A very promising recruiting class!

Ok Ive noticed a somewhat disturbing trend.... It seems to me alot of our recruiting targets are suddenly being pursued by UCLA! And it this late in the game there must be acertain level of interest from the kids. What am I missing about that program that makes their football program so appealing? And why is their list of offers starting to resemble ours especially some of our top targets!

While I think we have some very good recruits committed for the next class, and I'm excited and hopeful all will sign an LOI, part of me knows most of them were not recruited by LSU, Alabama, USC, or OSU (Okla St or Ohio State) or Stanford. Most would not be recruited to Texas or Okla even though those two teams haven't produced based on their recruiting level. UCLA is a team trying to rise from the ashes. They know they can't immediately challenge the top teams for recruits, but they can challenge for USC's leftovers in California and possibly other west coast kids who want to play in the big lights. They would be ticked pink to pull a few recruits from teams like Nebraska, California, the Ariz schools, Oregon and Washington, who all hit the state of California hard.

Ok Ive noticed a somewhat disturbing trend.... It seems to me alot of our recruiting targets are suddenly being pursued by UCLA! And it this late in the game there must be acertain level of interest from the kids. What am I missing about that program that makes their football program so appealing? And why is their list of offers starting to resemble ours especially some of our top targets!

Weather, beaches and pointy sweaters..................

It's getting the one that "arent good enough" that come in and bust their tails and build a program. Yes, you have to have a few studs, but some programs are better off with mostly guys that were perceived as not good enough just because some gay magazine puts 3 starts behind their name instead of 5. Ala Texas and Oklahoma, major fails this year. West Virginia? Kansas St.? Bo does pretty decent in recruiting, this year was just a drop off in play becaause of youth, new coaches, mixed with veteran players that seemed to bit short on the talent side. new offense and so on. Guess i could go on with the excuses.