How would YOU fix this Defense?

1) Recruit top notch athletes aka 4 and 5* players.

2) Change to an attacking defense where the DE's can rush more instead of playing contain. Yes, mobile QB's need to be "contained" but MSU (and VT to a large degree) showed how you contain a big time "mobile QB" like Denard.

3) Recruit.

4) Get better DL play. I guess the hiring of Kaczyinski is a step....

5) Recruit.

• Fire 1

2) Change to an attacking defense where the DE's can rush more instead of playing contain. Yes, mobile QB's need to be "contained" but MSU (and VT to a large degree) showed how you contain a big time "mobile QB" like Denard.

3) Recruit.

5) Recruit.

You know... For once, I don't disagree with you. However, don't underestimate the difficulty of getting 4 and 5 star players to commit to a college team. Especially a place in the Midwest like Nebraska.

We could always hire a guy that just won a NC, is from Nebraska, and played for NU.

And was an abject failure as a DC? No, thank you.

Who?

Craig Bohl, who just won the FCS championship at North Dakota State.

Ha, you realize this little statement should completely summarize my lack of knowledge on the subject.

Craig Bohl, who just won the FCS championship at North Dakota State.

Second chances :dunno

It's one of those "j/k" things Knapp, go easy on the reply chuckleshuffle

Sipple just interviewed Bohl about this, actually. Bohl's answers:

*As far back as the late 1990s, when he was linebackers coach at Nebraska, Craig Bohl decided he might make a better head coach than assistant. In that regard, he once told me of his misgivings with the way he sometimes approached his job at NU, including his stint as defensive coordinator (2000-02).

"I think I got too doggone embroiled in specific schemes, in X's and O's," he said. "I can still remember walking down a hallway, seeing a player and not even acknowledging him because I always was thinking so much."

Bohl back then saw himself as a big-picture guy, a CEO of sorts. Looks like he was right. His hard times at Nebraska no doubt make North Dakota State's FCS title that much sweeter for the ninth-year Bison head coach. Excellent rebound, coach.

LINK

3) Recruit.

5) Recruit.

I'm sure Bo's been picking up the 3 stars and walkons just out of spite. 4 and 5 star players, hell that's not asking for much.

think we lower taxes and get fuel back to a buck a gallon while we're at it.

3) Recruit.

5) Recruit.

I'm sure Bo's been picking up the 3 stars and walkons just out of spite. 4 and 5 star players, hell that's not asking for much.

That's not the point. Or maybe you just can't comprehend. The statement about Bo's recruiting is that he's either not involved as much or just plain SUCKS at it.

Again, how many guys that Bo's recruited out of HS have become difference makers? Rex? Please. Rex is good/decent for the garbage offense we run now but don't tell me that Oregon, MI or WI are salivating over Rex. Other than Rex and maybe Bell.... there's no one who seems to be a great player that would match up with teams in the top 10. No one.

Looking at Stanford, Oregon, MI, OkieLite. Hell, even WVA and Clemson is embarrassing. Our talent level is MAC-worthy. Cory Raymond pretty much eluded to that.

That's not the point. Or maybe you just can't comprehend. The statement about Bo's recruiting is that he's either not involved as much or just plain SUCKS at it.

Again, how many guys that Bo's recruited out of HS have become difference makers? Rex? Please. Rex is good/decent for the garbage offense we run now but don't tell me that Oregon, MI or WI are salivating over Rex. Other than Rex and maybe Bell.... there's no one who seems to be a great player that would match up with teams in the top 10. No one.

Looking at Stanford, Oregon, MI, OkieLite. Hell, even WVA and Clemson is embarrassing. Our talent level is MAC-worthy. Cory Raymond pretty much eluded to that.

Rex is good for garbage. That's a new one.

And I suppose Heard, Abdullah & Green are also chopped liver? I suppose Gomes was crap, Lavonte David was garbage and Daimion Stafford is terrible, too?

3) Recruit.

5) Recruit.

You must be the moron that called big red reaction with a Rex bashing after the game, caugh hell for it over the radio the next night then tried to call Sports Nightly to try and explain and reconfigure your previous statement. If not, then I guess there's 2 really ignorant Husker fans. And all your reply did was reiterate what I said. Getting a plethora of 4 and 5 star players to Lincoln, NE is not something you just do. Hell, even Osborne couldnt do it.

3) Recruit.

5) Recruit.

:dis

Definitely need to get more pressure on the QB. Partly through different schemes and partly through recruiting/developing d-linemen (especially DEs)who are just a step or two faster. Too many times this year we had guys who beat their blocks and were in the backfield, chasing the QB ,but were too slow to get him. (Terrance moore and Cam come to mind). I remember having DEs like Carriker, Vandenbosch.Tomich, Wistrom, Etc who were fast enough to get there and finish the play. I dont see anyone coming up in the same league with those guys.

3) Recruit.

5) Recruit.

You must be the moron that called big red reaction with a Rex bashing after the game, caugh hell for it over the radio the next night then tried to call Sports Nightly to try and explain and reconfigure your previous statement. If not, then I guess there's 2 really ignorant Husker fans. And all your reply did was reiterate what I said. Getting a plethora of 4 and 5 star players to Lincoln, NE is not something you just do. Hell, even Osborne couldnt do it.

You must be pretty friggin stupid for coming up with that analogy.

3) Recruit.

5) Recruit.

You must be pretty friggin stupid for coming up with that analogy.

:dunno :dunno