How would YOU fix this Defense?

Once again Bo continue to run his D the way he has. Otherwise I think he would have brought in someone different than JP as the new DC. Bo like's his system and it works. The 2009 and 10 Defense was not a fluke. Having Suh in the middle helped so much.

Get a speedier,quicker rush from our DE's who are also fast enough to contain. Find a way to simplify the defensive scheme so that the younger kids, recruited for their abilities can step in a contribute right away. Wats was constantly knocked for having a too complex offense that kids couldn't learn in a year. seems Bo's is the same.

I would like to see us be less predictable in our D. This year limited blitzes, predictable when they came and generally came from too far out to be disguised or effective. Get enough depth/experience/rotation in the early goings so that in game 7 when a starter goes down you are not replacing him with a kid who has zero snaps. Trust your gut Bo. You recruited the kids for a reason. Play them.

Re-invent Super D from 2003. He was crazy off the edge. The Peso in 2010 shook up the Big XII. Unleash Cooper/SJB/Jackson in that role next year. Become unpredictable. The stand up D line was a thing of beauty against MSU. That was the only creativity I saw all year from Bo and Co.

• Fire 1

Get a speedier,quicker rush from our DE's who are also fast enough to contain. Find a way to simplify the defensive scheme so that the younger kids, recruited for their abilities can step in a contribute right away. Wats was constantly knocked for having a too complex offense that kids couldn't learn in a year. seems Bo's is the same.

I would like to see us be less predictable in our D. This year limited blitzes, predictable when they came and generally came from too far out to be disguised or effective. Get enough depth/experience/rotation in the early goings so that in game 7 when a starter goes down you are not replacing him with a kid who has zero snaps. Trust your gut Bo. You recruited the kids for a reason. Play them.

Re-invent Super D from 2003. He was crazy off the edge. The Peso in 2010 shook up the Big XII. Unleash Cooper/SJB/Jackson in that role next year. Become unpredictable. The stand up D line was a thing of beauty against MSU. That was the only creativity I saw all year from Bo and Co.

This. All of it. It was encouraging to see Compton, Ciante, and Green progress so much over the course of the season also. My biggest concern is who steps up and takes the spots that Lavonte and Fonzo leave behind. I have faith that Mo Seisay, SJB, or Dijon Washington step into Fonzo's role. I guess one of the true freshmen that we hopefully snag late in the recruiting process or Charles Jackson could possibly step up also. We will have to see...

I think our biggest problem defensively is a pass rush, as others have mentioned. We struggle to get pressure with only four down linemen, and our defensive ends don't seem to rush in that often. They act as if they're content to just kind of play slap-hands with the offensive line until the quarterback finally bails the pocket or throws it.

Amen!!

SuperD was a one man wrecking crew that I would LOVE, LOVE to see Bo find his equivalent and let him rip. C'mon Bo.....we know that you know how to pressure those mobile qbs. Why haven't we seen that in the last couple of years? Maybe because with David blitzing there's no one left to tackle someone (haha....sad but maybe partly true)?

Get'r done, Bo!!

Amen!!

SuperD was a one man wrecking crew that I would LOVE, LOVE to see Bo find his equivalent and let him rip. C'mon Bo.....we know that you know how to pressure those mobile qbs. Why haven't we seen that in the last couple of years? Maybe because with David blitzing there's no one left to tackle someone (haha....sad but maybe partly true)?

Get'r done, Bo!!

I think there is a lot to this. This past year, even though we had all everything David at LB, we we're very thin and limited on talent and couldn't gamble as much. Next will not be the case. I think we'll see a lot better play from the D line especially at Tackle, out potential there is outstanding. Our secondary should be drastically more athletic, but I really hope we can snag one of those talented HS prospects at CB(Also hope CJ gets to Lincoln). I absolutely loved how VT attacked shoelaces in the Sugar Bowl and I hope we somehow transition to that, but we'll see.