Apparently Penn State talked to Bo about HC gig

Nexus

Penn State spokesman Jeff Nelson tweets that Penn State AD Joyner was not in Texas last week as reported. No Texas, no interview of Bo.

LINK

Now that is curious. There's this ongoing joke amongst the local hacks about "journalists" (of all ilks) who don't know Bo making stuff up about him, with some stating things are being made up and some laughing at that idea. I'm not under any illusions that members of the press would be above making up "sources" to write about "contacts" of coaches to drive eyeballs to their story. Happens all the time.

The disconcerting thing, to me, is that Bo's name keeps cropping up. Maybe it's just par for the course for a successful coach. Maybe he did have all these contacts. We'll never know.

Penn State spokesman Jeff Nelson tweets that Penn State AD Joyner was not in Texas last week as reported. No Texas, no interview of Bo.

LINK

Now that is curious. There's this ongoing joke amongst the local hacks about "journalists" (of all ilks) who don't know Bo making stuff up about him, with some stating things are being made up and some laughing at that idea. I'm not under any illusions that members of the press would be above making up "sources" to write about "contacts" of coaches to drive eyeballs to their story. Happens all the time.

The disconcerting thing, to me, is that Bo's name keeps cropping up. Maybe it's just par for the course for a successful coach. Maybe he did have all these contacts. We'll never know.

I know where the OSU rumors came from and that was from contact in the Spring when Bo got his raise. That was easily put into this falls activities. PSU I'm clueless. I have one guy who swears there was a phone call by a non university official and someone not in the search but well thought of enough to add Bo to the interview list. He wanted to see if they wanted to interview him if he'd be interested. Bo said no. He's happy at NU and that was it. I have another guy who's 100% certain there has been zero contact. Since he has the connections at UNL, the Big 10 offices (and by proxy access to other Big 10 blow-hards) and the NCAA sanctions committee, I'm probably incline to believe what he says even though both are usually in the know. Its one of the few times they've disagreed. There is also rumor as to who might be putting out false information about Bo that obviously can't be validated.

LINK

I know where the OSU rumors came from and that was from contact in the Spring when Bo got his raise. That was easily put into this falls activities. PSU I'm clueless. I have one guy who swears there was a phone call by a non university official and someone not in the search but well thought of enough to add Bo to the interview list. He wanted to see if they wanted to interview him if he'd be interested. Bo said no. He's happy at NU and that was it. I have another guy who's 100% certain there has been zero contact. Since he has the connections at UNL, the Big 10 offices (and by proxy access to other Big 10 blow-hards) and the NCAA sanctions committee, I'm probably incline to believe what he says even though both are usually in the know. Its one of the few times they've disagreed. There is also rumor as to who might be putting out false information about Bo that obviously can't be validated.

881831.jpg

• Fire 6

LINK

881831.jpg

Hahahaha. Nope. +1

I believed there was some unwritten rule among B1G members that you don't go poaching other schools' coaches. Assuming that to be the case...Bo is the one that initiated this. Which also might be why TO hasn't heard anything about it...Penn State isn't the one contacting Bo, it's the other way around...?...

That's a lot of assumptions your throwing out there. I mean there's speculating and then there's throwing the proverbial s#!& at the wall...

• Fire 1

I believed there was some unwritten rule among B1G members that you don't go poaching other schools' coaches. Assuming that to be the case...Bo is the one that initiated this. Which also might be why TO hasn't heard anything about it...Penn State isn't the one contacting Bo, it's the other way around...?...

That's a lot of assumptions your throwing out there. I mean there's speculating and then there's throwing the proverbial s#!& at the wall...

Which is why I used the word "assuming". It's a lot of assumptions. Does that rule exist and is it followed? If so, in theory Penn State wouldn't be the one making contact wouldn't you agree?

I think the truth is...we're up a sh#t creek if Bo leaves.

agreed. you would think people would have learned last time we fired a winning coach. but no, lets fire bo and then resort to our 5th option for head coach because no one in their right mind would want a job where you get fired for winning 9+ games. freakin idiots.

Who's wanting to fire Bo? This is about Bo's name being linked to other coaching searches.

And I think this is the 3rd time it has happened in a year. Sorry Bo. I'm not believing this "I didn't interview" crap anymore...... Too much smoke from different areas.

there are more people calling for bos head than you think, even a few boosters. the point of my post was that if he is looking around, it likely has a lot to do with those very people calling for his head.

Im in the calling for Bos head, nothing personal, its just obvious he's in over his head and has had the leisure of looking competent with other peoples recruits. Its true he can always get 1-2 players pumped up here and there but our defense this year shows just how easy it is to destroy a Pelini defense. Look at his coaching hires from Barney Cotton to golf pros. While his record looks good on paper, his schedule has been a joke since he's been here and has lost games to crap like Texas, Washington, A&M last year, Northwestern this year and got blown out of the water by teams like Whisky and Michigan? The way he treats Fans, Media, officials is beyond ludicrous for the amount of cash handed to him. You are correct in saying big boosters are getting tired of his crap, your also correct in not believing a word he says just like the whole " Dillard " episode. After over a decade of mediocrity, it will continue as long as Bo is here with his craptastic staff and easy schedules where he gets pummeled by mediocre teams