Taylor Martinez- ESPN Sports Science

Warrior10

taylor martinez makes a 70 degree cut faster then an arrow leaves a bow. thats pretty impressive

ha, then runs straight into a light pole that is standing before him! lol

2011 version: "taylor martinez makes a 30 degree cut slower than slug running from saltwater - then runs into his own offensive lineman and falls over"

Would love to know what happened to the guy. I know he was dinged up the last 1/2 of 2010, but even this year he doesn't have the explosiveness and seems to run so tentatively like he's scared to get injured.

Would love to know what happened to the guy. I know he was dinged up the last 1/2 of 2010, but even this year he doesn't have the explosiveness and seems to run so tentatively like he's scared to get injured.

I'm pretty convinced the coaches got after him so much after some early-season fumbles that he was so worried about not fumbling or taking a big hit that he wasn't running anymore. That's what led to all the awkward slides and stops. Also, the play-calling changed to try to limit his carries.

Toward the end of the season, I though he was actually getting back into the flow. Not with the big runs but not so much of the awkwardness. He even lowered his shoulder a couple times - didn't run over anyone but at least didn't looked scared of contact. Hopefully it'll will get back closer to his earlier form.

I think that was probably part of it, nervousness about the lack of ball security on runs last year and maybe being overly cautious and just generally uncomfortable early in the year. I also have a feeling it was related to QB depth issues and trying to get him to avoid hits since it appears there wasn't any (my guess) considering how Carnes didn't see time at all.

I'm pretty convinced the coaches got after him so much after some early-season fumbles that he was so worried about not fumbling or taking a big hit that he wasn't running anymore. That's what led to all the awkward slides and stops. Also, the play-calling changed to try to limit his carries.

Toward the end of the season, I though he was actually getting back into the flow. Not with the big runs but not so much of the awkwardness. He even lowered his shoulder a couple times - didn't run over anyone but at least didn't looked scared of contact. Hopefully it'll will get back closer to his earlier form.

Your take is my best guess too.

All the grief about fumbles, hogging the ball, needing to be a game manager "and" Bo/Beck telling him to do almost anything to keep away from contact (they weren't as sold on Carnes as the internet genius crowd) had him almost abandon running the ball this year.

So, agree with that or not at least I can see their point. However, with this being the last game of the year and knowing it will be a tough one I would think.....let him run.

Your take is my best guess too.

All the grief about fumbles, hogging the ball, needing to be a game manager "and" Bo/Beck telling him to do almost anything to keep away from contact (they weren't as sold on Carnes as the internet genius crowd) had him almost abandon running the ball this year.

So, agree with that or not at least I can see their point. However, with this being the last game of the year and knowing it will be a tough one I would think.....let him run.

Same thing I thought at half time of the Ohio St. game: "If we're going to have any chance we've got to turn Martinez loose."