Jason Peter on Bo Pelini

Living in Socal, you would think Nebraska football would not be a main discussion.

Just got back from breakfast with a group of guys, my age that love football. One is Penn a State fan, three are SC fans, another from Boston College, one from Auburn and one from Akron. Every single one made comment about how bad Bo was for the program. How he was out of control, that he needed to calm down. No one mentioned the Jason Peters comments.

All watched the game as we get together normally on Monday after the weekend games and yak like old men. Two of the SC fans have grandkids being recruited for college ball. Both said they would recommend to their grandsons not to go to Nebraska if offered. Not a single one of them thought Bo would make it another two years. Woody Hayes was mentioned, only they expect him to hit an official. That is a cross section of a lot of fans from different areas.

I will not even go into the crap I caught from my Boss, SC grad and player.

These are people on the outside of Nebraska football, but football fans. We have become ugly it seems. My wife has been a Nebraska fan since we were married, 43 years, she absolutely hates Bo. I have never heard say that about another human being.

Bo is fire, he nips at everyone it seems. I remember a few years ago when Prince was acting somewhat like Bo at KState, there sure was a lot of hate from our board about that.

We need to understand that Bo is the lead spokesperson for Nebraska, not Pearlman, or Coach Osborne. Bo is who people think of when talking about Nebraska and there are really very few positive remarks about him, other than from other coaches.

Bo has become his own worst enemy. He has a lot to fix this off season, I hope he does it. I really do not know if he can, or if he is the right person for Nebraska, but we need him to be. I will continue to support him and hope he starts to understand how important he is to this program. I see a lot of BillyC in him. Stubborn to a fault it seems.

I'm a pretty old-school person, and I don't buy into any of the political correctness or weak sensitivity that everybody expects in today's society. This is odd for my generation, as I am only 21, but I have no problem with how Bo handles the media. It is his team, and it is not the media's right or our right to know anything personal that goes on behind closed doors on the football team.

Just look at the things that are important:

-Even TO said this: the team is a family and everyone shares a bond and cares about each other

-If I'm not mistaken, grades of our football players are at an all-time high. That says discipline right there.

Just those two things alone make me not question anything with the way that Bo handles the team.

Living in Socal, you would think Nebraska football would not be a main discussion.

Just got back from breakfast with a group of guys, my age that love football. One is Penn a State fan, three are SC fans, another from Boston College, one from Auburn and one from Akron. Every single one made comment about how bad Bo was for the program. How he was out of control, that he needed to calm down. No one mentioned the Jason Peters comments.

lol at these guys bagging on Husker football:

USC: ncaa sanctions; 2 yrs bowl prohibition; vacated wins

Auburn: pay-for-play Cam Newton

Boston College: Yeah, they were relevant once. When Doug Flutie played. In 1984.

Akron: The Zips? Are they in FBS??

Penn State: ahem.

• Fire 1

Jason Peter has been and always will be 150% Big Red. He lives for this program and I remind you....PLAYED FOR THIS PROGRAM. You once a Husker always a Husker folks sure seem to pick and choose who that applies to. This man has poured more blood and sweat for this program than any of you. He was part of some of the greatest most dominant teams in Nebraska history.

HIS OPINION IS AND ALWAYS WILL BE MORE VALID AND LEGITIMATE THAN ANY OF YOURS.

• Fire 2

You holier than thou types that frequent this message board and others are absolutely pathetic in my opinion. Among the scum of the earth. Most of you could have your lives analyzed from beginning to end and if they made a movie of it, it would probably include some pretty pitiful things. You can sit here behind your computer monitors and act like your sh#t don't stink though. Fact is, Jason Peter made some mistakes, he's been very open and honest about it. He wrote a damn book about it. He's not hiding from it. What are some of you hiding from? The man has an opinion just like the rest of us. The way I see it, his opinion is backed up by far more knowledge of the game and this program than any of you have. He lived it. You all have not.

• Fire 1

I agree totally with the above post. Jason knows more about Nebraska football than all of us combined. He got into his problems because of playing for Nebraska, pain will make people do almost anything. He found a cure that was not correct, came to his senses and has made a honorable life for himself.

I am not saying he is right, I am saying what he say is becoming the general oppinion of people outside the program.

But as usual Nebraska fans only see what they want to see. I gave you a cross reference form people I know that love college football. Christ do you think we are relevant, no conference championship in over 10 years. Be serious.

It is not about Nebraska football, it is about our head coach. That should be a concern for all of us.

Personally I would love to have the problems that Auburn, SC have. Most of you will soon I think.

We have our fair share of skeltons, proven skeletons I might add.

Either way, you have heard from some usceast fans and they have a lot of the same comments. Go to any board and ask what they think of our head coach. If the fans feel it, the coaching staff they follow is most likely using it as a weapon in recruiting.

Bo is his own worst enemy. He needs to clean up his act this year or he will be gone is my guess.

Our win loss record is not the only problem we are facing.

Jason Peter has been and always will be 150% Big Red. He lives for this program and I remind you....PLAYED FOR THIS PROGRAM. You once a Husker always a Husker folks sure seem to pick and choose who that applies to. This man has poured more blood and sweat for this program than any of you. He was part of some of the greatest most dominant teams in Nebraska history.

Absolutely ridiculous. By your logic, unless you are or once were a waiter, then you cannot complain about service at a resturant.

Further, if you break down his rantings, he isn't mad about his (Bo's) act, he's mad that they aren't winning. If Bo was 11-1 this year and playing in the Rose Bowl, by his logic, he could piss on a refs shoes when he didn't like the call.

In my opinion, you would think the behavior and undiscipline would be the worst thing in Peter's mind regardless of a won/loss record. Considering a lack of discipline and entitlement probably played quite crucial to his dark time in life.

• Fire 1

You holier than thou types that frequent this message board and others are absolutely pathetic in my opinion. Among the scum of the earth. Most of you could have your lives analyzed from beginning to end and if they made a movie of it, it would probably include some pretty pitiful things. You can sit here behind your computer monitors and act like your sh#t don't stink though. Fact is, Jason Peter made some mistakes, he's been very open and honest about it. He wrote a damn book about it. He's not hiding from it. What are some of you hiding from? The man has an opinion just like the rest of us. The way I see it, his opinion is backed up by far more knowledge of the game and this program than any of you have. He lived it. You all have not.

Oh yes, the very famous "If you haven't been there you have no right to complain about it" argument. Jason Peter was a drug addict...was a drug addict. He obviously had a break down in his character and then he calls Bo out on his character? I appreciate what Jason Peter did for this program, he was a dominant football player, but he doesn't hold much water when talking about character.

Absolutely ridiculous. By your logic, unless you are or once were a waiter, then you cannot complain about service at a resturant.

Further, if you break down his rantings, he isn't mad about his (Bo's) act, he's mad that they aren't winning. If Bo was 11-1 this year and playing in the Rose Bowl, by his logic, he could piss on a refs shoes when he didn't like the call.

In my opinion, you would think the behavior and undiscipline would be the worst thing in Peter's mind regardless of a won/loss record. Considering a lack of discipline and entitlement probably played quite crucial to his dark time in life.

I never said you couldn't have an opinion. I just can't understand why people would sit here and say some very negative things about a guy who has been through a lot in his life and tried to come out on the other side of it clean. He is clearly passionate about the Big Red as are most of us. He is also justified in having an opinion just like the rest of us. Sitting here calling him a drug addict and any other of the bullsh#t comments people have just because they don't agree with his opinion? That's just crap. Also to your point about him being pissed about Pelini not winning more so than Pelini's attitude. Isn't that exactly what the OP was about? That's what I'm commenting on. I took it as him saying, if Bo is going to act the way he is acting and get away with it, he has to earn it. Most people would give a coach a pass if he acts like a dipsh*t, but is winning every game on the schedule. If your acting like an ass and losing 4 games a year then why should folks allow it? Am I off base in drawing that conclusion from this topic?

I agree totally with the above post. Jason knows more about Nebraska football than all of us combined.

Boy, that's pretty unknowable

He got into his problems because of playing for Nebraska, pain will make people do almost anything. He found a cure that was not correct, came to his senses and has made a honorable life for himself.

-agree to disagree. I was always of the belief this also stemmed from a pretty healthy PED problem he was harboring.....

I am not saying he is right, I am saying what he say is becoming the general oppinion of people outside the program.

According to what you hear. I've heard different things from people, the prevailing opinion of which being "we don't have the horses yet" And we might not, and the ones we do have are young.

But as usual Nebraska fans only see what they want to see. I gave you a cross reference form people I know that love college football. Christ do you think we are relevant, no conference championship in over 10 years. Be serious.

We are still relevant. If we weren't then no one would be talking about one of our losses. In no way are we 1997 relevant, but we're relevant. Duke is irrevelant. Nebraska basketball is irrevelant. We're relevant

It is not about Nebraska football, it is about our head coach. That should be a concern for all of us.

Personally I would love to have the problems that Auburn, SC have

I really, really don't think you believe that.

Either way, you have heard from some usceast fans and they have a lot of the same comments. Go to any board and ask what they think of our head coach. If the fans feel it, the coaching staff they follow is most likely using it as a weapon in recruiting.

Bo is his own worst enemy. He needs to clean up his act this year or he will be gone is my guess.

Our win loss record is not the only problem we are facing.

If this is true, then they hired the wrong guy. This was going to be a work in progress, with a first time head coach and a complete reset of a program. 09 was such a breath of fresh air at the end (and a real mother, imagine if that second hadn't been put on), that a lot of koo-aid got funneled. Of course that's not to say that Bo is perfect, he obviously isn't. I'm betting he can grow as a coach.

I never said you couldn't have an opinion. I just can't understand why people would sit here and say some very negative things about a guy who has been through a lot in his life and tried to come out on the other side of it clean. He is clearly passionate about the Big Red as are most of us. He is also justified in having an opinion just like the rest of us. Sitting here calling him a drug addict and any other of the bullsh#t comments people have just because they don't agree with his opinion? That's just crap. Also to your point about him being pissed about Pelini not winning more so than Pelini's attitude. Isn't that exactly what the OP was about? That's what I'm commenting on. I took it as him saying, if Bo is going to act the way he is acting and get away with it, he has to earn it. Most people would give a coach a pass if he acts like a dipsh*t, but is winning every game on the schedule. If your acting like an ass and losing 4 games a year then why should folks allow it? Am I off base in drawing that conclusion from this topic?

I wouldn't say he's getting a pass. He's getting castigated for it publicly, and I would guess privately as well. As for the people that got the bees in your bonnet.......the internets is so mean sometimes...... :dunno

51uutst9i6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I never used to care so much what others thought if me..But it was sorta nice what "outsiders" said to me after Tom "Went for Two", and then went on about how "classy" he was.

As I've gotten older, I've either realized there are more important things than Husker Football, or I've just finally stopped living so vicariously through the team, and while I care much less about winning championships than I used to,..I do still care about how we "play the game"..

I'd hate to see Bo "forced out" and continue to believe he's capable of improvement..he's come farther in a short time than I expected he could...But if he leaves..I probably will miss him only twice ...er..twenty times as much as I miss that Callahan fella.

• Fire 2

I am embarrassed by many of the things Bo has done over the last few years. This Nebraska team has made ESPN a few times over the last few years. Unfortunately they show more footage of the head coach on the sidelines than they do of the football team. I'm rooting for Bo. I'm rooting for Bo to make this team great and for Bo to mature as a head coach. Bo has a lot of growing to do in his position at Nebraska. His team clearly has a lot of growing to do as well. If Bo can't show the ability to grow a team and grow himself then he can pack his sh#t and carry on and I will no longer support him. I will support the next guy. I root for this team before I root for Bo Pelini. I had just hoped he would be a guy that could turn things around and bring some defense back to this team.