Is it me or...

Yes, 2001 Miami would beat 1971 Nebraska. Just like the US Air Force would crush the Roman Empire. The discussion is what's idiotic.

I so want to see this matchup.

I wonder what the spread would be....309128409182098?

Don't you have something better to do...like running our defense? What the hell are you doing posting on message boards? I swear...if we just pissed all that beer and all those Runzas and Fairbury hotdogs away...

Yes, 2001 Miami would beat 1971 Nebraska. Just like the US Air Force would crush the Roman Empire. The discussion is what's idiotic.

Don't you have something better to do...like running our defense? What the hell are you doing posting on message boards? I swear...if we just pissed all that beer and all those Runzas and Fairbury hotdogs away...

:confucius

Is it me or is the whole board just a little more uptight and defensive.

No appreciation from a great Q joke thrown at Badgerfan, c'mon he had to Google the place, that is funny

Yep, that was uncalled for...somebody should've caught on sooner and made it clear what kind of place it was so I didn't have to google it. Now my phone wants to give me directions to it and other similar clubs, thanks Paul... eyeswear2allthatsholy

Is it me or is the whole board just a little more uptight and defensive.

No appreciation from a great Q joke thrown at Badgerfan, c'mon he had to Google the place, that is funny

Yep, that was uncalled for...somebody should've caught on sooner and made it clear what kind of place it was so I didn't have to google it. Now my phone wants to give me directions to it and other similar clubs, thanks Paul... eyeswear2allthatsholy

Hey, no prob. Think of it this way. If yo happen to venture up to Lincoln for a game you now know where the "hot spot" of the town is.

:confucius

Really?? You don't know you were hired as our new DC? Here's a link. See Current Coaching Staff...

http://en.wikipedia....uskers_football

There's a whole thread about it...

http://www.huskerboard.com/index.php?/topic/56756-dc-candidates/page__st__332

I'd like to see a clip of Herbstreit or one of the other espn a$$hole$ arguing that a team shouldn't play in the NC unless they win their conference. For those of you that know how to find those old clips, I'm sure it happened around 2000-2001.

A little easier to make that argument back in 2001 when the team you are referencing was beaten by 32 points...not the same as losing in overtime to the #1 ranked team.

I'd like to see a clip of Herbstreit or one of the other espn a$$hole$ arguing that a team shouldn't play in the NC unless they win their conference. For those of you that know how to find those old clips, I'm sure it happened around 2000-2001.

A little easier to make that argument back in 2001 when the team you are referencing was beaten by 32 points...not the same as losing in overtime to the #1 ranked team.

The point was to point out the inconsistency of ESPN's commentary on other conferences outside the SEC. You missed it, but that's ok.

.....1971 Nebraska would have demolished just about every team to ever take the field before WWII, including the Four Horsemen teams, the great Ivy League teams, and all those "national champions" fielded by Minnesota and Michigan in the first half of the last century. Not that those aren't great teams - it's just that with better nutrition, better training, better overall everything, 1971 Nebraska had all the advantages. Humans - especially football players - are just bigger these days.

aS GOOD AS OUR '71 team was, I don't think they could've beaten OU or maybe even Colorado again that year if we had a conference championship rematch or met either of them in a playoff.

NO NO NOOOOOOOO!! You obviously do not live in Alabama...I don't think I can put up with "14" and all the "fans" that come with it...Bama fans are very similar to Notre Dame fans believing they are the very tip top of the college football universe, nevermind the way they "won" some of those 13 previous NC's...For me, as a resident of Alabama, it's:

Geaux Tigers ALL THE WAY!!!

If Bama wins, my wife and I will not be able to be around her family for quite some time!! (slight exaggeration..SLIGHT)

C'mon man!

Take one for the team.

You can always move and staying away from inlaws is almost never a bad thing.