Osborne likes traditional uniforms

Rip on the Army all you want but ASU's are a huge improvement over the old dress greens...same with Multicam over UCP.

As for the corps...way to dress like you're about to go chase down Pancho Villa or something...those collars are sooo late 19th/early 20th century.

You do realize the ACU has a Mandarin collar yes?

Like most big Army procurement programs the ACU/UCP debacle was (and still is) amusing at every level. The bottom line is that UCP was adopted specifically because Army was trying to emulate the USMC. They screwed the pooch because one chair bound general got sold a bill of goods on the "no black in nature...everything has to be GREY" nonsense and lumped it together with "The Marines have the digital pattern so we have to have the digital pattern".

This entire cluster could have been solved a decade ago by going with the All-Over Brush pattern & the desert palette that consistently outperformed everything thrown against it ...including Skorpion/Multicam (gotta love those insane licensing fees though guys!).

As far as "Pancho Villa" goes...this is what Marines were wearing in the field in those days:

chestypullernicaragua19.png

Khakis & campaign covers work for me.

Bonus points for whoever can identify that young hard charging 1st Lt in the center.

Anyways what's this thread about again?

Oh yeah ....the Nike pro-combat crap forced on the Buckeyes blows.

I'm a fan of traditional uniforms. Sure, they're uncomfortable.

Deltas are uncomfortable?

The Dress Blue jacket really isn't any more uncomfortable than Service Alphas and it's not like you wear it that often....unless you're the boot wearing it out to the mall hoping to impress high school girls. You weren't THAT guy were you?

I was referring to the antiquated standing collar on their dress uniform

Yes it's called a Mandarin collar.

It is also a feature of the US Army's current velcro covered PJs.

productACU-Shirt-LGlarge.jpg

In the case of the USMC it's a nod to one of our traditional nicknames, Leatherneck (and goes even farther back to one our British brothers were labeled with...Bootneck).

Yes it's called a Mandarin collar.

It is also a feature of the US Army's current velcro covered PJs.

In the case of the USMC it's a nod to one of our traditional nicknames, Leatherneck (and goes even farther back to one our British brothers were labeled with...Bootneck).

I was talking about dress uniforms. I'm no expert on collars or their names all I know is that there is a distinct difference between their dress uniforms and our ASUs. Those collars are antiquated, straight out of the early 20th century as far as fashion goes though I guess its coming back into style. They also look uncomfortable but that's not a knock. I think anyone you'd ask would say they have the best looking uniforms around.

As far as up-collaring ACU's yea that's a feature but a rarely used one...never see Soldiers like that in garrison outside of the rare training that requires it. I've actually cut the collar velcro off my garrison uniforms that have the "airplane wings" problem and I know a few more tradition oriented guys that throw their next rank on it as well.

Interesting how this has turned into a discussion of Military uniforms...to get it a little more on topic

Under Armor hooked Carolina (and some other schools) up with some wounded warrior uni's that looked pretty cool. I also dig Army's UCP pattern get up.

wounded-warrior-jerseys.jpg

5130410548_9d1233cecb_o.jpg

About 20 years ago, I actually asked T.O. if he would ever consider put a script " Huskers " on the helmet.............

You'd of thought I insulted his wife..............and though his tone was cool...........he made it clear that line of questioning was OVER..............

No need to change uniforms but why not morph the N--just a little--into something more 21st century looking and less 19th century looking? Maybe an outline or a shadow or something. Not something straight out of looney toons like the Wiscy W :)

And, I think NU has changed its uniforms with a number of minor changes over the years.