Predictions for the Near Future . . .

My thoughts and predictions (these are based on 100% speculation):

1. We'll beat South Carolina. Sorry, but SC has never struck fear in the heart of anybody.

2. Barney gone after signing day

3. I don't want JP to become DC. He'll just use it as a springboard to be a head coach in a few years. Get an older guy who will stick around.

4. No-way, no-how will Gill be brought on staff. Beck would hate it.

5. What happens if all of these great recruits we're shooting for don't pan out? Do we have backups? Hard to have backups when we have so few offers to begin with. Would hate to see us with a class of 10 recruits.

6. Mike Stoops won't be DC - - he hasn't heard from Bo yet. Seeing that they are great friends, it speaks volumes to the fact that he hasn't been called.

7. Glad to see the senior lineman go, not due to lack of heart, but due to the fact that we need young blood. It was easy for Barney to plug in mediocre lineman who were safe, rather than taking a risk on aggressive young guys. This option is no longer available, and we'll benefit from it.

8. I really like Cory Raymond. He was the best new hire.

9. I like the idea of Garrison being the O-Line coach.

10. I really wish would could petition the NCAA and find another year for Choi. I'm sure there were years where he played 3 snaps. Hard to imagine the NCAA not giving him an extra year (Yes, the NCAA is jerky but they do grant extra years at times). it would be great to have this beast for 2 more years.

Really?? I don't dislike the guy, but I didn't see any reason (dback play) to "like" him either....

Bo has talked to Stoops. The guy has several places he can go in different capacities. My guess would be that he ends up in Oklahoma ot ar ATM.

I doubt Els goes with Carl. DC was the most likely stop and as I stated a few days ago that is Sanders. One of Carls biggest reservations was if they would clear it for Marvin to join him and they worked that out on the Saturday before he took the job. Carl may take Ganz and Watson with him and a chance Marrow depending on how it shakes out. Bo has recommend Ganz for several jobs and is working hard to find him a full time assistant gig.

da skers-Have you heard that Bo wanted to leave too??

That would be news to Bo and about everyone in his family including Carl who just stated Bo is extremely happy here and committed to Nebraska. Why do you think he was pissed when they stated he called for an interview at OSU.

And Ross Watson is the guy possibly going with Carl. Not Shawn Watson. Carl is free to hire any of our GAs. Sounds like as of this afternoon Ganz is on the fence if he would leave if he gets an offer.

You need to stop reading Huskermax and the free RIvals board. That or get info from people who actually talk to TO and people in the department.

Time to throw out some stuff take it or leave it.....

There was still talks of Bo leaving and now that jobs everywhere seem to be filling up don't look for Bo to be going unless something happens after the bowl season is over, one of the reasons a DC move hasn't been made is because of the question of who will actually be here after the bowl game.

From what I'm hearing it seems more likely that Barney going upstairs to the AD may not be happening, though some believe it still may, but until all the coaches get back from recruiting it's too early to say.

Turns out Carl may have been in contact with FAU as early as October.

People are hearing that TO does not want Bo to hire JP as the new DC, though that can't be 100% confirmed at this point. Bo making the decision to bring on JP may leave the door more open for him leaving more easily rather than bringing in someone like Stoops or Zook, sounds like that's the kind of hire TO would want at this point. Who is brought in could shed some light on the future status of who will be here long-term.

You need to stop reading Huskermax and the free RIvals board. That or get info from people who actually talk to TO and people in the department.

There was still talks of Bo leaving and now that jobs everywhere seem to be filling up don't look for Bo to be going unless something happens after the bowl season is over, one of the reasons a DC move hasn't been made is because of the question of who will actually be here after the bowl game.

From what I'm hearing it seems more likely that Barney going upstairs to the AD may not be happening, though some believe it still may, but until all the coaches get back from recruiting it's too early to say.

People are hearing that TO does not want Bo to hire JP as the new DC, though that can't be 100% confirmed at this point. Bo making the decision to bring on JP may leave the door more open for him leaving more easily rather than bringing in someone like Stoops or Zook, sounds like that's the kind of hire TO would want at this point. Who is brought in could shed some light on the future status of who will be here long-term.

awww.gif

da have you heard anything concerning Stoops. Is this all rumor or is there any truth.
As far as I know....they've talked but that's it. I was told it's not happening or would be highly unlikely at this point. They kind of kicked it around and both agreed they needed to check things out. I don't think it's dead but close. I hope the guy is wrong. Sounds like some people think a contract has been offered. I don't think that's true. I know money was discussed and that isn't an issue but I stated that was squared away early last week. When Bo was planning on talking to both Stoops and Zook.

Thanks for the update. Is Larry Johnson still an option to come in.
I would assume so but that may have changed as he talked to Dline guys. I know it was at least someone he wanted to speak with in the beginning. Rumor was he's talked to or will talk with 5 or 6 guys but who knows. Bo doesn't talk about it so that info comes from other people who are familiar with the search.

Nothing I said will you find at either of those places.

Sorry about just posting this but have been busy. Surprised nobody else posted it.

I was in church this morning(lincoln church)and guess who I see but Bo Pelini. Not too big of a surprise I know, but who was with him and his family? Mike Stoops!!! Now maybe he was just in town for a visit but makes you wonder!!!

BTW, this is a rumor completely made up in my own mind. Sorry guys. I should probably try to get some sleep.