National Championship Game

you will see Florida comeback, most likely Tennesse and Georgia. It has been a very strong football conference for a lot of years, and as in the Big Ten, beat the crap out of each other.

I lived in Memphis in the late 60's, during footbal season you could drive down streets in neighborhoods that had their school flag hung out, every single school could be represented in a two block area. It was very impressive back then. My guess is that is far more prevelant now.

They love their football, and most likely to a school, just as crazy as we are about Nebraska.

I think you are overlooking the fact that SEC schools oversign their classes every year. That has now changed. Expect the SEC to come back to the pack over the next few years.

Exactly, this whole SEC run, while ESPN blows themselves over it all day, is cyclical, just like anything else in college sports. At some point in time, someone is going to crack the code on how to tap into their talent down there, and then it's game over.

Things can change quickly on the college scene. While the SEC as a conference will probably be strong for years to come, individual teams can change in short order. Before Urban Meyer left Fla there was no end in sight to their success. Tennessee seemed to string together strong teams year in and year out. While it's doubtful the NCAA will find any wrongdoing in their cashcow teams, that possibility exists. Saban could decide to retire for health reasons as could Miles. Life has a way of evening out teams success level. Who could have foreseen Nebraska's fast tumble out of the top ten in 1997 before Tom retired. It seemed like there was no end to the pipeline, running backs and great qb's who would come here to play.

Don't think Nebraska can't find it's way back to the top ten consistantly. A few players on defense who have the light go on in the Pelini system and an upgrade at a few positions on offense, improvement in special teams and we'll be on even ground with the 2nd tier teams. Today I'm putting teams like Alabama, LSU, Okla St, Stanford and Oregon in the top tier...possibly USC as soon as they come off probation. 2nd tier would include teams like Georgia, Arkansas, probably Okla if they hadn't lost Broyles, Boise St (most years), Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio St (again most years) West Virg looked lightning fast, and probably Virg Tech.

If we played 12 games against the teams I mentioned we would probably win 2 0r 3 games at most. My hope is we can get on even footing with better recruiting. Last year and I think this year will be the start of the turnaround. In a few years our coaches will have matured enough to see the finer details they seem to be missing now. Better days are ahead!

I think you are overlooking the fact that SEC schools oversign their classes every year. That has now changed. Expect the SEC to come back to the pack over the next few years.

Exactly, this whole SEC run, while ESPN blows themselves over it all day, is cyclical, just like anything else in college sports. At some point in time, someone is going to crack the code on how to tap into their talent down there, and then it's game over.

Things can change quickly on the college scene. While the SEC as a conference will probably be strong for years to come, individual teams can change in short order. Before Urban Meyer left Fla there was no end in sight to their success. Tennessee seemed to string together strong teams year in and year out. While it's doubtful the NCAA will find any wrongdoing in their cashcow teams, that possibility exists. Saban could decide to retire for health reasons as could Miles. Life has a way of evening out teams success level. Who could have foreseen Nebraska's fast tumble out of the top ten in 1997 before Tom retired. It seemed like there was no end to the pipeline, running backs and great qb's who would come here to play.

Don't think Nebraska can't find it's way back to the top ten consistantly. A few players on defense who have the light go on in the Pelini system and an upgrade at a few positions on offense, improvement in special teams and we'll be on even ground with the 2nd tier teams. Today I'm putting teams like Alabama, LSU, Okla St, Stanford and Oregon in the top tier...possibly USC as soon as they come off probation. 2nd tier would include teams like Georgia, Arkansas, probably Okla if they hadn't lost Broyles, Boise St (most years), Wisconsin, Michigan, Ohio St (again most years) West Virg looked lightning fast, and probably Virg Tech.

If we played 12 games against the teams I mentioned we would probably win 2 0r 3 games at most. My hope is we can get on even footing with better recruiting. Last year and I think this year will be the start of the turnaround. In a few years our coaches will have matured enough to see the finer details they seem to be missing now. Better days are ahead!

I've read that one of the reasons that Meyer left Florida was because he was starting to lose. Tebow was leaving and he saw the writing on the wall. Did anyone else read information to that effect or was that all just 'urban legend'?

Supposedly they set the limit at 23 a year. A little lower than the NCAA requirement. It is a tremendous help, but I doubt changing it is going to any affect on it for quite awhile. There is great pride in the SEC, we have nothing even close to it. It was very strong when I lived in Tennesse years ago, and has grown even more in the last 6 years.

The population base is moving to the south rather quickly, the facilities are amazing, the weather is great, and the talent is everywhere. As you noticed last night, no Florida kids, no Socal kids and only one Texas kid on the LSU starters. That tells you they have an abundance of talent there.

They also have lower academic requirements, and ways around them it appears. The SEC is here to stay for awhile, and each and every program spends lots of money on their coaching staffs. Bama appears to be unlimited.

I don't think they ended oversigning. I read that they can still cut players and then apply recruits to the previous year's class, that now has vacancies.

If the NCAA says things like, you can only have 85 scholarship athletes then they have to set the guidelines on signings, oversignings, taking away a scholarship, etc. that can't be a B1G 10 issue. Same with GPA issues. It should be high enough that an SEC school doesn't get an advantage by bringing in talented kids with less academic success.

It seems that it's time to tweak the rules as it doesn't seem fair for the school that honors the players.

Sec schools are now limited to 25 players per class but there are loopholes.

And again, even that is not right. It should be 85 scholarships ... period. So while others have 85 they essentially gain atleast a 15% advantage and that's without exploiting other loopholes. If I could have 15% on my competition I would win a lot more. These issues should be NCAA issues and not set by the SEC.

• Fire 1

Hate to say it, but LSU is going to be even better next year. Their defense will be just as good, they have 3 or 4 great tailbacks, and they will have a pro-style QB (Zach Mettenberger) who can actually throw the ball, unlike the QBs they had this year. They also got the #1 HS QB in recruiting this year (Gunner Kiel). That being said, I see 2 or more NC for them over the next 5 or so years. Les Miles isn't a great coach, but he has amazing recruiters who are able to snag the best of the best recruits. People can argue all they want that stars next to a name don't matter, but they do.

And again, even that is not right. It should be 85 scholarships ... period. So while others have 85 they essentially gain atleast a 15% advantage and that's without exploiting other loopholes. If I could have 15% on my competition I would win a lot more. These issues should be NCAA issues and not set by the SEC.

I KNOW that there are schools (in all conferences) that recruit players with good grades so they can put them on academic schollies instead of athletic ones....

I KNOW that there are schools (in all conferences) that recruit players with good grades so they can put them on academic schollies instead of athletic ones....

i can say with 100% confidence that dear ol NU does not do that.

i should also add that is against NCAA rules and would result in a violation.