 330

NEB - 308

WIS - 323

Rankings

I get it but I don't think its crazy to even say "head and shoulders". You might disagree but I happen to think that Ball is significantly better than Rex as well. Hell I'd take White over Rex.

Ball has 500 or so more yards and 17 more rushing touchdowns. He's scored more than twice as many times as Rex. That's "head and shoulders" if I've ever seen it.

It's convenient to blame our offensive line but at some point you have to stop diming him out and give credit where credit is do. I mean the kid can also receive and he breaks far longer runs than Rex does...there's something in that.

Oh well I guess its a good thing that you guys aren't happy to hear such a comparison because it just serves to show how awesome Ball is. I wonder if the fans of the 10-20 or so RB's that stand between Rex and Ball statistically are also worked up. I'd love it.

Head and shoulders!?! Is he better? YES, but not head and shoulders. Wisconsin is like Iowa, they will get good backs and plug them into their system along with ridiculously good O-lines. Look at the draft Wisconsin and Iowa always have guys from their O-line. Each schools always have guys with GREAT numbers, but Ball got ALL the goal line carries. Again, TDs are OVERRATED

Burkhead is a good back. His highlight reel is impressive and he certainly is no slouch when it comes to the "intangibles".

I'll admit Ball's highlights aren't nearly as fun to watch...they seem to follow a pretty predictable pattern....

1. Run for 20

2. Short reception

3. Another run for 15-20.

4. Short 4-5 yard run for a TD.

He doesn't preform many amazing jukes or hurdles but because of the O-line he hasn't really had to.