2 Huskers Leaving Team

I was told Okafor chose Nebraska in part due to wanting to wanting to be a part of our Biology program since he had a 4.0 in high school and is apparently a great student. As a guy with a bio degree, I had classes with him too. But he never was able to contribute on the football field...I question whether he is actually leaving since it wouldn't make sense at this point with what, 1 year of eligibility left (?) to go play at a lesser school, especially when you're not going to have a future in football, and you're so close to just getting your degree

I thought I read that he's graduating this spring. Probably figures there's no point

He is going to UNMC. It wouldn't make sense for him to put off going to med school since he hasn't been a contributor.

• Fire 1

We currently have 82 or 83 on the roster. We have 19 graduating seniors... and 5 open scholarships right now. If all of our signed players show up then that gives us 24 open scholarships. I imagine we will leave a few for walk ons and 1-2 of our signed players won't make it due to grades so my guess is we will sign 22 or 23 this year.

I was really impressed with the film of J.T. Kerr back when we recruited him and was looking forward to seeing what he could do. Obviously USC thinks enough of him to take him and I'm sure the coaches (NU) had good things to say about him. Best of luck.

That kid wrote the book on disappointment as far as following team rules and actually doing what was required of him to be in good standing with the team. He'll fit in better at USC where they don't require personal responsibility. I doubt the coaches went out on a limb for him to get him a spot. I'm guessing one day the guy looks back a realizes what he pissed away.

I was really impressed with the film of J.T. Kerr back when we recruited him and was looking forward to seeing what he could do. Obviously USC thinks enough of him to take him and I'm sure the coaches (NU) had good things to say about him. Best of luck.

That kid wrote the book on disappointment as far as following team rules and actually doing what was required of him to be in good standing with the team. He'll fit in better at USC where they don't require personal responsibility. I doubt the coaches went out on a limb for him to get him a spot. I'm guessing one day the guy looks back a realizes what he pissed away.

So what specifically did he do as far as not following the team rules??? Curious to know.

So what specifically did he do as far as not following the team rules??? Curious to know.

he liked to smoke the peace pipe and chase the skirt a little more than focusing on FB........

• Fire 1

he liked to smoke the peace pipe and chase the skirt a little more than focusing on FB........

sounds like my kind of guy......

• Fire 2

Yeah, I just read it in the OWH: http://www.omaha.com...IGRED/120609967

Is this a big loss? Wow..too bad..

Big loss, wouldn't go that far. But Disappointing loss, you bet. I know many(including myself) thought this kid could be a star here after looking at his film from HS. He was one of the bigger gets for that class.

On the field, he played on special teams and was not making any movement up the depth chart. He was a typical "looks great in August and the spring, even mentioned by coaches, but the light never fully clicked on" player. Too bad.