Rich Fisher - new Recruiting Coordinator?

knapplc

If he turned around a private high school that was that bad for so long, he can recruit, High schools do a lot of recruiting too, they just have to do it on the down low as its a technical no-no, but everyone does it.

I could be way off base here, but I think I recall hearing that in the particular High School sports conference he was in, they could recruit. I do know for certain that his players were at that school for their brains, not their athletic skill (for the most part) and he got them to turn around their losing trend without a tremendous skill advantage.

He was quoted as saying that he had really bright kids, so he just threw a really complicated offense at them and expected them to learn it. They did, and he had good results.

Now we just have to hope his abilities translate to this level and he can replicate that success.

If he turned around a private high school that was that bad for so long, he can recruit, High schools do a lot of recruiting too, they just have to do it on the down low as its a technical no-no, but everyone does it.

I could be way off base here, but I think I recall hearing that in the particular High School sports conference he was in, they could recruit. I do know for certain that his players were at that school for their brains, not their athletic skill (for the most part) and he got them to turn around their losing trend without a tremendous skill advantage.

He was quoted as saying that he had really bright kids, so he just threw a really complicated offense at them and expected them to learn it. They did, and he had good results.

Now we just have to hope his abilities translate to this level and he can replicate that success.

Of course he won't be selecting the players by himself :D

fisher is detail oriented and very meticulous. he will insure that we see film and review players that fit the mold we are looking for. organization on whom we should be cognizant of is key in the recruiting trail long before you ever approach the athlete. identifying talent a few months before other teams do can give us a leg up when blowing in their ear!

Sometimes I think Bo Pelini is like Vince Vaughn on Dodge Ball. He makes his best decisions over a beer at a bar. Then Ben Stiller shows up out early from Nazi camp (Bo speculates that it was because he skipped arts and crafts) and pushes a waitress on him. I also like to think that Bo is a huge fan of Old Chicago.

I read in the OWH this morning that Fisher said the information wasn't true. He had people texting him and he wrote them back saying, 'I don't know what you're talking about.' Fisher said he had not talked to Bo nor had Bo talked with him. So there isn't a new RC yet. (Source: OWH-Pg 4C under 'Nebraska Notes-"Fisher: Reports Premature")