Michael Rose's take on this years recruiting class

Rose scans the boards and blogs and has read the critiques from some fans about this Husker recruiting class, which has 11 known pledges heading into the stretch run of this recruiting season.

He knows there are skeptics. But he looks at this year's class and last year's Husker recruiting class and sees them as great complements of one another.

You guys better watch what you're posting. :thumbs

reality............First year of Bo's own recruits,....4 invited to the NFL combine....9 last year(Callahan recruits), that IS the final measurement!

How bout you wait another year or two for Bo's real recruiting classes to come through. The ones who were either Jr's or Sr's this year were either in Callahan's last class or in Bo's first which technically was Callahan's class plus a couple of Bo's late finds after he took over. Just to throw it out there, the 3 best players on the team this year were Bo's recruits: Alfonzo Dennard, LaVonte David, and Rex Burkhead. Other than Prince, Suh, and Larry Asante, Callahan's recruits haven't been spectacularly memorable.

Let's just keep some perspective and understand the toll that a coaching change has on a recruiting class.

How bout you wake up! Another year or two??? How high are you?? Callahan was shitcanned after 4yrs, and his recruits were waaay better than Bo's. When are you gonna realize that we will NOT compete in the big 10 with 6-8 walkons starting every year. We are witnessing the demise of NU football under Bo Pelini. If this years recruiting class so far does not tell you that. "the star players" do not want to play for him, you are in a world of your own. WE have the best facilities on earth!!!!! The players here are treated like gods!!! Go ahead and blame it on the weather, or whatever you want, but the fact is, they are not going to come here and play for a loose cannon like Pelini. He gets pisssed at a guy and benches him, burns redshirts and they never see the field again...Would you want your kid to play at NU right now? Basically you have a high school assistant coaching staff also. We are being made fun of by the real college football programs.............thats a fact!

How bout you wake up! Another year or two??? How high are you?? Callahan was shitcanned after 4yrs, and his recruits were waaay better than Bo's. When are you gonna realize that we will NOT compete in the big 10 with 6-8 walkons starting every year. We are witnessing the demise of NU football under Bo Pelini. If this years recruiting class so far does not tell you that. "the star players" do not want to play for him, you are in a world of your own. WE have the best facilities on earth!!!!! The players here are treated like gods!!! Go ahead and blame it on the weather, or whatever you want, but the fact is, they are not going to come here and play for a loose cannon like Pelini. He gets pisssed at a guy and benches him, burns redshirts and they never see the field again...Would you want your kid to play at NU right now? Basically you have a high school assistant coaching staff also. We are being made fun of by the real college football programs.............thats a fact!

Very rarely do I see a post so full of conjecture. Bravo.

"Star" players don't want to play for him? He gets "pissed" at a guy and benches him? Both conjecture and both unfathomably unprovable.

Are you still hurting over the fact that JT didn't see the field much, despite his redshirt being burnt? Dude admitted to, and I quote, "dogging" it in practice. This case is done, finite, over. Anything else is purely conspiracy theory and conjecture. We all know Pelini places a lot of emphasis on practice. It's time to either accept it or wallow in your own cesspool of atrocious opinions and ideas. I'd think you'd rather accept it, but each to his own...I guess.

Your last line by itself shows your loathing for Nebraska right now. If you really hate this staff and the direction of the program, I have NO problem with that. But please, for the sake of Huskerboard and intelligent football fans everywhere, stop swallowing ipecac, vomiting all over the keyboard, and then pushing post.

Oh yeah, shark, just so you know, rickey thenarse was a 5th year senior last yr cause he blew his knee out the yr before. This years seniors were Bo's.

Thank you for sharing your opinions/false facts.

I really think that Bo needs to "dumb" down the system on both sides of the ball and get the guys he recruited on the field sooner than later. For example, we run like a million different looks on O, but I have no idea what the he$$ we run well. We need to find an identity ASAP (on O) and get very, very good at a few things that the current kids can execute in their sleep regardless what the opposing D throws at them.

Bo has made it quite apparent that he doesn't have nearly the insight of structuring a great offense as he does with a great defense. Bo made the first mistake of putting a lot of trust into someone that a lot of folks questioned. Shawn Watson. Now he has Tim Beck, which i think last year Tim just kind of went with what he had, I feel that 2012 will be either another year in which he does what he can with the offense he inherited or he will fine tune the multiple offense that we ran this season. I said it before when TIm Beck was hired, give him 2 - 3 years to fully install his vision for this offense and break away from what Shawn Watson brought in.

Ladyhawke,

You can not be excited about that recruitment. Not even ranked and only offered by Toledo. He may be the find of the century, but it appears as a wasted scholly to me. And with as few as we have, we need better use of them. It maybe he is the best we can get, but god I pray that is not the case.

Oh, I think there is enough positive about him to not say wasted scholarship. He seems like an athlete at least, that's for sure. As Crewe detailed in the recruiting thread there may be circumstances that contributed to his late recruitment, and we weren't the only team in on him.

That said, I think it's likely we are taking him on because prior plans fell through. In particular, seems like we gave Diggs a lot of space, feeling confident we would get him, when the truth was we needed to put the full court press on him. Now, maybe Diggs would still have gone elsewhere - but that is something that, had we been on top of, we might've gotten secondary plans lined up earlier and gone after them before being blindsided a little later in the recruiting process.

I thought our biggest need in this class was LB, and the staff has done a damn fine job there. Little disappointed on some of the secondary guys we've missed on, hopefully Charles Jackson can make the grade. That would help alot. Peat's the big fish we *need* to land, and I think we have a fantastic shot at getting him.

I thought our biggest need in this class was LB, and the staff has done a damn fine job there. Little disappointed on some of the secondary guys we've missed on, hopefully Charles Jackson can make the grade. That would help alot. Peat's the big fish we *need* to land, and I think we have a fantastic shot at getting him.

Don't get me wrong, Andrus Peat would be a GREAT get in this recruiting class. But i kind of feel that he is more of a want rather than a need. We have a lot of young talent on the offensive line and i realize that Peat is a 5 star recruit, but i hope people realize that even if Peat does come here, he has a lot of depth to work his way on to the field. I get the notion that a bunch of you only want Peat here for the recruiting class rating or to be able to say this recruiting class is a success because we took a highly rated player.

I guess i just feel that our needs should be elsewhere.

Well fuzzy I'm gonna have to politely disagree with your take on Peat. While I humbly respect your opinion and when expressing my opinion i will try not to purposely discarding or disregarding your feelings on the matter. Everyone is entitled to their opinion! But are frigging kidding me here!?!?! We, and I'll try and dumb this down for everyone, abso-friggin-lutley NEED this guy!!! Want him yes of course. Need him, come on. Yoshi was our starting and by that parameter alone makes him our best left tackle. If the young guys aren't good enough to pass up yoshi on the depth chart then how good are we behind him. Andrus will start barring injury or something totally unexpected at the very latest, the start of conference play!!! Listen to me carefully. I understand you don't go into a recruits living room with promises of starting as a true freshman. It undermines all the work the guys on campus have put in for however long. But franchise left tackles!!! This guy will start at left tackle(behind QB the highest paid position in the NFL) for the next 10-15 years of his life!

I have no problem telling these type of kids at this position "come to Nebraska and start as soon as you got the playbook down. If we learned Nything from the bowl game with USCe, we found out what future NFL DEs will do to an average left tackle! And like I said yoshi was our best!!!

To sum up I want to win the Powerball! I need my monthly salary.

NU wants to win a national championship!! NU needs to win a B1G title!

Barney Cotton wants to keep his job!!! He needs Andrus Peat!!!