Basic Fundamental Problems

Dennard being the leader of the Defense shouldnt of blown his top. Keeping in your zones and reading the man your guarding. Keeping a clear head and not causing penalties. Wraping up your guy when tackling. These are basic fundamentals these guys have been missing all year. Normally im a sunshine pumper but after listening to this game im really starting to question the basic 1+1 of our football teaching abilities. The things i mentioned are things you learn in pop warner ball, why there not being drilled into the players head all year.

Its one thing to get physically dominated but its another to just give them the game. I agree with so many posters on here ill quote a couple.

One person put, we have no ability to fight back. We get down a few scores and we get low, we cant fight back. Problem after problem help and we dont have the ability or focus to get ourselves out of it. So we just crumble like a house of cars.

We need big physical guys like suh in order to push the line around and expose the QB. Guys like Suh only come around once in a while but we can get guys like Crick. Big guys with the right coaching and footwork can get around the lines and penetrate.

Im not saying anyone needs fired but i would expect people at this level to at least teach fundamental football and the basic things needed to learn.

I'm not sure why a bigger deal about dennard is nt being made. That was disgraceful..pathetic...you stand there and take it on the chin. Quite classless.,i would have asked for his jersey right there and showed him the door

And he would have punched you in the face.

• Fire 1

Dennard being the leader of the Defense shouldnt of blown his top. Keeping in your zones and reading the man your guarding. Keeping a clear head and not causing penalties. Wraping up your guy when tackling. These are basic fundamentals these guys have been missing all year. Normally im a sunshine pumper but after listening to this game im really starting to question the basic 1+1 of our football teaching abilities. The things i mentioned are things you learn in pop warner ball, why there not being drilled into the players head all year.

Its one thing to get physically dominated but its another to just give them the game. I agree with so many posters on here ill quote a couple.

One person put, we have no ability to fight back. We get down a few scores and we get low, we cant fight back. Problem after problem help and we dont have the ability or focus to get ourselves out of it. So we just crumble like a house of cars.

We need big physical guys like suh in order to push the line around and expose the QB. Guys like Suh only come around once in a while but we can get guys like Crick. Big guys with the right coaching and footwork can get around the lines and penetrate.

Im not saying anyone needs fired but i would expect people at this level to at least teach fundamental football and the basic things needed to learn.

A few things here.

First, I don't see Dennard being the leader of that defense at all. Great player - no question. But when I think of the guy who made play after play, tackle after tackle, and many key turnovers this year, David comes to mind - not Dennard. This does not excuse his actions, but is an important distinction imho.

I've seen this team struggle to retake a lead, but I've also seen them comeback and get a huge victory. Did tOSU losing Miller hurt them? Absolutely, but our offense kept fighting and we stole momentum. Even with their back up in, tOSU should not have lost that game the way they played for most of it.

I don't want to take anything away from SC, but Nebraska did about as much as they could today to lose this game. I've seen guys take hits like Abdullah did and hang onto the football before. If he had held on, Nebraska would have scored six that play or within the next couple, more than likely. That turnover changed the tide of the game for Nebraska.

Furthermore, Crick isn't necessarily a big guy. He started the season at 285 according to Huskers.com, and I'm pretty sure that's the weight he's always played out.

Fundamentals were an issue today, but everything was manageable until that fumble. Once that hit us, and once Martinez threw an int, you saw our team falter like they have in the past. All we can do at this point is hope the coaches see our deficiencies and can correct them.

Again, I don't want to take anything away from SC, but Nebraska gave that game away early and didn't execute well enough to take it back.

A few things here.

First, I don't see Dennard being the leader of that defense at all. Great player - no question. But when I think of the guy who made play after play, tackle after tackle, and many key turnovers this year, David comes to mind - not Dennard. This does not excuse his actions, but is an important distinction imho.

I've seen this team struggle to retake a lead, but I've also seen them comeback and get a huge victory. Did tOSU losing Miller hurt them? Absolutely, but our offense kept fighting and we stole momentum. Even with their back up in, tOSU should not have lost that game the way they played for most of it.

I don't want to take anything away from SC, but Nebraska did about as much as they could today to lose this game. I've seen guys take hits like Abdullah did and hang onto the football before. If he had held on, Nebraska would have scored six that play or within the next couple, more than likely. That turnover changed the tide of the game for Nebraska.

Furthermore, Crick isn't necessarily a big guy. He started the season at 285 according to Huskers.com, and I'm pretty sure that's the weight he's always played out.

Fundamentals were an issue today, but everything was manageable until that fumble. Once that hit us, and once Martinez threw an int, you saw our team falter like they have in the past. All we can do at this point is hope the coaches see our deficiencies and can correct them.

Again, I don't want to take anything away from SC, but Nebraska gave that game away early and didn't execute well enough to take it back.

We gave up two turnovers and [correct me if I'm wrong] didn't allow them to score. I said it earlier: 0 turnovers...17 points back on the board and Nebraska wins by the same margin that South Carolina did.

A few things here.

We gave up two turnovers and [correct me if I'm wrong] didn't allow them to score. I said it earlier: 0 turnovers...17 points back on the board and Nebraska wins by the same margin that South Carolina did.

Their hail mary came after Martinez's interception. We left 13-17 points on the field, and gave them 9 points between the PAT debacle and the hail mary.

my prediction at the beginning of the year(you can find it in my threads), was that nu would have a good year with 3 loses, and 4 was expected..i quess i was not far off....you just cannot win with freshman, rd freshmen playing...this means that the talent is not at the senior and junior level...hopefulling nu can bring in some recruits. they still cannot get a great qb, at least i have not seen it, and appartently the line is lacking, even if you get a good running back..but in defense of the lineman, they are really young a lot of them....