ESPN way too early top 25 2012

ADS

Boise State at 20? I am shocked we haven't seen the head coach all over the news saying this is blasphemy.

Yeah, he's probably looking at that first game with Michigan State. In Lansing. Sparty will take them out to the woodshed.

Then again, I didn't think Boise would get by Georgia first game of this past season.

I think it is WAY too high of a ranking. With that said, I think there is enough talent on the team to earn this ranking next season. I think the offense will be explosive and tough to handle. With the experience of this past season and the upcoming spring they should be running on all cylinders come fall. If the defense can improve and get back to it's old ways, this team could be dangerous. At the very least, they should be competing for the conference title with a solid chance to play in a BCS bowl. Call it optimism, koolaid drinker, whatever, but I am excited for the possibilities.

our offense? explosive??.......i am still waiting for that.

Hoping for an explosive offense, because all the tools are there. With the multiple sets, players like Abdullah, Martinez, Turner, there is plenty of explosive elements there. A steady force like Burkhead, as versatile as he is will not hurt. I may be drinking too much koolaid as I mentioned, but there are glimpses of explosiveness that back it up.

i guess it really depends how many touches Abdullah and Turner get........

I think it is WAY too high of a ranking. With that said, I think there is enough talent on the team to earn this ranking next season. I think the offense will be explosive and tough to handle. With the experience of this past season and the upcoming spring they should be running on all cylinders come fall. If the defense can improve and get back to it's old ways, this team could be dangerous. At the very least, they should be competing for the conference title with a solid chance to play in a BCS bowl. Call it optimism, koolaid drinker, whatever, but I am excited for the possibilities.

our offense? explosive??.......i am still waiting for that.

Hoping for an explosive offense, because all the tools are there. With the multiple sets, players like Abdullah, Martinez, Turner, there is plenty of explosive elements there. A steady force like Burkhead, as versatile as he is will not hurt. I may be drinking too much koolaid as I mentioned, but there are glimpses of explosiveness that back it up.

i guess it really depends how many touches Abdullah and Turner get........

The elements of an explosive offense are there, but it would be a big mistake for Beck to get to caught up in all that, and get away from Burkhead, that guy needs touches.... It sounds ridiculous but you see OC's at every level go away from what works at times....

uga @ #6 is a joke. They didn't beat a Top 25 team in 2011, and they're losing key players. They keep Ogletree and Rambo, so that's good for them, but their OL is depleted and they can never keep those guys healthy anyway. They've got a cake-walk schedule, USC will be the best team they play all year (we're the only ranked team they'll play), so I think they still win 10 Reg Season games, go to a Cap One/Outback/Gator bowl and get smashed by another Big1G opponent. During this year's schedule changes, they were able to Drop Alabama to pickup Mizzou, and they did it b/c they know they'd get smashed.

The c$%ks at #10 is fair, we also have a tough schedule, with 4 games against teams on that Top 25 pre-season ranking, including lsu and arky. We will have our s**t cut out for us to get 10 Reg Season wins.

Boise State at 20? I am shocked we haven't seen the head coach all over the news saying this is blasphemy.

Yeah, he's probably looking at that first game with Michigan State. In Lansing. Sparty will take them out to the woodshed.

Then again, I didn't think Boise would get by Georgia first game of this past season.

I'd like to think they have to run out of talent eventually, but it's easy to recruit thugs when you have the academic standards of a clown school.

277.gif7. West Virginia Mountaineers:

WVU fans finally saw a glimpse of how explosive coach Dana Holgorsen's spread offense can be in the Mountaineers' 70-33 rout of Clemson in the Discover Orange Bowl. Holgorsen's first season has to be considered a roaring success after a 10-3 finish, but the Mountaineers might have just scratched the surface with his high-powered offense. Quarterback Geno Smith is coming back for his senior season in 2012, along with eight other offensive starters, including leading rusher Dustin Garrison and top receivers Tavon Austin and Stedman Bailey. The Mountaineers will have to replace four starters on defense and might lose coordinator Jeff Casteel, who is considering taking a job on Rich Rodriguez's staff at Arizona. West Virginia's schedule for 2012 is undetermined because it's trying to leave the Big East for the Big 12, a decision that might be finalized in court.

52.gif8. Florida State Seminoles:

We're taking the bait on the Seminoles again, even after they failed to live up to very high aspirations with a 9-4 finish in 2011. But FSU's lofty preseason billing might have been a year premature, and injuries plagued the Seminoles throughout the season. FSU's defense is as good as advertised and it might be even better in 2012 with nine starters coming back. Defensive end Brandon Jenkins and cornerback Greg Reid both passed up entering the NFL draft to return to school. If FSU is going to become a legitimate BCS contender, though, its offense has to be better and more explosive. The Seminoles had young skill players in 2011 and they started four freshman offensive linemen against Notre Dame in the Champs Sports Bowl. Another concern will be replacing All-American punter Shawn Powell. FSU plays seven home games, but it will travel to Virginia Tech during ACC play.

127.gif9. Michigan State Spartans:

The Spartans continue to make tremendous strides under coach Mark Dantonio, winning 11 games for the second straight season. The Spartans also won a Big Ten Legends Division title and their first bowl game in his tenure, 33-30 over Georgia in the Outback Bowl. MSU will rely on its defense and running game in 2012, with quarterback Kirk Cousins and his top four receivers departing. Tailback Le'Veon Bell is expected back, along with four starting offensive linemen. All-Big Ten defensive tackle Jerel Worthy is leaving for the NFL draft, but eight defensive starters are expected to return. The Spartans play nonconference home games against Boise State on Aug. 31 and Notre Dame on Sept. 15, and they'll have to play perhaps the two best teams from the Leaders Division (against Ohio State at home on Sept. 29 and at Wisconsin on Oct. 27).

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

FSU #8!?? BAHAHAHAHAHHA and MICH ST #9? WOW.....

And the idiots at ESPN will continue to take that bait on FSU...

Just like mice going after the cheese.

I have NO IDEA what they're thinking ranking MSU in the top 10. They said it themselves, they're losing the starting QB and top 4 receivers. Good luck breaking in your new offense. They also lost the center of their defense Worthy... Oh well. Let's hope we spank em next year.

Just a reminder... :espnsucks:

defense wins championships, and MSU has a very good defense returning almost all their starters, probably the best defense in the conference next year, and they have good running backs, if they can "survive" until their new QB and WRs start to get it together they could be a very dangerous team...