Would any Huskers since 2000 make the All-century team?

NUance

Nebraska All-Century

Football Team

Offense

QB - Tommie Frazier (1992-1995)

IB - Mike Rozier (1981-83)

IB - Roger Craig (1979-82)

FB - Tom Rathman (1983-85)

FB - Joel Makovicka (1995-98)

WR - Irving Fryar (1981-83)

WR - Johnny Rodgers (1970-72)

TE - Junior Miller (1977-79)

OT - Bob Newton (1969-79)

OG - Will Shields (1989-92)

OC - Dave Rimington (1979-82)

OG/C - Aaron Taylor (1994-97)

OG - Dean Steinkuhler (1981-83)

OT- Zach Wiegert (1991-94)

Defense

DE - Grant Wistrom (1994-97)

DT - Jason Peter (1994-97)

NT - Rich Glover (1970-72)

DT - Neil Smith (1985-87)

DE/OLB - Trev Alberts (1990-93)

DE/OLB - Broderick Thomas (1985-88)

LB - Marc Munford (1984-86)

LB - Ed Stewart (1991-94)

LB - Tom Novak (1946-49)

CB - Michael Booker (1994-96)

CB - Ralph Brown (1996-99)

ROV - Mike Brown (1996-99)

ROV - Mike Minter (1993-96)

Special Teams

PK - Kris Brown (1995-98)

P - Jesse Kosch (1994-97)

KR - Tyrone Hughes (1989-92)

PR - Johnny Rodgers (1970-72)

This information is from Huskerwebcast the official site of UNL. LINK

What Husker(s)--if any--since the year 2000 would make the All-century team?

David has been invaluable, but I am not sure, he may have a tough go against some of the greats of the past. I think he is deserving of a shot. Worth a debate.

Suh is probably the most likely of everybody. Henery's great. Kris Brown was a beast if I recall, but Henery belongs in that conversation.

I feel like Prince and Fonz are as good as we've ever had at the corner position. I think both of them would be up for debate here. Maybe it's just short term memory clouding my judgment, but these guys are elite.

Oh, and of course, Eric Hagg is the best peso-back we have ever had.

I think there have been some good punters recently. Kyle Larson or Sam Koch - would they stand a chance against Jesse Hosch?

Yeah, the only shoo-in is Suh. And maybe Henery. A couple others I can see arguments for.

Interesting to see DeJuan Groce's name. I always thought that guy was way underrated. Both as a return man and a CB. I could see making an argument for him on this list.

I dont think any will, because by the time 2099 comes around very VERY few if any will remember the players of the past decade. We still have 88 years worth the players left to see and I'm pretty sure that means chances are guys like Suh and David will be passed up. Just look at the years played of the previous century team. Only 1 is before 1970 and most are from 80's and 90's. I dont think even Suh's legacy can survice 8 more decades.

Um, are we talking "team of the 20th Century", or "team of the 21st Century"? Big difference, that is.

Plus, no players that played for Nebraska from the 2001 season on would be elegible for 'Team of the 20th Century'.

Welcome to off-season.

Suh to replace Glover or Peter on the D line? I think absolutely, but I am really struggling to remember just how dominate Glover was.

Henery to replace K. Brown? More than likely.

Prince or Fonzie? Maybe if cover corner is specified but not if you figure in the whole package and laying the wood. And the 4 DB's already on that list? Damn!

David at LB? This is a tough one. I'd consider him over Novak but I never saw him play, only have heard about him, so that's prob not fair. And David is a much different type of LB than the others. Those guys were all kind of hard-nosed Singletary type backers, where Lavonte is a fly to the ball, make the unbelievable saving play type. Gonna have to say prob not yet anyway.

Groce to replace the Jet or Hughes on returns? Don't think so but he was good.

Anyone else? I'm not seeing it.

edit- Nicks, Raiola, Vanden Bosch? No way. Ruud? hmmmm.....