Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

On 5/6/2024 at 11:51 AM, JJ Husker said:

The Roast of Tom Brady on Netflix is worth a look. I don’t know why any normal person would agree to do one of these. Warning- it is a bit long, clocking at over 3 hours. Prolly not for the kiddos. Some funny and crude stuff in there.

Love how Netflixed cut Kim Ks attempted roast out. Rumors are she demanded it be removed so it can be forgotten the chorus of boos she received.

• Worth a Look 1

1 hour ago, Madcows said:

Love how Netflixed cut Kim Ks attempted roast out. Rumors are she demanded it be removed so it can be forgotten the chorus of boos she received.

It’s still there I just watched it this morning. She looked at  the teleprompter the entire time, but the material was pretty funny.  

he’s definitely doing her. Or is it the other way around. 

4 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

It’s still there I just watched it this morning. She looked at  the teleprompter the entire time, but the material was pretty funny.  

he’s definitely doing her. Or is it the other way around. 

I haven't watched it yet, read an article last night how her portion was being removed.  Glad it hasn't yet, continue to have the world laugh at her.

10 minutes ago, Madcows said:

I haven't watched it yet, read an article last night how her portion was being removed.  Glad it hasn't yet, continue to have the world laugh at her.

I think the part where she was booed was removed. According to Reddit anyway. People have mentioned that Netflix is pulling things left and right so watch it now. 

12 minutes ago, krc1995 said:

I think the part where she was booed was removed. According to Reddit anyway. People have mentioned that Netflix is pulling things left and right so watch it now. 

There's a documentary on there called "What Jennifer Did." Apparently Netflix used AI to alter some images of the suspect

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, GSG said:

There's a documentary on there called "What Jennifer Did." Apparently Netflix used AI to alter some images of the suspect

And the show brags that’s it’s a live roast. AI sure changes the definition of “live” 

51 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

If you can get past it being a cartoon, X-Men '97 might be the best show of the year. 

I keep seeing it on Disney+. Might have to re-watch the original animated series first just for fun

6 minutes ago, teachercd said:

No but I have heard good things about it!

It's pretty funny and the action is decent. Kinda has some cheesy 80's action movie vibes

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, GSG said:

I keep seeing it on Disney+. Might have to re-watch the original animated series first just for fun

It's a direct continuation of the original series...but it's matured with its audience, and geared much more towards the adults who watched the original show. It's also much more well written and plotted than the original series, too. 

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

It's a direct continuation of the original series...but it's matured with its audience, and geared much more towards the adults who watched the original show. It's also much more well written and plotted than the original series, too. 

Nice! I had read some stuff about it, so it's been on my radar. I'll have to check it out :thumbs

• Worth a Look 1