Michael Rose's take on this years recruiting class

Wow are you guys gonna be disappointed 8:00am central time on Wednesday. To those that say this is gonna be Pelini's best class, check out what Ohio St. and Michigan are doing. No conference titles coming our way soon.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/commitments/2007/wisconsin-36

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrecruiting/football/recruiting/commitments/2006/wisconsin-36

We are short on talent at several spots on the roster right now, that's an issue that goes back to recruiting.

And it isn't for lack of bodies, either, just lack of players that have really stepped up so far. Maybe that changes this year.

everyone seems to have a different definition for talent. while we dont have elite talent I feel that we have enough to compete for the conf title. IMO out problem is much more about execution and intensity. that falls on the coaches and the players. I think that our guys appear to be physically overmatched because they are out of position and imo not giving full effort(esp on defense) our d a few years ago swarmed. it was 11 guys attacking the ball. not anymore

What NU lacks in recruits this year...makes up with...walk-ons...? Supposedly a good group coming in? Maybe I'm only halfway sort-of joking kind of. I guess if you're going to have a smaller, not as (talented? who really knows?) class, might as well have a bunch of work-your-ass-off kids who want schollies and have wanted to play for the Nebraska Cornhuskers their entire lives, if for no other reason than to push any 4-star starter who has maybe grown a bit too complacent.

No Peat yet. We got a RB Imani Cross who was committed to Tenn until we stole him. (Word is he was encouraged to look around) I and some others happen to like him, and some who do not. Hes a big back 6'1 220. Really good young man, well spoken and a good pickup IMO.

I'm really excited about our walk-on class. It's damn good. Really high on the King Frazier kid. Thats alot of talent to not get an offer anywhere else. Hope he signs before he gets picked up.

Right now Peat is still for the picking, but hearing out here he told SC he was going to be there competitor. That smells like Stanford. I am hoping because of his brother he comes to Nebraska, if he doesn't I really do not know how to take that. Stanford is a better education I guess. And they are known for their offensive lines.

Right now Peat is still for the picking, but hearing out here he told SC he was going to be there competitor. That smells like Stanford. I am hoping because of his brother he comes to Nebraska, if he doesn't I really do not know how to take that. Stanford is a better education I guess. And they are known for their offensive lines.

Yeah...damn those football players...always sniffing out the higher echelon of education...

I always go into signing day hopeful.

This late addition, Alexander, could be a problem, what we don't need is someone that is going to have problems off the field. Giving him the benefit of the doubt, I hope he comes with the right attitude, is serious about academics and football, and does well with the Huskers. I am sure the coaches have had long talks with him, and he knows what is expected, and comes to prove any critics wrong.

We won't really know what we have until probably the start of next season, then it will be clear who the potential stars are, and who may take some development, and who will take a lot of development or be long shots. This is the same every year, no matter how many stars they have behind their names. Kind of like playing the lottery.