Satan (aka Texass) wins

huKSer

I hate the longhorns too but ever since we moved to the Big Ten i haven't given a f*** about the Big 12 or any of it's remaining hostages. It's not that we switched conferences, it's more of i see it as a lesser conference teetering on its existence. regressing. I do know one thing that if they still had a conference championship game and if Oklahoma St won that game too there would be no doubt they would be playing LSU. I knew it would bite them if they kept below 12 teams.

How can UT pull in so many top recruits--best in the whole nation--and still be mediocre? I have two theories. Either their recruits are overrated. Or their coaches are clueless.
Me thinks Mac Brown maybe a bit like Dan Hawkins, he looks really good because of the people he surrounded himself with and when they're gone look out!

How can UT pull in so many top recruits--best in the whole nation--and still be mediocre? I have two theories. Either their recruits are overrated. Or their coaches are clueless.

alot of it has to do with their lack of being able to get a QB. Their QB play is awful. Maybe the worst in the big12 and that is saying something with ku. They have some talented RB's but all have been hurt, their WR core is thin but they have some talent. They just have nobody to get them the ball. There is no threat of the pass most times so people just sit on the run. Their D is very talented, but thier offense is just bad.

post colt mccoy they are 13-12 and 6-11 in confernce play

alot of it has to do with their lack of being able to get a QB. Their QB play is awful. Maybe the worst in the big12 and that is saying something with ku. They have some talented RB's but all have been hurt, their WR core is thin but they have some talent. They just have nobody to get them the ball. There is no threat of the pass most times so people just sit on the run. Their D is very talented, but thier offense is just bad.

They must have wiffed on a lot of QB recruits the past couple or three years. There had to be at least a dozen or more top QBs come out of Tejas during that time.

They must have wiffed on a lot of QB recruits the past couple or three years. There had to be at least a dozen or more top QBs come out of Tejas during that time.

part of that problem is they get commits so early that they are basically full at the end of these kids JR seasons. #2 they often only take 1 qb if any at all in their class. #3 when they miss getting a kid or a kid leaves the program you have issues.

I dislike TX, and I am happy they have been pretty bad the past two years. I am glad they recruit like that. Just a few Mizzou kids off the top of my head from TX that didnt get TX love are; Chase Daniel, Denario Alexander, Ziggy Hood, Sean Weatherspoon, Micheal Egnew, Henry Josey, Kevin Rutland, Dom Hamilton & James Franklin. And as you said NUance they have whiffed alot on QB's. Last 3 years;

TX QB commits from TX:

2008- none

2009 - Gilbert

2010 - McCoy & Wood (transferred)

2011 - Ash

Notible TX HS QB's that went elsewhere (and in nearly every case didnt receive a TX offer):

2008- Luck (Stanford), Griffin(BAY), Thomas (Oregon) & Doege (TT)

2009 - Shepard (LSU) & Pachall (TCU)

2010 - Franklin (MU) & Barnett (ISU)(started in the win over OSU)

2011 - still early to see on these

Fro--just to add, one of the things that Texas fails to do (by choice and through neglect) is to follow-up on their recruits and take offers off the table.

Like Fro said, Texas has so many kids, they pick them while they're still juniors in high school. Problem is, if they have an injury their senior year, have a dismal senior year, or a better athlete or player comes along in a position they've already offered (like Rex), they don't go back and revisit (or rescind) their offer. If anything, their policy (until last year's housecleaning) was to offer early, and honor the offer in spite of what they may see after-the-fact.

IIRC, one of the changes made with their 2009 s**t shuffle in Austin was that they pledged to reevaluate players during their senior year and that offers weren't going to be 'firm' until their senior year is over. So far, there has been little evidence to suggest that they're going with this, and instead have gone back to their old habits of recruiting.

The question regarding this, though, is whether it is laziness on behalf of the Vermin and their coaching staff, or is it a case of the Vermin trying to do something with honor or integrity for once in their miserable, God-forsaken lives?