Caputo - playing in the Cap-One Bowl?

knapplc

Wow, it's a little early in the month for the police to be mad-dashing to meet their quota. There must be some sort of Christmas bonus in play.

Well, DUIs are serious business, and

Beggs said an officer found Caputo sleeping in the driver's seat of a running vehicle.

I've woken up to that rap tap tap on the window with my car running to stay warm. Thankfully the cop just gave me the ride 5 blocks home from work to my house.

Wow, it's a little early in the month for the police to be mad-dashing to meet their quota. There must be some sort of Christmas bonus in play.

Or maybe they're just acting alittle early to put the bug into people's ears that they want more kids to spend Christmas with their families this year. I can't imagine why the police would care about saving lives, can you ?

• Fire 2

WTF? He was a walk-on. Why couldn't he walk?

I don't know Bo's policy on this, but a friend of mine left his vehicle in the bar parking lot when he was a student. He got cited for public intoxication while walking down the sidewalk from the bar to his apartment. I'm sure he might have been weaving a bit while walking down the sidewalk, but he got public intoxication and thrown into the drunk tank just the same. Would public intoxication violation have kept Caputo out of the bowl game?

I don't know Bo's policy on this, but a friend of mine left his vehicle in the bar parking lot when he was a student. He got cited for public intoxication while walking down the sidewalk from the bar to his apartment. I'm sure he might have been weaving a bit while walking down the sidewalk, but he got public intoxication and thrown into the drunk tank just the same. Would public intoxication violation have kept Caputo out of the bowl game?

I doubt it. DWI is far more serious.

Don't know if it would or not but it should. I realize they are college students, and that type of thing can/does happen but, if you participate in a major sport such as football at Nebraska, you need to have better common sense and self control than this. I won't attempt to crucify Caputo for this (same thing happened to me within my first 3 months on the UNL campus, a long time ago, before they really stepped up the punishment for it) but drunk driving is serious and he definitely shouldn't have put himself in this position especially during the football season. Hell, my HS age kid won't even drink soda pop during sports season because it is bad for his training. You would think a college football player at Nebraska should set and maintain higher priorities for themselves. If I'm Bo, he's done.

• Fire 1