North Texas (#96 " ")

Arkansas (#29 " ")

Florida (#105 " ")

Vanderbilt (#98 " ")

Ole Miss (#114 " ")

Tennessee (#104 " ")

LSU (#86 " ")

Mississippi State (#84 " ")

*Georgia Southern <--- FCS school scored 21 pts. Most by any team against Bama in 2011. (Not included in stats)

Auburn (#100 " ")

LSU (#86 " ")

Avg. Total Offense = 93

Interpret these numbers however you wish. Debate away...

1995 Nebraska Defense vs.

Oklahoma State (#92 Total Offense)

Michigan State (#54 " ")

Arizona State (#45 " ")

Pacific (#84 Total " ")

Washington State (#69 " ")

Missouri (#95 " ")

Kansas State (#34 " ")

Colorado (#6 " ")

Iowa State (#65 " ")

Kansas (#43 " ")

Oklahoma (#53 " ")

Florida (#4 " ")

Avg. Total Offense = 53

2011 Alabama Defense vs.

Kent State (#119 Total Offense)

Penn State (#95 " ")

North Texas (#96 " ")

Arkansas (#29 " ")

Florida (#105 " ")

Vanderbilt (#98 " ")

Ole Miss (#114 " ")

Tennessee (#104 " ")

LSU (#86 " ")

Mississippi State (#84 " ")

*Georgia Southern <--- FCS school scored 21 pts. Most by any team against Bama in 2011. (Not included in stats)

Auburn (#100 " ")

LSU (#86 " ")

Avg. Total Offense = 93

Interpret these numbers however you wish. Debate away...

To lazy to look up what you did. Great stuff. Thanks.

1995 NU also faced, IIRC, 4 top 10 teams and beat them all.

Buddy of mine, just mentioned what your stats showed. The SEC has very good defenses, but their offenses appear average. In a more prolific conference, with better offenses, Bama's numbers might be different.

NU in 1995 just had "it". All across the board and on both sides of the ball. I still go with NU.

In a head to head matchup of NU 95 vs Alabama 11, it might have been a pretty good game for 1 quarter. I doubt Alabama would have scored much more than they did in their game with LSU. They wouldn't have had much success running between the tackles. They wouldn't have been able to get outside our DE's either. Our DB's would have shut down their passing attack for the most part.

On the other side, while Alabama wouldn't have seen our option game during the season, Saban would have had 50 days to prep for it. LSU's efforts at the option were weak at best and the Huskers would have been a much better test of their defense. By the middle of the 3rd qtr I think TO would have found the chinks in their armor and conditioning would have been a factor.

I'll say the score would have been 27-17 Huskers

Bama's 11 D is definitely better than our 95 D but we win the game rather easily. Funny thing about comparing good defenses,, there's a point where you're just plain good enough and being better doesn't necessarily benefit you much more. Our 95 offense was lightyears ahead of Bama's O, and would have success against their D.

Excellent posts folks. I was just wondering watching the game the other night about how our offense would, 95 that is, would compete against their defense. And vice versa. But, after thinking about it more, I don't think their offense would have scored anything. So, now I am flip flopping like a fish outta water.

Now, I love the stats listed above about both defenses. In comparing both defenses, I think bama looked better. Don't know, just my thoughts.

But the bigger question is, how the heck do we get athletes like we saw the other night. Whether it was bama or lsu. That DE from LSU #49, was a beast. I mean, the back up nose guard for bama created havoc. Why can't we get those type of guys? Nothing against our boys on defense, but most of those guys would be on special teams if they played for one of those teams.

How would you compare the 11 Bama D to the 09 NU D?
There is no comparison. The only relatively reasonable thing you could say is that Suh could've played on the 11 Bama D.

Prince would play too. Probably start. Although Bama does have two top-notch CBs.

damn I luv that suh gif

oh yeah, 95 skers always unless somebody can clearly decimate that legendary team.

GBR

I couldn't find a gif of the 95 Blackshirts. The safety sack on Wuerffel would make a great one.

If you want to know what it takes to have a superior defense, take a look at Bama. Their d-line firing off the ball, not standing high, LB's tackling, not missing tackles. No penalties. I saw both defenses play throughout both seasons. Gotta admit tide was rollin.

Gotta give the nod to bama in this head to head.

We are light years behind the SEC.

I agree, but expect to be assaulted by blatant homerism.

If you want to know what it takes to have a superior defense, take a look at Bama. Their d-line firing off the ball, not standing high, LB's tackling, not missing tackles. No penalties. I saw both defenses play throughout both seasons. Gotta admit tide was rollin.

Gotta give the nod to bama in this head to head.

We are light years behind the SEC.

I agree, but expect to be assaulted by blatant homerism.

Of course. It's a Husker site, and we're talking Husker football.