Stats Check: 2010 Taylor vs 2011 Taylor

Nexus

You should add the sacks, imo. IIRC, he got sacked like 15 more times last year than this year. But that also makes his rushing last year more impressive.

Nebraska gave up 29 sacks last year but more specifically they gave up 12 sacks in their last 2 games (7 vs Oklahoma & 5 vs Washington). So far they've allowed 15 sacks this season.

What about stats on 1st downs and 3rd down conversions? I thought Taylor made a noticeable improvement this year on moving the chains by making good decision in the passing game - whether to hit a check-down or scrambling.

3rd Down Conversions = 79/192 (41%)

4th Down Conversions = 9/14 (64%)

1st Downs = 254 (149 Rushing, 95 Passing, 10 Penalty)

3rd Down Conversion = 79/181 (44%)

4th Down Conversion = 8/15 (53%)

1st Downs = 248 (135 Rushing, 93 Passing, 20 Penalty)

I thought T-Mart had a LOT better year this year than last. He was more of a team leader. And the stats seem to compare favorably. If you look at them closely. His running stats are down a bit. But nearly all of T-Mart's 2010 running stats came in the first few warm-up games. Great highlights, but not very meaningful numbers. Also, turnovers are down a bit this year. Same number of interceptions (7) on about 40% more passes. And last year we had 45 fumbles (whole team) versus 31 fumbles this year.

Thanks Nexus. Hmmm.. identical stats essentially. Now I don't know what to think. :hmmph

That's how I'm seeing it. Especially when you factor in that he was hurt and essentially standing in the pocket and handing the ball off for a couple games last year.

Of course, I'll be the first to admit that I am not a big T-Mart fan so I'm probably being a little blinded by that.

Stats dont matter. If youve watched considerable minutes this year and cant honestly say that Taylor has grown into his role and improved, then you just dont know what youre watching.

Agree, although stats do give us a season long snapshot that is sometimes obfuscated by memories of a particularly good or bad play or a particularly good or bad game.

I am surprised his completion percentage is down..........although to be fair, his receivers had some significant drops..........

He has improved a lot this year, but doesn't play well in big games.

Wisc was the only really bad game he had this year. The rest of the time he was somewhere between OK and good. Northwestern he played well, the defense gave the game away, and Mich was a total team failure.

Ohio State was the only game I was impressed, and I was very impressed. Other games he did play from OK to good besides Wisscy and Mich, but those were two big games. I'd like us to let him throw more on the run and not be under center as much. Abdullah, Turner, Rex, Bell, Enunwa are all guys that need the ball and only Rex received those touches.