Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

Been re-watching GoT from the beginning. Can't believe all the little things I missed the first, and in some cases the second, time through. You guys that refuse to watch really should reconsider.

They killed off my favorite characters in season 1. No reason to continue.

They do have a tendency to kill off the good guys. But it makes it that much sweeter when the bad guys get theirs. What I like is anything can happen at anytime and nobody seems to be untouchable. They don't always save the big stuff for the last show of the season.

13 reasons why is quite amazing

Agreed. We watched the whole thing over a long weekend. It was really good

I almost stopped watching it but now I am on the 3rd episode. I like it

It took me 3 tries to get through the first episode, then I think we watched the rest in like 2-3 days.

It's really sad and makes you think about all the little things. Kids are so mean to each other, and they always have been. But now, with cell phones and social media, it stays with a kid forever. There is no such thing as ignoring and walking away anymore. I worked at a school with a startling suicide rate, and it's really scary.

13 reasons why is quite amazing

Agreed. We watched the whole thing over a long weekend. It was really good

I almost stopped watching it but now I am on the 3rd episode. I like it

It took me 3 tries to get through the first episode, then I think we watched the rest in like 2-3 days.

It's really sad and makes you think about all the little things. Kids are so mean to each other, and they always have been. But now, with cell phones and social media, it stays with a kid forever. There is no such thing as ignoring and walking away anymore. I worked at a school with a startling suicide rate, and it's really scary.

Yeah, that first episode was rough to get through.

I'm actually on the fence about whether or not I like 13 Reasons Why. My fiancée and I are on the last three episodes.

I once dated a girl in college who liked Secret Life and Pretty Little Liars, so I often sat through some of those shows and did homework or something else why she watched. This series has an air about it, at times, that's very reminiscent of those other shows and not in a good way. In particular, it spends a ton of time telling me sh*t I already know or something that I want to figure out on my own. I don't like it when details or emotions are spoon-fed to me and the tapes do that a lot.

And, even though it's a television show, I find a lot of it incredibly unrealistic.

I'm actually on the fence about whether or not I like 13 Reasons Why. My fiancée and I are on the last three episodes.

I once dated a girl in college who liked Secret Life and Pretty Little Liars, so I often sat through some of those shows and did homework or something else why she watched. This series has an air about it, at times, that's very reminiscent of those other shows and not in a good way. In particular, it spends a ton of time telling me sh*t I already know or something that I want to figure out on my own. I don't like it when details or emotions are spoon-fed to me and the tapes do that a lot.

And, even though it's a television show, I find a lot of it incredibly unrealistic.

Pretty Little Liars was SO GOOD for the first season and then so very lame.

Is anyone going to watch American Gods on Starz?

American Gods is a Hugo and Nebula Award-winning[1] novel by English author Neil Gaiman. The novel is a blend of Americana, fantasy, and various strands of ancient and modern mythology, all centering on the mysterious and taciturn Shadow.

The central premise of the novel is that gods and mythological creatures exist because people believe in them (a type of thoughtform). Immigrants to the United States brought with them spirits and gods. The power of these mythological beings has diminished as people's beliefs waned. New gods have arisen, reflecting America's obsessions with media, celebrity, technology, and drugs, among other things.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Gods

Cast:

MainRecurring

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Gods_(TV_series)

This isn't on Netflix yet but I don't know of a more suitable thread.

The Founder, just released to Redbox. Good flick about Ray Kroc and McDonald's. I guess I didn't know the whole story behind the creation of McDonald's. I have mixed feelings. On one hand Kroc was a dick and basically hijacked the company from the McDonald brothers, even effectively stealing the right to use their name on the restaurants. But on the other hand, McDonald's would've never been worth as much or grown to be the behemoth it is without him. Anyway, it's worth a view.

• Fire 1

Update - I finally finished it. It took about two weeks to convince myself to watch the last two episodes after

Clay's tape

My thoughts haven't changed much from my initial OP. I do think that watching

Hannah commit suicide is one of the most brutal things I've ever seen on television, but I have a lot of problems with the character development and some of the style. It just wasn't my cup of tea. I might watch a second season but probably only because my fiancée really enjoyed the show.