Netflix & streaming video stuff worth watching

Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix. Pretty funny comedy with Drew Barrymore, Timothy Olyphant and the boy from Vacation. It's a little twisted and different, almost has the feel of Dexter but a lot lighter. I'd recommend.

Edit- Binged all 10 episodes of season 1. It's definitely worth a look. But I retract the Dexter comparison. There is only one small aspect that reminds of that. This is very light comedy all the way, mostly poking fun at affluent suburban life with a funny twist on the zombie genre. Netflix Orignals is doing a much better job than the big networks imo. Looking forward to season 2.

Santa Clarita Diet on Netflix. Pretty funny comedy with Drew Barrymore, Timothy Olyphant and the boy from Vacation. It's a little twisted and different, almost has the feel of Dexter but a lot lighter. I'd recommend.

Edit- Binged all 10 episodes of season 1. It's definitely worth a look. But I retract the Dexter comparison. There is only one small aspect that reminds of that. This is very light comedy all the way, mostly poking fun at affluent suburban life with a funny twist on the zombie genre. Netflix Orignals is doing a much better job than the big networks imo. Looking forward to season 2.

I watched it as well. Good stuff!

Next up is "The Fall."

Seems pretty comparable to the Killing.

Mike Birbiglia's new standup is phenomenal. It has him neck and neck with Louis C.K. as my favorite living comedian.

Next up is "The Fall."

My wife watched that over the past week. She's been buzzing about it. I'll have to check it out myself.

Mike Birbiglia's new standup is phenomenal. It has him neck and neck with Louis C.K. as my favorite living comedian.

Next up is "The Fall."

My wife watched that over the past week. She's been buzzing about it. I'll have to check it out myself.

Which show?

Next up is "The Fall."

Which show?

The Fall

I just finished a documentary series on the Irish Mob and now started one on Prohibition that can be found on Netflix. The Irish Mob one was very well done except for the last episode and I'm only through episode 1 of the Prohibition one but it was very interesting. There was a lot in there that I never knew before.

Is it named "Irish Mob"? When I googled it, I came up with "Paddy Whacked" but I can't see where Ken Burns did it.

This stuff interests me.

Ken Burns did the prohibition one. It's a PBS documentary.

The Irish Mob one is literally called The Irish Mob. I know there was another called Paddywhacked, but didn't watch that one.

OK...watched The Irish Mob. That was pretty interesting.

Tried watching Prohibition and got about 30 minutes into the first episode. Man it starts off slow and dry.

Next up is "The Fall."

Which show?
The Fall

The first two seasons of the Fall are amazing the third lacks a little. But definitely recommend!

• Fire 1

My fiance and I just finished The People vs. OJ on Netflix and the Made in America special on OJ on Hulu.

Made in America was just incredible. The People was really enjoyable too and I highly recommend it. I was adverse to watching these OJ shows at all simply because I felt I knew enough already and wouldn't be entertained. I was completely wrong and became obsessed with learning more about the cases, and I found out about tons of information I'd never known before.

• Fire 1

Next up is "The Fall."

Which show?
The Fall

The first two seasons of the Fall are amazing the third lacks a little. But definitely recommend!

I liked it a lot.

I did fall asleep during 3rd season episode, which is quite telling for me.

I wonder if that was the final season?