First Post

As many have said before me, long time lurker, first time poster.

I have been drinking the Red Kool-Aid for as long as I can possibly remember. I grew up in a small town in central Nebraska. My brothers and I would ride the bus from Grand Island to Lincoln to attend games when we were in our early teens. I doubt parents would allow any of their kids to do this today. The first game I truly remember was when we played Arizona St in '94. The first play of the game was a long run for a touchdown around the left side. An image that is forever imprinted in my mind. I have attended at least one game every year since that time, but never as many as I would like.

My feelings on the current the state of the program is that we seem to be an above-average team. I do feel Bo is the right man for the job. I believe he is making necessary changes as they arise, however, I feel we should have went after some differnt position coaches then we have. I am not the coach and so I will continue to trust Bo's process. The one area that really concerns me is QB play. I have been a supporter of Taylor Martinez this whole time. I am now believing he is not the man for the job. The largest improvement should be from year 1 to year 2. I did not see that large of improvement and this makes me believe he is not the man for the job. I truly hope he proves me wrong and develops into what many of us felt, in the beginning, he could be. The top teams in the Big Ten have very good QBs and this is the main area, I feel, that is keeping us from being a great team.

Look forward to many future discussions with all of you! GBR!

Another reality check from another poster. Interesting comments. Can't say I'm too down on Martinez at this point, and I fail to see why he keeps being brought up as "the problem." We have a horrid defense, yet people continue to focus on the quarterback. Not sure I see why that keeps happening.

Welcome to the board, all the same. Enjoy your stay.

As many have said before me, long time lurker, first time poster.

I have been drinking the Red Kool-Aid for as long as I can possibly remember. I grew up in a small town in central Nebraska. My brothers and I would ride the bus from Grand Island to Lincoln to attend games when we were in our early teens. I doubt parents would allow any of their kids to do this today. The first game I truly remember was when we played Arizona St in '94. The first play of the game was a long run for a touchdown around the left side. An image that is forever imprinted in my mind. I have attended at least one game every year since that time, but never as many as I would like.

My feelings on the current the state of the program is that we seem to be an above-average team. I do feel Bo is the right man for the job. I believe he is making necessary changes as they arise, however, I feel we should have went after some differnt position coaches then we have. I am not the coach and so I will continue to trust Bo's process. The one area that really concerns me is QB play. I have been a supporter of Taylor Martinez this whole time. I am now believing he is not the man for the job. The largest improvement should be from year 1 to year 2. I did not see that large of improvement and this makes me believe he is not the man for the job. I truly hope he proves me wrong and develops into what many of us felt, in the beginning, he could be. The top teams in the Big Ten have very good QBs and this is the main area, I feel, that is keeping us from being a great team.

Look forward to many future discussions with all of you! GBR!

We changed offenses between year one and year two, we also changed conferences. The big jump in improvement may still come for Taylor.

• Fire 1

I agree, default, but next year Martinez has very little excuse for not playing well. He will have started 26 games by the time of our second game next season, which is how many Jamal Lord started. By the end of next season, he will have started more games than Eric Crouch. Martinez is a veteran now.

I agree, default, but next year Martinez has very little excuse for not playing well. He will have started 26 games by the time of our second game next season, which is how many Jamal Lord started. By the end of next season, he will have started more games than Eric Crouch. Martinez is a veteran now.

I agree he's a vet, and I don't mean to give him a complete pass, but I felt like I could see him getting more comfortable in the offense as the season went on. Also it's almost like we played an independent type schedule this year (not like Notre Dame they play Michigan, Sparty, USC, and Navy every year) Next year he'll be more familiar and HOPEFULLY that leads to better play for him and those around him.

The top teams in the Big Ten have very good QBs and this is the main area, I feel, that is keeping us from being a great team.

To expound upon this point, let's take a look at the top teams in the Big Ten this year:

1. Wisconsin: Russell Wilson, Senior

2. Michigan State: Kirk Cousins, Senior

3. Michigan: Dennard Robinson, Junior

4. Penn State: Matt McGloin, Junior

5. Nebraska: Taylor Martinez, Sophomore

6. Purdue: Caleb TerBush, Junior

7. Iowa: James Vandenberg, Junior

Of the seven most-successful teams in the B1G, six of them started an Upperclassman the majority of their games, if not every game. Nebraska was the lone exception, starting Sophomore Taylor Martinez.

Anyone think there may be a correlation between experience and success?

• Fire 1

The top teams in the Big Ten have very good QBs and this is the main area, I feel, that is keeping us from being a great team.

To expound upon this point, let's take a look at the top teams in the Big Ten this year:

Of the seven most-successful teams in the B1G, six of them started an Upperclassman the majority of their games, if not every game. Nebraska was the lone exception, starting Sophomore Taylor Martinez.

Bingo.

Probably...but can you also agree there are other factors that go into that success?

Probably...but can you also agree there are other factors that go into that success?

Without question. This is only one piece of a very large puzzle. I wasn't trying to oversimplify things, just responding to that one point. There are a myriad reasons why we lose. And as sd'sker pointed out, we tend to beat ourselves quite frequently.