Is it me or...

huskers71.jpg

One frequently made comment at the time about the "71" Huskers, was that they could be competitive and possibily beat a "71" NFL team.........If those comments were made about the "01" Hurricanes, I never heard them....

Michael Irvin has gone on and on about it just that. I personally think he and anyone else who thinks a college team could beat a pro team is CRAZY, but that's beside the point. Irvin will tell you that since he's played at the highest of both levels, he's right. Says it doesn't come down to talent, it comes down to knowing how to win.

why would teh national championship game be a good indicator? its sec vs. sec. actually id say us vs. SC will be a better litmus test to this idea that SEC teams are on par with the NFL (an exaggeration of the way everyone acts, I know).

SC is +/- the 5th best team in the SEC and the other game has the top 2...therefor, more talent.

I would actual have to say that KSU vs Ark will be the best indicator. KSU does not have very much talent, but plays solid as a team. I really think that KSU is not very good, but if they make it a game at the Cotton Bowl vs Arkansas, you would have to believe that the SEC is over hyped.

I really don't feel like you can call this years Champion a National Champion. After the way Okie Lite handled Oklahoma they sould have been put into the title game.

Oklahoma State has no one to blame but themselves. They may have "handled Oklahoma" but they also lost to 6 loss Iowa State. They didn't deserve to be in the title game.

This. I mean seriously. To say KSU isn't very good, then to go on how great Okie State is? KSU nearly beat Okie State. There's two teams clearly on a different playing field than the rest.

Show me a victory that Alabama had this year that puts them at a level that no other conference team can play with them. LSU has their marquee win over Oregon. Alabama is living on a close loss to LSU at home. Like I said I don't think KSU is very good, but they play very good as a team.

huskers71.jpg

One frequently made comment at the time about the "71" Huskers, was that they could be competitive and possibily beat a "71" NFL team.........If those comments were made about the "01" Hurricanes, I never heard them....

The most loose talk I ever heard from the sporting press about a college team so dominant they might give the crappiest NFL team a good run was the '83 Huskers.

All the talk about the '71 and '95 Huskers, but even with that one tragic loss, the '83 squad may have been the best of them all.