How good can we be with TM under center next year?

G0B1GRED

You think Taylor would be good as a safety? Have you even watched the guy running into contact? And you think his skills would be utilized better as a 2nd or 3rd string safety? That sounds like not utilizing his skills at all to me...

Taylor will be fine. He needs to improve, as does every other player on the team.

Aha. You got my point exactly. His skills are very hard to utilize on a football team. Thanks.

You're right. He passed Tommie Frazier and moved to third place on Nebraska's career total yards list by the end of his sophomore year due to luck alone. No skill whatsoever.

Tommie Frazier ran the option 70% of the time, and when he wasn't running the option he was handing it off to the HB in the I formation, or to the FB in a triple option. When he didn't keep it on the option, he was pitching it to LP and Ahman Green who both had some pretty amazing numbers if I don't recall? Hmmm, you think Tommie had anything to do with that? Comparing Tommie Frazier's or any other QB's numbers in the option system to Taylors numbers now? Thats apples and oranges. We've ran an entirely different offensive style since the option days of the nineties here in Nebraska in case you haven't been watching.

Maybe you didn't read it right. 3RD MOST CAREER YARDS IN NEBRASKA HISTORY

No maybe you didn't read right? Tommie Frazier would execute this offense far better than Taylor Martinez! If Tommie in his day took Taylor's place the last two years, Tommie would be DYNO MITE!

You think Taylor would be good as a safety? Have you even watched the guy running into contact? And you think his skills would be utilized better as a 2nd or 3rd string safety? That sounds like not utilizing his skills at all to me...

Taylor will be fine. He needs to improve, as does every other player on the team.

Aha. You got my point exactly. His skills are very hard to utilize on a football team. Thanks.

You're right. He passed Tommie Frazier and moved to third place on Nebraska's career total yards list by the end of his sophomore year due to luck alone. No skill whatsoever.

Tommie Frazier ran the option 70% of the time, and when he wasn't running the option he was handing it off to the HB in the I formation, or to the FB in a triple option. When he didn't keep it on the option, he was pitching it to LP and Ahman Green who both had some pretty amazing numbers if I don't recall? Hmmm, you think Tommie had anything to do with that? Comparing Tommie Frazier's or any other QB's numbers in the option system to Taylors numbers now? Thats apples and oranges. We've ran an entirely different offensive style since the option days of the nineties here in Nebraska in case you haven't been watching.

zooooooooooooooom Herc's point zipped right over your head.

zooooooooooooooom Herc's point zipped right over your head.

Gee, what a surprise.

So? He's still third all time in total yards. You're advocating for getting rid of a guy who only halfway through his career is one of the most prolific producers in school history.

No, not getting rid of him. Just moving him to his natural position. Water boy. That way Brion can get his career at Nebraska rolling.

I am not a hater, but definately not a worshiper, but Taylor looked pretty good throwing the ball in the last couple of games, including the bowl game against the best defense he saw all year.

Yes his mechanics suck. Bring something new to the board. Yes he gets happy feet in the pocket(although it was light years better compared to last). But again bring something new to the table. Yes, he is a mere straight line runner, again we have heard this. I am still waiting for something new about the kid, or some of these "facts".

I still cringe watching Taylot play, but there is SO much truth to the fact that Carnes is FAR behind Taylor in regards to the offense, defensive recognition. Yes throwing mechanics and the option mechanics are better than Taylor. But that does not mean crap when you don't know what people one the field with you are doing and what the defense is giving you.

Yes, Taylor was very effective in the bowl game. 10 completions for a 7 yard average. Hell take away the 30 yard bomb to Bell and that average drops. He distributed the ball to all of 4 guys! 5 of those 10 completions to Rex! 1 to a TE and one to a FB! Wow, that's some explosive offense there! Way to go Taylor! How'd that game end up again?

• Fire 1

No maybe you didn't read right? Tommie Frazier would execute this offense far better than Taylor Martinez! If Tommie in his day took Taylor's place the last two years, Tommie would be DYNO MITE!

Tommie would be great. I think he's out of eligibility though... Also he was one of the best college QBs ever, so the fact that Taylor's production is comparable makes it seem a bit ridiculous for you to want to bench him.

I am not a hater, but definately not a worshiper, but Taylor looked pretty good throwing the ball in the last couple of games, including the bowl game against the best defense he saw all year.

Yes his mechanics suck. Bring something new to the board. Yes he gets happy feet in the pocket(although it was light years better compared to last). But again bring something new to the table. Yes, he is a mere straight line runner, again we have heard this. I am still waiting for something new about the kid, or some of these "facts".

I still cringe watching Taylot play, but there is SO much truth to the fact that Carnes is FAR behind Taylor in regards to the offense, defensive recognition. Yes throwing mechanics and the option mechanics are better than Taylor. But that does not mean crap when you don't know what people one the field with you are doing and what the defense is giving you.

By next season Carnes will have a better grasp of the offense than Taylor does. If he doesn't transfer. He already blows Taylor's mechanics out of the water. Brion's footwork and pocket presence are excellent. If the coaches would give him some time to gain experience there's no reason he shouldn't overtake the spot.

Tommie would be great. I think he's out of eligibility though... Also he was one of the best college QBs ever, so the fact that Taylor's production is comparable makes it seem a bit ridiculous for you to want to bench him.

Yea, I just want to see this team reach the level they are capable of with a real QB. These guys work too hard to have to suffer through the ineffectiveness of their QB.

Yes, Taylor was very effective in the bowl game. 10 completions for a 7 yard average. Hell take away the 30 yard bomb to Bell and that average drops. He distributed the ball to all of 4 guys! 5 of those 10 completions to Rex! 1 to a TE and one to a FB! Wow, that's some explosive offense there! Way to go Taylor! How'd that game end up again?

He was 10/16, 3 balls were dropped. SC's QB was only 11/17, including the blind luck hail mary and the 80 yard bomb to Alshon Jeffery.

You think we would have been better off in that game if we had Connor Shaw playing QB in place of Taylor Martinez? Or would we have been better off if we had Alshon Jeffery playing WR in place of Brandon Kinnie?

It's not all about the QB.

I'm not overly impressed with Taylor but likewise I haven't been impressed with our O line or WR's. There are definite shortcomings when we need him to pass and, worst of all in my mind, I don't feel he provides the leadership required of the QB position. BUT, he is not and has not been the limiting factor for this offense. If I had to choose between a replacement for TM or improved line play, I'd take the line. And I don't buy that Bo isn't giving anyone else a legitimate look. Bo has no reason in the world to play any less than the best we have at that position. His livelihood and his staffs depend on it. Am I hopeful the QB play improves? Yes. Do I care if ends up being Brion or Taylor or someone else? Not really, as long as it's the best we got and I am confident that is how the decision will be made.